Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Stephanie  (Read 15625 times)

REGGAB

Re: Stephanie
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2007, 03:26:37 PM »

Henry, give Steph and Renea big hugs from me.  I've only met Steph the one time, but I could tell that she's a trooper.

I still want Renea to teach me how to quilt before I get too old and arthritic to do so.   :P   ;D 

Keep us posted on Steph's progress.

Suzanne

Consider it done, Suzanne.  Thank you.  If you can get Terry to bring you up to our house for a weekend, you could sit with Renea, since she is currently working on another quilt.  We have plenty of space for you, Terry, Shug, and Nell.  You're welcome anytime.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2007, 03:26:50 PM »

Henry,
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Stephanie and your family.  She's had to endure more in her rather short life then anyone should in their whole lifetime.  She sounds like a strong young woman and setting the goal of the prom and graduation is super...something for her to strive for and obtain.  I know that all of this has had to be hard on your family as a whole...it takes very strong people to deal with and maintain what you've had to go through.  God bless you all and God's speed to Stephanie for a speedy and complete recovery.

Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

REGGAB

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2007, 03:31:12 PM »

Henry,
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Stephanie and your family.  She's had to endure more in her rather short life then anyone should in their whole lifetime.  She sounds like a strong young woman and setting the goal of the prom and graduation is super...something for her to strive for and obtain.  I know that all of this has had to be hard on your family as a whole...it takes very strong people to deal with and maintain what you've had to go through.  God bless you all and God's speed to Stephanie for a speedy and complete recovery.

Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

Thank you very much Red.  You're a Great Bro, and we very much appreciate your well wishes.  We're definitely going to be there to help her in every possible way to achieve her goal of going to her senior prom and walking across that stage to receive her diploma.............and you can bet your next paycheck that her ol' man is going to be crying like a baby.......and I'm not one bit ashamed to admit it.  Thanks again, Brother.

REGGAB

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2007, 11:43:36 PM »

Each day Stef has the Exfix, she has to spend 16 hours in a constant passive motion machine, which articulates her left leg from -10 degrees extension to 70 degrees flexion.  He orthopod also has us pushing her leg up to 90 degrees flexion manually since the CPM won't go that high.  I just took her off the CPM and worked her leg to 90 degrees.  It is amazing how well she is doing.  She is having some referred pain in her knee and ankle, but it passes with NSAIDs.  She refuses to take anything narcotic anymore.  We keep it around for breakthrough pain, but it has mostly gone unused, and is going to be flushed soon.  She's getting ready for bed now.  Once she gets in bed, I have to install the lock bar which completely locks her hip and keeps her body perfectly straight.  It is so cool to see her doing this well.  I really love that Girl.  She gets whiney every now and then, but for the most part, she is as solid as a rock................and we she does whine, it is because she wants to get out of the house, go to the mall and be a normal 17 year old young lady.  We take her to the mall............but..........you guys have seen the Exfix.  She has to have her lower body wrapped in a sheet, or she wears those oversized sport pants that button up each side.  Still this thing beats the heck out of that spica cast she was in after the initial break in 2004.  July can't get here fast enough for her.  I think its time to check on her and hit the rack myself.  G'night!

REGGAB

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2007, 12:16:24 PM »

Good morning Folks!  Renea got Stef out of the house this morning to go do "Girl Stuff," whatever that is.  Anyway, they got back a few minutes ago, and I had not long earlier finished the first Glare coat on the scoot, so it was sitting in the sun in preparation for the second coat.  I took this picture of Stef a few minutes ago, and I thought I'd share it with you.  This is my little Girl.............even though she is quite the remarkable, strong, and very intelligent young lady.  So I'm a VERY proud Daddy!  Don't worry sweetie..........we'll be riding the Dragon before the summer is over.  Yep, she's wearing a Deal's Gap T-shirt.

REGGAB

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2007, 12:28:01 PM »

And no photo shoot would be complete without a picture of the LOVE of my life, the Mother of my Daughter.  This is my lovely Bride, Renea.  HOT HOT HOT!!!!

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2007, 01:25:59 PM »

Henry,

Thanks for letting everybody know about your beautiful daughter. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. I know she’ll walk down to get her diploma, she has family and friends around her to help her stay strong.

I had come close to losing my son when he was only 20 hours old, now 18, and reading through all the posts reminded me again how lucky I’ve been and how scared I was when I was going through those times.

I wish there was something I could share with you and your family, some worldly thoughts of inspiration, I can say that your post has touched all of us and you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Ed
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

srqseeg

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2007, 01:40:02 PM »

REGGAB ,

Thanks for your service and sharing Stephanie's story!  What a brave young lady!!

If you think it would help, my son offers your daughter a free sensory aid.  He played professional baseball and invented a weighted sensory aid to reduce arm injuries.  Quite accidently, found it helps people with all sorts of sensory disorders and neurological issues.  Being used for balance, calming, awareness, etc.  Just let me know which size and address and will get you one.  God Bless you and your whole family!  The site to visit to learn more is www.sensorybelt.com
 ;)

REGGAB

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2007, 02:36:11 PM »

Henry,

Thanks for letting everybody know about your beautiful daughter. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. I know she’ll walk down to get her diploma, she has family and friends around her to help her stay strong.

I had come close to losing my son when he was only 20 hours old, now 18, and reading through all the posts reminded me again how lucky I’ve been and how scared I was when I was going through those times.

I wish there was something I could share with you and your family, some worldly thoughts of inspiration, I can say that your post has touched all of us and you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Ed

Thank you very much, Ed!  Hey, BTW, where did you find that picture of me as a little boy to use as your avatar?  :D ;D ;) 8)  Anyway, Ed words mean more than you know, and are certainly welcome encouragement for Stef and all of us.  We very much appreciate your thoughts.  We're blessed to have fine folks like you keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.  You've touched us all...........especially Stef.  Thanks. 8)

REGGAB

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2007, 02:40:36 PM »

REGGAB ,

Thanks for your service and sharing Stephanie's story!  What a brave young lady!!

If you think it would help, my son offers your daughter a free sensory aid.  He played professional baseball and invented a weighted sensory aid to reduce arm injuries.  Quite accidently, found it helps people with all sorts of sensory disorders and neurological issues.  Being used for balance, calming, awareness, etc.  Just let me know which size and address and will get you one.  God Bless you and your whole family!  The site to visit to learn more is www.sensorybelt.com
 ;)

Thanks for your kind words, seeg.  We very much appreciate your keeping Stef in your thoughts and prayers.  Soldiers, even us old retired Soldiers appreciate knowing our country appreciates us and our service to our Great and Wonderful Nation.
I'll research this device and inquire about it with her neurosurgeon at UAB Children's Hospital.  Upon his verticle head nod, I'll be in touch.  Thank you very much for the offer.

srqseeg

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2007, 03:41:11 PM »

Just let me know and all the best!

REGGAB

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2007, 04:40:44 PM »

Just let me know and all the best!
WILCO.

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2007, 05:02:40 PM »

Great to see your daughter up and about and looking happy too. Hope you share many years of joy together with your family.

:)

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Tommy2Tall

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2007, 05:50:03 PM »

Hey REGGAB, I my self had a pretty hard teenage life.  At the age of 14 I was diagnosed with AVN (too lazy to spell it all out).  So I know what pain is involved with that, at the age of 24 (5 years ago) I had to have a full left hip replacement, and had to relearn to walk at the same time my nephew was learing.  So what that lead to too was many days of a train consisting of myself, my nephew, and my 16 yo Shih-tzu doing laps back and forth in the house.  To endure all your daughter has is remarkable, and I hope it only improves, if she ever wants anyone who as been through the same troubles and pains as herself tell her to drop me a line at uncbaboy@gmail.com.  I may not have neem through all she has but I have a good idea.  You and your family are in my families thoughts, good luck and good health.

Tommy
2007 CV0 Amarillo Gold and Candy Tangerine Springer
2000 Burgundy Heritage Softail Springer
1996 Black and Silver Sportster 1200C

REGGAB

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2007, 06:05:28 PM »

Great to see your daughter up and about and looking happy too. Hope you share many years of joy together with your family.

:)

Nige

Thank you very much, Nige, for your warm thoughts and wellwishes.  BTW, Hoist tells me you're a single malt man.  Stop by sometime.  I have a cabinet full of The Glenlivet 12, 15 French Oak, and 18, with which I'm sure I'll need help consuming! :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.