Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: AUDIO SYSTEM  (Read 3323 times)

2uece

• LET'S ROLL
AUDIO SYSTEM
« on: December 13, 2004, 10:32:35 PM »

Is anyone else having a "cracking and popping" in their speakers?  I took the front faring off and looked for something loose or just not right. I checked all the grounds I could find and am now at a loss... [smiley=furious.gif]. Looking for the audio buff to come to my rescue.
thanks
05' FLHTCSE2
01' DUECE

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: AUDIO SYSTEM
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 08:49:57 AM »

Have you figured out what the problem was yet?
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

onevtwinlover

• Junior CVO Member
  • It's all about the ride
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 09:07:55 AM »

No problems yet, but I always wondered just how weatherproof the whole system is. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

h82lose

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 12:11:43 PM »

has anyone had their stock audio system loose the sound going down the road and then come back on, then go back out for 2-3 miles then come back on for 3-4 miles and so on and so on. if so what do you do to fix as this started last night on my way back from LA. state hog rally. the bike is my 05 seeg. thanks for any help. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
'08 orange springer, '05 teal seeg-10/23/04,  '79 flh classic,  '05 jag S type R- british racing GREEN

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 11:03:31 PM »

has anyone had their stock audio system loose the sound going down the road and then come back on, then go back out for 2-3 miles then come back on for 3-4 miles and so on and so on. if so what do you do to fix as this started last night on my way back from LA. state hog rally. the bike is my 05 seeg. thanks for any help. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Just got home from Yosemite Nat'l. Park.  AK and I rode up for the weekend.  Ran into Kingsalmon (another member of this site) and his wife up in Yosemite.  Nice guy!

Anyway, I had a similar experience with my stereo today.  Cruising along, with the CD playing and all of a sudden........nothing.  I cranked the volume up all the way and I could barely hear it playing with kind of a tinney sound.  My guess is that the internal amplifier went out.  It's the same with the CD player and the radio.  It sounds like it's playing clearly, just not any volume to it.

Any of you got any other ides of what it might be?  Kind of strange considering that I just installed my Hog Tunes speakers last Thurs.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

h2oski

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 10:13:01 AM »

JCZ,
Last night my stereo did the same thing.  I had my Ipod wired into the aux port and all of a sudden I couldn't here the stereo.  I installed the Hog Tunes over the weekend so I am wondering if that has something to do with it.  Did you figure out what was wrong with your stereo?  Do you have the Hog Tunes speakers in your bike?

h2oski

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 11:22:50 AM »

JCZ,
Last night my stereo did the same thing.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2005, 11:30:19 AM »

I had just installed the Hog Tunes last week.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2005, 11:39:46 AM »

JC I bet if you sent Pez an email he would help you out. He has been very helpful with everything else. The email listed on the site is info@hogtunes.com. Please post any response from Pez as I also have his speakers installed.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 11:40:57 AM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

h2oski

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2005, 12:01:49 PM »

I just figured out what was wrong with the stereo.  I blew both Hog Tunes Speakers.  I reinstalled the stock speakers and the system works fine.  I am going to contact PEZ to see if I can get another set.  Maybe there was some kind of manufacturing defect in these speakers.  Based on the back of the speaker it should have no problem handling our stereos output.  I think we have a 70 watt amp which means 35 watts per channel (per speaker) and these speaker have a RMS rating of 45 watts and a 90 watt peak rating.  So even if the stereo is at its max output these speakers should be able to handle it.  I will let you know if I here anything from PEZ.

h2oski

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2005, 12:06:16 PM »

I just figured out what was wrong with the stereo.

h2oski

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005, 12:18:30 PM »

I just got an email from PEZ, he really runs a class buisness.  He assured me there are no compatibility issues with any H-D stereo.  He thought it may have been damaged in shipping.  I will let him tell the details.  I can just say that I am impressed with the immediate feedback and resolution.  I will definetly recommend these speakers to everyone that I know who has an Electraglide.

h20ski

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2005, 12:37:22 PM »

I did too.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 12:38:22 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2005, 12:48:13 PM »

I'm in the same boat with one of my two speakers...PEZ wants to send a new one.

Asked whether mine had mouse/tabs or rounded...I believe rounded like stock.

Dam I hate those two lower fairing screws between the forks.

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

pezsez

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2005, 01:20:03 PM »

Hey Guys--Pez Here

First off, I would like to apologize for issues, and assure you Hogtunes will do the right thing!

I believe the issue is as simple as a packaging issue. The current speaker is now 1/4" deeper than the original, but the package stayed the same. If the speaker gets dropped in shipping, and the large magnet "shifts" the speaker will have an issue due to extremely tight internal tolerances of a quality speaker. I do NOT believe the speakers are "blowing" . Left and Right side of the Moco radio will shut down into "protection mode" even though only one speaker has an issue.

I Believe the ticking is the radio coming out of protection to see if the problem has gone away--then immediatley going back to protection

What I will offer is a full refund, or at my expense 2 business day air replacement pairs. As I said in an email to one CVO-er--Im alot of things, but NOT a roach!

From this moment on, no more single pairs of speakers will leave with out the box being bubble wrapped.

I sincerley hope this appeases any of you with issues, and once again apologize for this inconvenience. Please email me direct at info@hogtunes.com if you need help.

Cheers--PEZ

If the whole world was smart, us guys with half a brain would be in real trouble!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2005, 01:24:46 PM »

Thanks a bunch Pez........we appreciate it.  I was not happy about it but not for a second did I think you're a "roach" [smiley=nervous.gif]  Anyway, I'm happy for the action that you're taking with me and like I said in earlier posts, these speakers are far superior to the stock SEEG speakers. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

West Coast GTG   

h2oski

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2005, 02:01:04 PM »

I agree with JCZ.  When I reinstalled the stock speakers today I was amazed at how crappy they sounded compared to the Hog Tunes.  PEZ really stepped up and made things right.  It is nice to see a company that really stands behind there parts when there is an issue.  

h2oski

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2005, 09:01:30 PM »

I haven't yet ordered my Hog Tunes.  But, by what I've been reading in the threads, That's what I'm going to end up doing.  I waiting to hear what the sound system sounds like.   Anyways I just wanted to say that Pez sounds like a stand up guy with a great product and business.  Great to hear everyone is getting their problems taken care of.  Wish more business backed their products like Pez does.  I'm in.  Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

lugnut

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2005, 09:23:48 PM »

I believe the issue is as simple as a packaging issue. The current speaker is now 1/4" deeper than the original, but the package stayed the same.

? When did we start shipping the current speaker. I got mine Feb. 23
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 09:28:43 PM by lugnut57 »

pezsez

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2005, 10:01:57 PM »

Hey Lugnut---the "new ones" arrived mid march--performance is the same--the only difference besides the extra 1/4' of depth is that the basket (frame) is now a clone of the HD speaker---no more dremeling EVER required!

The change came when I found out HD changed rear pods on Ultras, and that I would have to have a dedicated speaker for the rears--which are literally being glued together as Im typing this--just got off the phone from overseas

Anyways---the frame I use fits exact, and even though I never had to dremel, had to make this change.

As a company, we feel we have the best motorcycle speaker out there, and will constantly do refinements to make them as user friendly as possible

Hope this helps!

PEZ
If the whole world was smart, us guys with half a brain would be in real trouble!

lugnut

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2005, 10:15:05 PM »

Thanks. As I posted before I love your product. Great sound. I didn't have to dremel mine either.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2005, 01:12:02 AM »

Hey Lugnut---the "new ones" arrived mid march--performance is the same--the only difference besides the extra 1/4' of depth is that the basket (frame) is now a clone of the HD speaker---no more dremeling EVER required!

The change came when I found out HD changed rear pods on Ultras, and that I would have to have a dedicated speaker for the rears--which are literally being glued together as Im typing this--just got off the phone from overseas

Anyways---the frame I use fits exact, and even though I never had to dremel, had to make this change.

As a company, we feel we have the best motorcycle speaker out there, and will constantly do refinements to make them as user friendly as possible

Hope this helps!

PEZ

So I missed not having to take a Dremel to the plastic pieces by a few weeks.  Bummer  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] .  Doesn't matter though; they sound good anyway.

By the way Pez, since a few folks have now suddenly had some kind of problem it makes me realize I have no idea what the warranty term is.  How long are these speakers warranted?

pezsez

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2005, 02:59:11 PM »

Hey There

IMHO, I know this sounds not so good, but if you have a set that works, you will be OK--no damage from shipping. Other than 1 (of over 300) I have had zero failure in field, after they have been installed for a while-

To answer your question--20 years---I couldnt do lifetime, cause I couldnt figure out whos lifetime to put in the warranty verbage  [smiley=laugh.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2005, 04:42:11 PM »

Hey There

IMHO, I know this sounds not so good, but if you have a set that works, you will be OK--no damage from shipping. Other than 1 (of over 300) I have had zero failure in field, after they have been installed for a while-

To answer your question--20 years---I couldnt do lifetime, cause I couldnt figure out whos lifetime to put in the warranty verbage
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 04:42:49 PM by twolanerider »

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2005, 09:08:05 PM »

Just got my Replacements delivered to my door @ 11:32 this morning...of course I was @ work so there they waited.  Got home @ 5:45 this evening, had the new ones installed in 30 minutes...and I did the stud change to the lower fairing screws.

one word...

WOW!

no cutting out and , I can't explain it, but they seem even louder than the first set!  At about 3/4 volume I could not even hear my tone-deaf self singin' along.  Good Job PEZ!

Now to return the old ones...BTW, I forgot to mark the one that kept causing the radio to cut out...sorry!   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

/Bill

« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 09:08:34 PM by WFP »
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

pezsez

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2005, 12:37:40 PM »

WFP

Glad to hear you are happy! Please dont worry about sending the first set back. I have already written them off. If you have a neighbour you dont like--place one on his TV, and let the magnets "FIX" his colour!

Cheers--PEZ
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.