Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: XM package deal for a rust belt member  (Read 1201 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
XM package deal for a rust belt member
« on: May 01, 2017, 09:48:55 PM »

I've been getting 4-5 emails a week, 3-4 phone calls a week (ignoring them after I knew who was calling from the 877 number) about this promotion or that one. Was emptying garbage out of the work van today and my phone rang. Had my earpiece in and answered it as the phone was in the front of the van. It was Sirius XM calling (again). Long story short, I got the radio turned on for $30 for 6 months and also added the traffic and weather for another $5.98 a month. Total with taxes and fees is $74.54. I can live with that. Bike will get put away the around Thanksgiving so all my travels this summer should be good with the extra goodies. Just have to cancel it before Nov 1.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: XM package deal for a rust belt member
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 12:33:03 PM »

I just swapped out our '16 GMC Terrain Denali that I was driving with the wife and her '04 Nissan Murano.  The plan was that I would drive it for a couple years and then swap over to a low mileage new/used truck and finish out my working days until I hit 70.  By the way, that's only 31 months away, but who's counting...

So now that I have the Murano that's 13 years old but only 104k miles, it does not have all the gadgets that I've become accustomed to.

So a few weeks ago in installed a new Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX head unit.  This thing is BT, HD radio, CD/DVD, NAV, USB, SD card, backup camera with night vision and I bought the XM 300 tuner and antenna.  To do this I had to replace the center front dash assembly with all of the heater/AC controls along with all of the special buttons for trip, econo, settings etc.  Metra is the only company making this stuff and that set me back just over $200.  But then I had to do the interface between the steering wheel and radio so I could control the new Pioneer with the original steering wheel buttons.  That worked out great in the end.  The Murano has Bose so it's not just a simple install because of all the Bose amp chit.  I finally got it all tuned in with the Bose and this car has NEVER sounded so good.  Surprising what a little new head can do for a guy... :) Don't get me wrong, the old head was great, but the new head is even better!  But I guess no head at all would suck.  I mean no radio would suck...

I've had XM for the past 6 or 7 years in my vehicles, but this one now only has channel 1 preview station.

While on my way up to Des Moines a couple weekends ago the grand daughter's BD party, we were listening to XM preview channel and they kept touting their $50 full access for 6 months.  I think to get the premier XM that gives me the traffic and weather alerts in the GMC it goes for just under $200/yr.  I also have the Internet option and stream XM at work all day.

I've been thinking about letting my subscription expire and see that they come back with for deals.  How long should I hold out before I know they're at their bottom dollar?

If this $30 deal is with the channels, I don't need the traffic stuff with the Pioneer.  The Pioneer also has Apple Carplay and for traffic info, I just plug in my iPhone and I'm good to go.

Enjoy your XM for the summer...  :2vrolijk_21:
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 01:38:30 PM »

I had XM Radio on several vehicles a while back, I would call to cancel different vehicles for different reasons,  XM was very good about continuing to Bill me on vehicles that I didn't own any more, in a few instances after calling to cancel 3 times, they were still billing me!! I dropped XM like a bad habit and told them that the next call would be from an attorney if they continued to Bill me...
So when you go to cancel pay attention to your credit card!
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 02:34:04 PM »

I could never talk to anyone that didn't have a Phillinipo accent when I call Serious XM   :soapbox: Although they all had American names!!!

BostonBoy

WTF Chuck

• IBA 74296
  • 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2022 Screamin Eagle Road Glide Limited
    • Muck Cross Weather
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 03:37:37 PM »

Turned it back on today 6 months
Select with traffic and weather $31.98 all in taxes and fees.

Fullsac DX Pipe  2" cores and screens
Dynojet  Power  Vision  Tuner
KST's
HARLEY 28 SPOKE CHROME WHEELS
Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz Magic Strobe-LTP
WHAT' S Next
Darkside
Ecsta PA31
195/60/16

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 03:48:09 PM »

I get that promotion every year and I can cancel anytime before that and get money back.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 04:06:16 PM »

I have had XM since 04 without interruption. Have paid a different amount almost every year if memory serves me right. You HAVE to remember to call and update prior to end of your subscription is the only thing, I have never cancelled it, have told them I was going to a couple times but in the last ten years I just ask for the latest promotion and remind them I am a long time subscriber and they always offer something. Right now I am paying $94.74 total for the year on the three vehicles ($31.58 ea) plus $38.52 for weather and traffic on the bike. Not cheap but worth it to us, especially in the fall with NCAA and NFL on the weekends.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 08:56:53 PM »

I have had XM since 04 without interruption. Have paid a different amount almost every year if memory serves me right. You HAVE to remember to call and update prior to end of your subscription is the only thing, I have never cancelled it, have told them I was going to a couple times but in the last ten years I just ask for the latest promotion and remind them I am a long time subscriber and they always offer something. Right now I am paying $94.74 total for the year on the three vehicles ($31.58 ea) plus $38.52 for weather and traffic on the bike. Not cheap but worth it to us, especially in the fall with NCAA and NFL on the weekends.
$95 covers all three for the year plus the T&W on the bike? I'd say that's a great deal. If I could ride year round, I'd probably try to get into something like that too.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 22 queries.