Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FOBO Users...............I need some help with a Samsung smart phone glitch  (Read 1022 times)

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member

>:(

OK,  those of you whom use FOBO,  recognize it as an electronic (bluetooth) way to monitor the air in your tires.  I've had my setup for a year plus.  Somehow, a few months back,  I must have made some change to my phone and caused my FOBO app to not display my bike tire info as normal.

So,  I re-did what I thought was necessary to get it all back working again.  and I had success, as I now can monitor my tire pressures as before.

However,  somehow and someway...................I have ended up with the FOBO (icon) showing up on ALL PAGES OF MY PHONE. :nixweiss:

I can still click on the FOBO (normal icon) and get the info I want...............however,  this (EXTRA ICON FOR FOBO) still resides on each and every page of my smart phone.  I cannot drag it to the trash,  I can move it left or right and/or up and down...........but cannot get rid of it.

I went to my local Verizon store as my smart phone uses Verizon.  The lead guy there could not figure out how to eliminate it and suggested I contact the FOBO site.   I have not yet done that,  but it will be my next attempt if none of you have the answer as to how to get rid of it. :-\

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

Delete (uninstall to completely remove) the app and reinstall it.  Quicker than digging for whatever weird glitch (that you may not ever find anyway).

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member

:-\

OK,  I gotta bump my own post here.  I did un-install the FOBO app and then reinstall.  That did the trick to eliminate the little icon showing up on all pages.

However,  I have other FOBO problems and need to know if anyone else has them.  FOBO worked for me with no glitches for quite some time.  But now I have the following problem.

Every 12-15 minutes,  my phone vibrates 4-5 times and when checking the screen,  it has two messages.  First one says FOBO is running......  Second one says FOBO needs to have bluetooth turned on............

First of all,  I do NOT need to know/hear that FOBO is indeed running (especially when I'm in my living room and no where near the bike).  Number two,  my blue tooth is constantly ON.  So why the message to please turn it on?????????

My contact with the rep at FOBO in Mylasia (sp) can't seem to figure out the problem(s).   Anyone else have these issues. :nixweiss:

ultrarider123

I do use FOBO bike but normally at the start of each ride and maybe during the ride depending on how long.  I turn on Bluetooth and location services before starting the app, check my pressures and adjust as necessary.  Once it's all checked and I've done a visual on the tires, I turn the app off (along with Bluetooth and location).  All of that takes a toll on the phone battery during the day/ride.  The FOBO app is a bit annoying if you do turn off the Bluetooth and location services for the phone.  It WILL let you know it can't "talk" to the tire monitors.  That's another reason I only use the app when I want to check pressures and don't keep it running.  I don't have to know the pressure while I'm in the saddle riding down the road (another distraction).  If something feels wrong, I pull over and check. 
You can force stop an app by clearing them.  That works for the FOBO on my LG V10.  Each phone is different but on the Androids, the "square" icon at the bottom of the screen pulls up all the open apps and you can clear one or use the "clear all" at the bottom.  This helps with battery life on the phone by closing down screens/apps running in the background you might not know are still open.  On the iPhone, you double tap the home button and it pulls up all the open, running pages/apps.  You can swipe each one to close.

Sorry this turned into cell phone 101.  I'm spouting off things you may already know.  If so, sorry about that.

The FOBO product is great in both the pressure monitors and phone app (even when it's annoying... :) ).  I do wish there was a way to upgrade our 2015's to the 2016's MoCo pressure monitor with display through the infotainment system but until that's available, I'll stick with FOBO.

As for the glitch with the icon on every page, I've not had that issue.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 07:43:53 AM by Haird »

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC

OK,  I gotta bump my own post here.  I did un-install the FOBO app and then reinstall.  That did the trick to eliminate the little icon showing up on all pages.

However,  I have other FOBO problems and need to know if anyone else has them.  FOBO worked for me with no glitches for quite some time.  But now I have the following problem.

Every 12-15 minutes,  my phone vibrates 4-5 times and when checking the screen,  it has two messages.  First one says FOBO is running......  Second one says FOBO needs to have bluetooth turned on............

First of all,  I do NOT need to know/hear that FOBO is indeed running (especially when I'm in my living room and no where near the bike).  Number two,  my blue tooth is constantly ON.  So why the message to please turn it on?????????

My contact with the rep at FOBO in Mylasia (sp) can't seem to figure out the problem(s).   Anyone else have these issues. :nixweiss:

I have used  Fobo for a couple of years.  You may wish to disable certain alerts.  Only alert I get is when pressure too high or too low
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

Sounds like you've got many (if not every possible) alert turned on.  That'll cause a lot more monitoring and will also drain battery life a bit.  Go in to settings and turn off everything you don't want annoying you.

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.