Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: CVOharley rocks!  (Read 2624 times)

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
CVOharley rocks!
« on: April 22, 2017, 05:39:56 PM »

Just wanted to say thank you to all the forum members.  I have learned so much from y'all.  Everyone here is so positive and helpful and I really appreciate it!  I was on another forum recently and answered an OP about what kind of equipment I was running (he was looking for options).  I got absolutely murdered b/c they didn't agree with my opinion on my equipment.  I was not looking for approval from any of them, I was simply responding to the OP.  I only spoke of what I'm running and did not say anything about any other equipment.  I have read many posts here and have never seen anyone attacked based on their opinion.  I'm done with that other forum.  I hope all of you are having a great day and be safe out there.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: CVOharley rocks!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 06:54:45 PM »

Everyone here is so positive and helpful and I really appreciate it!

I'm not.  I'm an asshole.  Mikeytee said so (so it must be true).  Also, I like oil threads.

Aside from that, yeah, this is a good little corner of the net.  You going to Arkansas in June with the other 125+ of us that'll be there?

I would love to go to Arkansas for the party.  But I can't.  Got blackballed.  At the last Gathering there I tried to talk about oil threads... :bigcry:

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 07:02:34 PM »

Won't be going to Arkansas this year.  I get 1 week a year away from the family to ride solo and I always spend it with my Dad and friends in the Smokies but I am very interested in the riding in Arkansas in case we get tired of the Smokies...so how is it?  Oil huh? Well at least it's not audio, way more opinions and variables.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 07:05:31 PM »

Won't be going to Arkansas this year.  I get 1 week a year away from the family to ride solo and I always spend it with my Dad and friends in the Smokies but I am very interested in the riding in Arkansas in case we get tired of the Smokies...so how is it?  Oil huh? Well at least it's not audio, way more opinions and variables.

Northern Arkansas really is great riding territory.  Not heralded in the magazines and reviews as much as other areas but it really is good riding country.  If your week often gets you to the Smoky Mountains find the thread(s) on the site Gathering that happens at Maggie Valley, NC every year.  Another large group of folks from this site getting together in a nice riding area for no other purpose than to hang out, tell lies, ride together, and not talk about oil threads.

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 07:10:18 PM »

That is about my speed right there.   Based on my experience with the other forum...you could tell me you are running liquified cat crap for oil and I would just commend you on trying something new.  Headed to the Smokies on May 8 but will consider moving my week for 2018.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 07:52:52 PM »

That is about my speed right there.   Based on my experience with the other forum...you could tell me you are running liquified cat crap for oil and I would just commend you on trying something new.  Headed to the Smokies on May 8 but will consider moving my week for 2018.

Oh my gawd, pretty sure that is a thread (perhaps the only thread) we've never had here before!   :huepfenlol2:

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 08:00:46 PM »

Haha! So should we start one?

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 09:42:36 PM »

Silly man, everyone knows that stuff goes in the primary.....

Back to your original point. Yeah, we have a pretty good bunch of folks around here.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 12:33:43 PM »

Yep, A Great Forum  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
All the folks that I have met through The CVO Forum have been better than Great!!
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 12:41:03 PM »

Hey Heatwave, still waiting on you to come through North Alabama so I can put you on some good BBQ. 

No doubt buncha good folks.  I met 2005CVO a few weeks back and he is a cool dude, we supposed to go ride when all this pollen is gone.

bigC

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE gone
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHXSE sold
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 10:23:08 PM »

SIKBIRD, what area do you stay while you are in the Smokies? I have a group that will be down there that week also. We stay in Robbinsville at the Iron Horse Lodge, and will be there 5/10-5/14.
Maggie Valley 2016     MITM ES 2017   WV GTG 2018 
Maggie valley 2017     MITM ES 2018   WV GTG 2021
Maggie Valley 2018     MITM ES 2019   OH GTG 2022
Maggie Valley 2019
Maggie Valley 2022
Maggie Valley 2023

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2017, 11:52:27 PM »

I tried the liquified cat crap in my primary and reduced the clunking noise and also a few riding buddies. I have since gone back to honey and bourbon. Oh wait the honey and bourbon are for my cough. Oil, yeh oil in the primary.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 06:29:18 AM »

SIKBIRD, what area do you stay while you are in the Smokies? I have a group that will be down there that week also. We stay in Robbinsville at the Iron Horse Lodge, and will be there 5/10-5/14.

BigC, we always rent this big cabin over in Townsend, 5/8-5/13.  Let me know what rides you have planned and on which days.

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 06:45:25 AM »

I tried the liquified cat crap in my primary and reduced the clunking noise and also a few riding buddies. I have since gone back to honey and bourbon. Oh wait the honey and bourbon are for my cough. Oil, yeh oil in the primary.
Mike
 :drink:

I bet it gets rough on the olfactory glands when it heats up!

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 11:52:04 AM »

Hey Heatwave, still waiting on you to come through North Alabama so I can put you on some good BBQ. 

No doubt buncha good folks.  I met 2005CVO a few weeks back and he is a cool dude, we supposed to go ride when all this pollen is gone.

Definitely :2vrolijk_21: on the way to the NMITM in late May early June, if not before then :2vrolijk_21: I loves me some Good "Q"...
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.444 seconds with 22 queries.