Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs  (Read 5701 times)

REGGAB

Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs
« on: June 01, 2007, 10:02:45 AM »

I don't believe I've ever seen a better explanation of our military/first responders.  Please read. Share it with the sheepdogs. Many of you do not need this explanation, especially those with sons or daughters in the military, or have been in the military and done your duty,  but there are some out there that certainly need it.

"This letter was written by Charles Grennel and his comrades who are  veterans of the Global War on Terror. Grennel is an Army Reservist who spent two years in Iraq and was a principal in putting together the first Iraq elections, January of 2005. It was written to Jill Edwards, a student at the University of Washington who did not want to honor Medal of Honor winner USMC Colonel Greg Boyington. Ms. Edwards and other students (and faculty) do not think those who serve in the U.S. armed services are good role models.

To: Edwards, Jill (student, UW)

Subject: Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs

Miss Edwards, I read of your "student activity" regarding the proposed  memorial to Col. Greg Boyington, USMC and a Medal of Honor winner. I  suspect you will receive a bellyful of angry e-mails from conservative folks like me. You may be too young to appreciate fully the sacrifices of  generations of servicemen and servicewomen on whose shoulders you and your fellow students stand. I forgive you for the untutored ways of youth and your naivete. It may be that you are, simply, a sheep. There's no dishonor in being a sheep - - as long as you know and accept what you are.

William J. Bennett, in a lecture to the United States Naval Academy November 24, 1997 said: "Most of the people in our society are sheep. They are kind, gentle, productive creatures who can only hurt one another by accident." We may well be in the most violent times in history, but violence is still remarkably rare. This is because most citizens are kind, decent people who are not capable of hurting each other, except by accident or under extreme provocation. They are sheep.

Then there are the wolves and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy. Do you believe there are wolves out there who will feed on the flock without mercy? You better believe it. There are evil men in this world and they are capable of evil deeds. The moment you forget that or pretend it is not so, you become a sheep. There is no safety in denial.

Then there are sheepdogs and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock  and confront the wolf. If you have no capacity for violence then you are a healthy productive citizen, a sheep. If you have a capacity for violence  and no empathy for your fellow citizens, then you have defined an aggressive sociopath, a wolf. But what if you have a capacity for violence, and a deep love for your fellow citizens? What do you have then? A sheepdog, a warrior, someone who is walking the unchartered path. Someone who can walk into the heart of darkness, into the universal human phobia, and walk out unscathed.

We know that the sheep live in denial; that is what makes them sheep. They do not want to believe that there is evil in the world. They can accept the fact that fires can happen, which is why they want fire extinguishers, fire sprinklers, fire alarms and fire exits throughout their kids' schools. But  many of them are outraged at the idea of putting an armed police officer in their kid's school. Our children are thousands of times more likely to be killed or seriously injured by school violence than fire, but the sheep's only response to the possibility of violence is denial. The idea of someone coming to kill or harm their child is just too hard, and so they chose the path of denial.

The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, can not and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheep dog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed. The world cannot work any other way, at least not in a representative democracy or a republic such as ours. Still, the sheepdog disturbs the sheep. He is a constant reminder that there are wolves in the land. They would prefer that he didn't tell them where to go, or give them traffic tickets, or stand at the ready in our airports, in camouflage fatigues, holding an M-16. The sheep would much rather have the sheepdog cash in his fangs, spray paint himself white, and go, "Baa." Until the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog.

The students, the victims, at Columbine High School were big, tough high school students, and under ordinary circumstances they would not have had the time of day for a police officer. They were not bad kids; they just had nothing to say to a cop. When the school was under attack, however, and SWAT teams were clearing the rooms and hallways, the officers had to physically peel those clinging, sobbing kids off of them.

This is how the little lambs feel about their sheepdog when the wolf is at  the door. Look at what happened after September 11, 2001 when the wolf pounded hard on the door. Remember how America more than ever before, felt differently about their law enforcement officers and military personnel? Understand that there is nothing morally superior about being a sheepdog; it is just what you choose to be. Also understand that a sheepdog is a funny critter. He is always sniffing around out on the perimeter, checking the breeze, barking at things that go bump in the night, and yearning for a righteous battle. That is, the young sheepdogs yearn for a righteous battle. The old sheepdogs are a little older and wiser, but they move to the sound of the guns when needed, right along with the young ones.  (continued in next post)

REGGAB

Re: Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 10:03:23 AM »

Here is how the sheep and the sheepdog think differently. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. After the attacks on September 11, 2001, most of the sheep, that is, most citizens in America said, "Thank God I wasn't on one of those planes." The sheepdogs, the warriors, said, "Dear God, I wish I could have been on one of those planes. Maybe I could have made a difference." You want to be able to make a difference. There is nothing morally superior about the sheepdog, the warrior, but he does have one real advantage. Only one. And that is that he is able to survive and thrive in an environment that destroys 98 percentof the population.

There was research conducted a few years ago with individuals convicted of violent crimes. These cons were in prison for serious, predatory crimes of violence: assaults, murders and killing law enforcement officers. The vast majority said that they specifically targeted victims by body language: slumped walk, passive behavior and lack of awareness. They chose their victims like big cats do in Africa, when they select one out of the herd that is least able to protect itself. Some people may be destined to be sheep and others might be genetically primed to be wolves or sheepdogs. But I believe that most people can choose which one they want to be, and I'm proud to say that more and more Americans are choosing to become sheepdogs.

Seven months after the attack on September 11, 2001, Todd Beamer was honored in his hometown of Cranbury, New Jersey. Todd, as you recall, was the man on Flight 93 over Pennsylvania who called on his cell phone to alert an operator from United Airlines about the hijacking. When they learned of the other three passenger planes that had been used as weapons, Todd and the other passengers confronted the terrorist hijackers. In one hour, a transformation occurred among the passengers - athletes, business people and parents -- from sheep to sheepdogs and together they fought the wolves, ultimately saving an unknown number of lives on the ground.

"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men." - Edmund Burke. Here is the point I like to emphasize,  especially to the thousands of police officers and soldiers I speak to each year. In nature the sheep, real sheep, are born as sheep. Sheepdogs are born that way, and so are wolves. They didn't have a choice. But you are not a critter. As a human being, you can be whatever you want to be. It is a conscious, moral decision. If you want to be a sheep, then you can be a sheep and that is okay, but you must understand the price you pay. When the wolf comes, you and your loved ones are going to die if there is not a sheepdog there to protect you. If you want to be a wolf, you can be one, but the sheepdogs are going to hunt you down and you will never have rest, safety, trust or love. But if you want to be a sheepdog and walk the warrior's path, then you must make a conscious and moral decision every day to dedicate, equip and prepare yourself to thrive in that toxic, corrosive moment when the wolf comes knocking at the door.

This business of being a sheep or a sheep dog is not a yes-no dichotomy. It is not an all-or-nothing, either-or choice. It is a matter of degrees, a continuum. On one end is an abject, head-in-the-sand-sheep and on the other end is the ultimate warrior. Few people exist completely on one end or the other. Most of us live somewhere in between.

Since 9-11 almost everyone in America took a step up that continuum, away from denial. The sheep took a few steps toward accepting and appreciating their warriors, and the warriors started taking their job more seriously. It is okay to be a sheep, but do not kick the sheep dog. Indeed, the sheep dog may just run a little harder, strive to protect a little better and be fully prepared to pay an ultimate price in battle and spirit with the sheep moving from "baa" to "thanks".

We do not call for gifts or freedoms beyond our lot. We just need a small  pat on the head, a smile and a thank you to fill the emotional tank which is drained protecting the sheep. And when our number is called by "The  Almighty", and day retreats into night, a small prayer before the heavens just may be in order to say thanks for letting you continue to be a sheep. And be grateful for the thousands - -millions - - of American sheepdogs who permit you the freedom to express even bad ideas.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 10:16:36 AM »

Excellent post Henry! I for one, would like to Saulte all the "Sheep-Dogs" of this Great Nation for looking out for, and protecting, all the "Sheep" in the herd!!! :2vrolijk_21: If not for them, we would not be here today and this country would probably not exist. We probably wouldn't even be free to choose to ride a CVO, if there were even motorcycles at all! Thank you all for protecting this Great Nation and our Freedoms!!! I Salute you all!!!

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 10:30:19 AM »

WOW...thanks for sharing that letter. It simplifies this complex world we live in. I sure hope Jill learned a thing or two.

As a military brat, I've always held a deep and grateful regard for the military. I have the utmost respect and admiration for the sheepdogs that protect our great country. A thank you hardly seems sufficient to express my gratitude. But Thank YOU to all our men and women who selflessly as sheepdogs herd our people together and keep the wolves off our backs.
I like shiny stuff!

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 10:44:14 AM »

Great post Henry.

Charles Grennel certainly has a way with words, he even wrote the piece in a way that the "sheep" would understand. I have never chosen to take the path of the sheepdog in either law enforcement or military matters, but I am and always will be eternally grateful to the people who undertake these tasks.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 12:31:45 PM »

Great post, Bagger-backwards.

I have read those words before and it is a pleasure to read them again.

In an ass kicking contest, it is better to be the ass kicker, than the ass kickee.

Some of these sheep figure its better to get kicked than kick someone else.  If they got their way, all that would be left of them is mutton.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

REGGAB

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 12:34:37 PM »

Great post, Bagger-backwards.

I have read those words before and it is a pleasure to read them again.

In an ass kicking contest, it is better to be the ass kicker, than the ass kickee.

Some of these sheep figure its better to get kicked than kick someone else.  If they got their way, all that would be left of them is mutton.

:ROFLOL:  Now that is some funny chit right there.  Very true, but funny nonetheless.  Glad you liked it, and it does put things into perspective.

REGGAB

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 12:35:36 PM »

Excellent post Henry! I for one, would like to Saulte all the "Sheep-Dogs" of this Great Nation for looking out for, and protecting, all the "Sheep" in the herd!!! :2vrolijk_21: If not for them, we would not be here today and this country would probably not exist. We probably wouldn't even be free to choose to ride a CVO, if there were even motorcycles at all! Thank you all for protecting this Great Nation and our Freedoms!!! I Salute you all!!!

Hoist! 8)

Thanks Howie!  It is one of my favorite pieces of prose.

REGGAB

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 12:38:25 PM »

WOW...thanks for sharing that letter. It simplifies this complex world we live in. I sure hope Jill learned a thing or two.

As a military brat, I've always held a deep and grateful regard for the military. I have the utmost respect and admiration for the sheepdogs that protect our great country. A thank you hardly seems sufficient to express my gratitude. But Thank YOU to all our men and women who selflessly as sheepdogs herd our people together and keep the wolves off our backs.

You're quite welcome.  As well as being a retired Soldier, I also grew up as an Army brat.  I have always been a sheepdog and will continue to help train and equip our young sheepdogs, so they have the equipment they need to keep the wolves at bay.

REGGAB

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 12:39:22 PM »

Great post Henry.

Charles Grennel certainly has a way with words, he even wrote the piece in a way that the "sheep" would understand. I have never chosen to take the path of the sheepdog in either law enforcement or military matters, but I am and always will be eternally grateful to the people who undertake these tasks.

Nige

Thanks, Brother.  That man is a hero.  He makes it all very easy to understand.

SE05

• Senior CVO Member
  • aka - Mrs. SBB
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 02:26:17 PM »

Great post Reggab!!   :2vrolijk_21:

I too am a military brat that holds a deep and gratefull regard for the military.  My father's "status" in the Army was such that he didn't have to go to war but volunteered 3 times for Nam.  He died 10 years ago, God rest his soul, from being exposed to Agent Orange while on "Sheepdog" duty!

This all comes even closer to home since my son enlisted in the USMC in December.  His MOS is MP and he has been told that he WILL do duty in a war zone.  That time is coming soon and it saddens me but I also have the utmost pride and respect for his choice to be a sheepdog!

I PRAY THAT GOD WILL BLESS ALL THE SHEEPDOGS AND KEEP THEM SAFE!!

REGGAB

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 02:35:38 PM »

Great post Reggab!!   :2vrolijk_21:

I too am a military brat that holds a deep and gratefull regard for the military.  My father's "status" in the Army was such that he didn't have to go to war but volunteered 3 times for Nam.  He died 10 years ago, God rest his soul, from being exposed to Agent Orange while on "Sheepdog" duty!

This all comes even closer to home since my son enlisted in the USMC in December.  His MOS is MP and he has been told that he WILL do duty in a war zone.  That time is coming soon and it saddens me but I also have the utmost pride and respect for his choice to be a sheepdog!

I PRAY THAT GOD WILL BLESS ALL THE SHEEPDOGS AND KEEP THEM SAFE!!

Thanks much SE06.  May God watch over your son and keep him safe while he defends our freedom.  And may God bless your father's soul for his selfless service.  Sheepdogs are awesome!!!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 04:00:06 PM »

I got and posted this today since I hadn't seen yours Henry, I was in New Zealand when you posted it and catching up here is a daunting task sometimes.

This letter certainly explains the situation well.

9-11 is something people often speak of and seldom recall fully the devastating feeling we all had on that horrible day.  We are funny that way, it is too easy to forget pain, that can be a good thing when you have a toothache, break your arm, suffer an emotional loss, but the ability to forget or bury the memory of somethings just comes to easily in my opinion.

I'll continue to move forward from 9-11 and the crisis we face in this new millennium but I will refuse to forget and never wish to become a sheep.

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007, 04:21:40 PM »

Great post,my son is training now to protect those little sheep from harm. In simple terms he my son will put his life on the line so people like Jill can sit around and bitch and moan about how wrong the USA is  send her over to the big sandbox and see what the ragheads do with her..

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 08:46:10 PM »

REGGAB,

Thanks for posting, as an AD soldier I have read this many times, it is great to see it made it's way here.

REGGAB

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 09:36:14 PM »

REGGAB,

Thanks for posting, as an AD soldier I have read this many times, it is great to see it made it's way here.

Hey Bro.......you are VERY welcome!  You have no idea how much I appreciate what you do for our country!  From an old retired Soldier to an Active Duty Soldier, please accept my humble THANKS for your selfless service.  Remember.....SHEEPDOGS ROCK!  Keep your head down and come home safe, so we can ride together.  Later.

REGGAB

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 09:41:14 PM »

I got and posted this today since I hadn't seen yours Henry, I was in New Zealand when you posted it and catching up here is a daunting task sometimes.

This letter certainly explains the situation well.

9-11 is something people often speak of and seldom recall fully the devastating feeling we all had on that horrible day.  We are funny that way, it is too easy to forget pain, that can be a good thing when you have a toothache, break your arm, suffer an emotional loss, but the ability to forget or bury the memory of somethings just comes to easily in my opinion.

I'll continue to move forward from 9-11 and the crisis we face in this new millennium but I will refuse to forget and never wish to become a sheep.

Roger...stuff like this can't get posted enough as far as I'm concerned.  To this day I can tell you EXACTLY what I was doing when my NCOIC came into the shop and turned up the radio.  We were horrified!  HORRIFIED.  Then we got pizzed!  It snowballed from there.  Even though I'm retired from Active Duty, I will still continue to do whatever I can to support the Warfighter.  Like you, being a sheep is NOT an option.

REGGAB

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 09:42:32 PM »

Great post,my son is training now to protect those little sheep from harm. In simple terms he my son will put his life on the line so people like Jill can sit around and bitch and moan about how wrong the USA is  send her over to the big sandbox and see what the ragheads do with her..

Amen Brother.  Thanks, and may God keep your son safe.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 10:09:37 PM »

Hey REGGAB, Great post! I'm looking forward to  getting in the same place to ride together.  There's quite a few of us ole dogs on this site.  :2vrolijk_21: har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

REGGAB

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 10:40:38 PM »

Hey REGGAB, Great post! I'm looking forward to  getting in the same place to ride together.  There's quite a few of us ole dogs on this site.  :2vrolijk_21: har!  :drink: spyder

Roger THAT, Brother!  Mission FIRST!  People ALWAYS!

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 11:28:34 PM »

Hey Bro.......you are VERY welcome!  You have no idea how much I appreciate what you do for our country!  From an old retired Soldier to an Active Duty Soldier, please accept my humble THANKS for your selfless service.  Remember.....SHEEPDOGS ROCK!  Keep your head down and come home safe, so we can ride together.  Later.

Back at you brother, can't wait to reach your rank of "retiree", 19+ and going...for a little while.

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2007, 05:07:02 AM »

It is comical...Shakespearian comical that time empowers the sheep.  The effectiveness of the sheepdogs lessen the appreciation of the sheep.  I regret this fact but am a DOG none the less.

WOOF!!

Seegarz

I got at least 7 left...but they have been good so far.

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

REGGAB

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2007, 06:33:06 AM »

Brothers:
The blue ID card IS sweet!!!!  As is the extra jing in the ol' bank account each month.  But I do miss it.  I miss getting up and running PT every morning with my guys.  Yes guys, some of us Warrant Officers actually ran PT.  I miss going to work in a musty old hangar at 7am and not going home until 10pm.  I miss the frustration of chasing parts just to get that last aircraft up on the last day of the reporting period.  I miss the uniform, deployments, overseas tours, ARMY CHOW, the discipline, the smell of JP8, MIL-L-23699, MIL-L-5606, MIL-L-83282, AGPUs, and standing behind an idling Longbow on a FARP at 3am in mid January just to stay warm.  MREs, LBVs, my Kevlar, and patrol caps...........never cared for the black beret, as to me, the Rangers got screwed in that Shinseki deal.  This and so much more..........but mostly, I miss Soldiers, which is why I am really looking forward to getting to Ft. Riley.  Working with these youngsters is so rewarding.  Heck I'd do it for free.  It is scary how fast we get old.  Shortly before I retired I got a kid in my Armament Shop who was born two months after I came in the Army.  WOW!  And to think of everything that transpired during the time he was born and the time I retired.  It's mind blowing.
These are our fellow sheepdogs folks.  It's up to us old graybeard sheepdogs to make sure they have the physical and mental tools to keep up the righteous fight of warding of the wolves so the sheep can peacefully graze..............on whatever it is they wish to graze.  Lets be sure these Soldiers have it better than we did.  That's my goal, and it is why I do what I do.  God Bless 'em all.

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2007, 08:45:09 AM »

Bagger-back
Couldn't have said it better myself...so you were an officer, eh?

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2007, 09:42:55 AM »

Hey Bagger-Backards.....what a great post!  And I totally agree on the Rangers/black beret deal.  What yr. did you begin your Army career?  Thanks for your service and bless you for keeping on keeping on, Brother.  Ride proud and safe.  :2vrolijk_21: har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2007, 11:10:44 AM »

It's up to us old graybeard sheepdogs to make sure they have the physical and mental tools to keep up the righteous fight of warding of the wolves so the sheep can peacefully graze..............on whatever it is they wish to graze. 

As they say...It's why we do, what we do!

And I LOVE doing it!

SOKOOL

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2007, 11:31:29 AM »

Hey guys, the way you talk about this is truly inspirational. Thank you all for your service to this great Nation! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2007, 09:16:12 PM »

WOOF!!!

Seegarsmkr

REGGAB

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2007, 01:13:33 AM »

Bagger-back
Couldn't have said it better myself...so you were an officer, eh?

Seegarz

Thank you.
Roger.  Warrant Officer.  CW3.  MOSC 151AE-Aviation Maintenance and Attack Aircraft (AH-64A & D) Armament Officer

REGGAB

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2007, 01:18:53 AM »

Hey Bagger-Backards.....what a great post!  And I totally agree on the Rangers/black beret deal.  What yr. did you begin your Army career?  Thanks for your service and bless you for keeping on keeping on, Brother.  Ride proud and safe.  :2vrolijk_21: har!  :drink: spyder

Thank you.
Between the black beret and the loss of our "Eagle Rising" to branch insignia, I can't figure which is worse.
Enlisted in 1984 MOSC 35K (68N/15N)-Avionic Mechanic.  Made E7 in 1995.  Got picked up to be a recruiter.  Didn't want to do that, since I was already and E7, so I submitted my Warrant Officer packet and was selected.  Went through WOCS 1n 1996.

REGGAB

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2007, 01:19:55 AM »

As they say...It's why we do, what we do!

And I LOVE doing it!

SOKOOL

Roger THAT!  Keep the fight, Brother.  WOOF!

REGGAB

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2007, 01:20:38 AM »

Hey guys, the way you talk about this is truly inspirational. Thank you all for your service to this great Nation! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)

Thanks, Howie!

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2007, 03:40:30 PM »

Hey, all you kids still holding up the sharp end of the spear..  Thank You! 

And all you old farts out there keeping the home fires warm until our youth come home,,  Thank You Twice!

Both of my daughters are now prepping for the AF Academy.  It scares the hell out of me every time I thing about it and then my head swells up and suddenly I'm ok again.  I know they will go much farther than I ever did with the academy as a starting point and I seldom think of their pride in my career and wanting do be like me without having to dry my eyes or turn away.  I gave it 22 years before they booted me for being too crippled up to stay in Special Ops...  I couldn't bring myself to step back from the hot spots at that time and I regret that decision now.  I now wish I had been big enough to have stayed longer.

The good Col. is right, there is a place for all, but it would be SOOO much nicer if everybody could recognize their spot in the world and appreciate the goodness around them.

In the end, I got lucky.  Now I'm a Veterans Service Officer, so I get to make REGGAB's dreams of better outcomes come true every day.  I make sure that new crew is treated right. 

WOOF!
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 21 queries.