Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Springers no more????  (Read 8795 times)

blowncobra

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Blue
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Street Glide Orange Lava
Springers no more????
« on: April 06, 2007, 10:01:30 AM »

Attended a local HOG meeting last night and was told by the guest a Harley Factory Rep that next year Harley is dropping 8 bikes from the line up, the springer, custom roadking, 883 sportster,softail heritage custom??? and a few others, glad i have my springer! Any one else heard this?
THE WHOLE WORLD NEEDS A DRINK

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Springers no more????
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 10:14:10 AM »

Attended a local HOG meeting last night and was told by the guest a Harley Factory Rep that next year Harley is dropping 8 bikes from the line up, the springer, custom roadking, 883 sportster,softail heritage custom??? and a few others, glad i have my springer! Any one else heard this?

Some thinning down of the very redundant model lines has seemed warranted for awhile now.  So it wouldn't surprise me.  I actually like the Road King Custom but, for example, two variations of a leather bagged Road King really doens't allow for much differentiation between the models.  It always seemed like the SE Springer was perhaps an attempt to boost sales on a waning model too.  Since the stock model's sales haven't changed much the demise of the Springer wouldn't surprise me greatly either.  But, just like the "what's coming next year" speculation; it's all just speculation until the model line ups are actually released.  I'll go out on a limb and say that next year's model will drop the Screamin' Eagle Servicar.

Tros

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 05:40:21 PM »

I've heard rumors of the Springer models demise for a few years now.   That was one of the reasons I got my '07 FLSTSC.   

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 09:40:00 PM »

Some thinning down of the very redundant model lines has seemed warranted for awhile now.  So it wouldn't surprise me.  I actually like the Road King Custom but, for example, two variations of a leather bagged Road King really doesn't allow for much differentiation between the models.  It always seemed like the SE Springer was perhaps an attempt to boost sales on a waning model too.  Since the stock model's sales haven't changed much the demise of the Springer wouldn't surprise me greatly either.  But, just like the "what's coming next year" speculation; it's all just speculation until the model line ups are actually released.  I'll go out on a limb and say that next year's model will drop the Screamin' Eagle Servicar.

Yep, we're absolutely thinking that we need to drop these models, it's kind of hush hush but since you HOG guys are family I'll let you know so if any of your buddies really wanted one of these, best get one now.  Mmmmm, they've reduced production, they have model proliferation, maybe they could stir some interest if they floated the rumor they're dropping some models.

Now I'm sure it may happen but why would you tell the world you're dropping a model?  That usually makes it harder to sell.  As hush hush as these guys are about stuff, it just has a stinky odor to me, call me cynical I guess.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 10:10:47 AM by Rjob749 »

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 03:44:28 PM »

I guess that I'd be surprised that the MOCO would be allowing any info out about models and changes.  I've heard from dealers about the secrecy regarding other model changes, releases, etc.  Why would they let a rep start spewing info about '08 models? 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 03:50:10 PM »

Now I'm sure it may happen but why would you tell the world you're dropping a model?  That usually makes it harder to sell.  As hush hush as these guys are about stuff, it just has a stinky odor to me, call me cynical I guess.

Ditto Rog.  Though for so many it seems too cool to apparently intuit from the runes of HDI what they're thinking or doing and claiming it as sourced.  I'm still going with the SE Servicar as the standard response to all rumors coming from HD on any topic.

Where's the restroom in the new dealership?  It's in the SE Servicar. 

What's good to eat at the deli at the new museum when it's built.  It'll be the SE Servicar. 

What will the ?? model year include?  The SE Servicar.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 03:52:44 PM »

Ditto Rog.  Though for so many it seems too cool to apparently intuit from the runes of HDI what they're thinking or doing and claiming it as sourced.  I'm still going with the SE Servicar as the standard response to all rumors coming from HD on any topic.

What's good to eat at the deli at the new museum when it's built.  It'll be the SE Servicar. 

I'm convinced........but I lie :2vrolijk_21:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 09:16:41 AM »

Don you may be correct, the MoCo just released some shots of a 2008 Servicar they intend to launch soon.

Tros

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 08:49:05 PM »

I wonder how long it took him to realize the right front tire on the cart it flat. :D

He does get points for innovative use of a scooter.

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 02:18:04 AM »

:zwtf: Sadddd but true they are cutting much of their product line.  The Springer is among them.  I am overseas military and the dealers here have released a projection for the 2008 product year from the MoCo.  I think something as unique as the Springer will be brought back as a special edition whether it is a SE/CVO or not in the future.  Many of the customs these days are adding springer front ends, but it is cyclical.  We shall see.  I have always admired the Springer as my favorite HD.  It is the most unique looking bike of all Harleys, IMHO.  There is no metric that quite looks like it without some MAJOR mods.  We may quibble that HDs have a look all to themselves...but the metrics have been copying them since their popularity has risen.   :soapbox:  My guess is that the Springer like the Phoenix will rise again...some day...but until then mine will increase in VALUE...WOOOOOHHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smilie_staub: :xyxthumbs:

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2007, 10:42:59 AM »

Don't want to see'em go! The unique look has to stick around, and for all those who prefer the springer, I doubt they want to have to go "custom" just for the look.  :soapbox:

RPOZ51

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE - Abyss Blue
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 02:30:05 PM »

I don't like to spread rumors - but - I read on another board that the FX Springer is just being moved to the CVO lineup for this year and next. After that, the guy says the Motor Company will likely bring it back into the regular lineup with cosmetic changes.  He mentioned the the old Bad Boy.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 04:47:02 PM »

Don you may be correct, the MoCo just released some shots of a 2008 Servicar they intend to launch soon.

What is a servicar, do you mean sidecar?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 06:34:16 PM »

What is a servicar, do you mean sidecar?

Servicar was Harley's "work truck."  A precursor to the trike.  Here's a 1950 model in cop configuration.

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 10:58:33 PM »

REPOZ,
I have a hard time believing that they will carry over the SE version of the springer.  Baggers rule the CVO arena, so I could believe that they would hold over one of those.  Many on this site have replied that the only CVOs in dealerships are the Springers.  I do believe that they will bring it back at a later date...just to unique and beautiful of a bike. 

Regarding rumors...I prefer to call it speculation which is half the fun of a blog.  Talking all kinds of crap that only us have cares/feelings about.  Information passing is the best but speculation and a little fun filled smack talking never hurt either. ;) 8) :P :huepfenjump3:

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.