Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where do the dealers send the tourpaks for CVO Street Glides  (Read 1523 times)

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Where do the dealers send the tourpaks for CVO Street Glides
« on: April 21, 2017, 11:57:07 PM »

Curious where the dealers send the tourpaks for warranty painting,  or repair.  understand  Gunslinger does  not do them, some other outfit has the contract.
Thanks

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Where do the dealers send the tourpaks for CVO Street Glides
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 06:51:53 AM »

Curious where the dealers send the tourpaks for warranty painting,  or repair.  understand  Gunslinger does  not do them, some other outfit has the contract.
Thanks
Ours uses a local PPG shop.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 01:35:51 PM »

To go further on what OBB said, I think the dealers can use whomever they choose. Keep in mind that the Mo Co prolly has to approve any vendor that a dealership may want to use. Does anyone know if Extreme D does warranty work for dealers?
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 03:02:48 PM »

Perhaps things have changed in recent years, but the way it was handled in the past was by replacing the defective part and the dealer sending that defective part back to the vendor, who was ultimately accountable.  The vendor would usually repair the returned part and use it as a replacement for the next warranty job.  In the case of a TP just the defective piece would be replaced, either the lid or the bottom.   Since Harley doesn't sell CVO paint to dealerships, I'm not sure how they could do anything other than minor sand and polish repairs locally.

Anyone have some updated instructions from H-D changing the above procedure?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

coloradotom

• Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 03:42:14 PM »

My local dealer uses Gunslinger.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 05:09:05 PM »

Tourpak on my 09 SERG came in bad, they had failed to sand the base and it was peeling. I used it while another was ordered. Dealer then returned it to HD warranty department. Never any discussion to repairing it. Fender on my SEEG was chipped by shop while doing totally unrelated warranty work, they got me a new fender and installed. But I used the chipped one for 5 weeks while new one was on order. Once again, never any discussion to repair.
If HD let the Dealer send parts out for repair/refinish work then they would be obligated to warranty a off-site vendor's work, which they have no contract with, you can bet HD is not going to let that happen. Someone is going to pay for all come-backs and it is not going to be HD and if Joe's B/S did the work what leverage does HD have to force them to cover a problem? So ask your dealer what the procedure is, they have no reason to not tell you.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 05:53:29 PM »

Exactly.  And there is another very good reason Harley didn't authorize local repair in the past.  The painted parts vendor's contract specified they were required to pay for paint defect repairs.  Does anyone really think that vendor would rather pay an outside shop's bill versus just handling it internally?  I second the suggestion to have your dealer explain the entire process, and if you have any doubt about the dealership's veracity call H-D itself and ask the same questions.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 12:57:37 AM »

My local dealer uses Gunslinger.
for tour pak?

mark

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 10:16:56 AM »

I had a different experience: chip in the paint on my SESG fairing when it was delivered to dealer.  HD had dealer take it to a local painter for a repair.  When that didn't work out due to poor work, HD sent a new fairing.  It seemed to me HD was bending over backwards not to send a new fairing.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 10:47:15 AM »

I had a different experience: chip in the paint on my SESG fairing when it was delivered to dealer.  HD had dealer take it to a local painter for a repair.  When that didn't work out due to poor work, HD sent a new fairing.  It seemed to me HD was bending over backwards not to send a new fairing.

HD simply passes the buck, so you may have to deal with your dealer who wants you to believe  bad paint is to be acceptable.  which it is not under any circumstances.  you can bet if they go out and get a new care or truck or whatever else they want it to be new condition, not  defective from the git go.  these people you talk to are very  very anti consumer and have been for several years.    .

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 22 queries.