Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fixed Non Detachable Tour Pack Relocation  (Read 1091 times)

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
Fixed Non Detachable Tour Pack Relocation
« on: April 18, 2017, 07:03:54 PM »

Well, I broke down and Ordered a Kuryakyn 1559 bracket that moves the tour rearward 2". This should make the Wife Happier, I Hope! Has anyone moved their tour packs backwards?  I hope it doesn't make the front end too light and not have enough traction or turn it into a Wheelie Machine. I guess it will be OK if I don't put anything heavy it.  Opinions?  Thoughts?  Thanks!

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: Fixed Non Detachable Tour Pack Relocation
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 07:10:30 PM »

I've installed the George Anderson relo bracket on three different Harley Ultras and have the Kury on my '10 CVO Limited.  No problem as far as handling and as you said it is great for the co-rider's comfort.   :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 07:26:20 PM »

I also installed the George Anderson relocation bracket on my 2006 CVO Ultra, loved the added room especially with a passenger. I didn't notice any difference in handling.
There are many older threads talking about installation and other info with pictures of either the Kuryakyn or Anderson bracket and I don't think there was any negative comments from anyone.

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 09:30:19 PM »

Ok Great! At first I didn't want to pay that much for what looked pretty simple  device. I was worried about adverse handling effects.
Thanks Guys

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 09:38:00 PM »

What did you do to fill in the 2.5" or 4" gap between the back of the rear seat and the tour pack?  I know Kuryakyn makes a thicker back rest but what extending the rear seat? What's your opinion on making a pad as wide as the rear seat back to the tour pack and how to fasten the pad to the bike to keep it from  shifting position?
I got some ideas and a friend who reworks motorcycle seats, maybe he can make me something. I am currently waiting for paint to arrive then get it painted.

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: Blue n Blue 2015 FLTRUSE - Lucille
    • CVO2: Grey n' Black 2011 FLTRUSE - Bertha (Sold)
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 11:25:13 PM »

What did you do to fill in the 2.5" or 4" gap between the back of the rear seat and the tour pack?  I know Kuryakyn makes a thicker back rest but what extending the rear seat? What's your opinion on making a pad as wide as the rear seat back to the tour pack and how to fasten the pad to the bike to keep it from  shifting position?
I got some ideas and a friend who reworks motorcycle seats, maybe he can make me something. I am currently waiting for paint to arrive then get it painted.
G'Day ltank,
I had one on an 2010 electreglide I got it from eglide goodies. It was adjustable on the bike with a neat locking system so you could move it forward or back some. It came with a pad to fill the gap between seat & topbox when it was moved back.
Have a look on eglidegoodies.com
It may even have been made by kuryakyn.

Cheers Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 09:27:28 AM »

Used Kury #8956 on my 2015 and only moved it back an inch.  Very little gap behind seat and no noticeable handling issues.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

davidwruth

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

• CVO1: 2107 FLHTKSE
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 08:02:35 PM »

I have the relocation bracket from Kuryakyn and also bought the filler pad. It fills it up nicely.  You need to get longer screws for the pad cuz harley one mounts through a thin piece f plastic

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.