Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs  (Read 5714 times)

REGGAB

Re: Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 09:36:14 PM »

REGGAB,

Thanks for posting, as an AD soldier I have read this many times, it is great to see it made it's way here.

Hey Bro.......you are VERY welcome!  You have no idea how much I appreciate what you do for our country!  From an old retired Soldier to an Active Duty Soldier, please accept my humble THANKS for your selfless service.  Remember.....SHEEPDOGS ROCK!  Keep your head down and come home safe, so we can ride together.  Later.

REGGAB

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 09:41:14 PM »

I got and posted this today since I hadn't seen yours Henry, I was in New Zealand when you posted it and catching up here is a daunting task sometimes.

This letter certainly explains the situation well.

9-11 is something people often speak of and seldom recall fully the devastating feeling we all had on that horrible day.  We are funny that way, it is too easy to forget pain, that can be a good thing when you have a toothache, break your arm, suffer an emotional loss, but the ability to forget or bury the memory of somethings just comes to easily in my opinion.

I'll continue to move forward from 9-11 and the crisis we face in this new millennium but I will refuse to forget and never wish to become a sheep.

Roger...stuff like this can't get posted enough as far as I'm concerned.  To this day I can tell you EXACTLY what I was doing when my NCOIC came into the shop and turned up the radio.  We were horrified!  HORRIFIED.  Then we got pizzed!  It snowballed from there.  Even though I'm retired from Active Duty, I will still continue to do whatever I can to support the Warfighter.  Like you, being a sheep is NOT an option.

REGGAB

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 09:42:32 PM »

Great post,my son is training now to protect those little sheep from harm. In simple terms he my son will put his life on the line so people like Jill can sit around and bitch and moan about how wrong the USA is  send her over to the big sandbox and see what the ragheads do with her..

Amen Brother.  Thanks, and may God keep your son safe.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 10:09:37 PM »

Hey REGGAB, Great post! I'm looking forward to  getting in the same place to ride together.  There's quite a few of us ole dogs on this site.  :2vrolijk_21: har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

REGGAB

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 10:40:38 PM »

Hey REGGAB, Great post! I'm looking forward to  getting in the same place to ride together.  There's quite a few of us ole dogs on this site.  :2vrolijk_21: har!  :drink: spyder

Roger THAT, Brother!  Mission FIRST!  People ALWAYS!

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 11:28:34 PM »

Hey Bro.......you are VERY welcome!  You have no idea how much I appreciate what you do for our country!  From an old retired Soldier to an Active Duty Soldier, please accept my humble THANKS for your selfless service.  Remember.....SHEEPDOGS ROCK!  Keep your head down and come home safe, so we can ride together.  Later.

Back at you brother, can't wait to reach your rank of "retiree", 19+ and going...for a little while.

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2007, 05:07:02 AM »

It is comical...Shakespearian comical that time empowers the sheep.  The effectiveness of the sheepdogs lessen the appreciation of the sheep.  I regret this fact but am a DOG none the less.

WOOF!!

Seegarz

I got at least 7 left...but they have been good so far.

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

REGGAB

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2007, 06:33:06 AM »

Brothers:
The blue ID card IS sweet!!!!  As is the extra jing in the ol' bank account each month.  But I do miss it.  I miss getting up and running PT every morning with my guys.  Yes guys, some of us Warrant Officers actually ran PT.  I miss going to work in a musty old hangar at 7am and not going home until 10pm.  I miss the frustration of chasing parts just to get that last aircraft up on the last day of the reporting period.  I miss the uniform, deployments, overseas tours, ARMY CHOW, the discipline, the smell of JP8, MIL-L-23699, MIL-L-5606, MIL-L-83282, AGPUs, and standing behind an idling Longbow on a FARP at 3am in mid January just to stay warm.  MREs, LBVs, my Kevlar, and patrol caps...........never cared for the black beret, as to me, the Rangers got screwed in that Shinseki deal.  This and so much more..........but mostly, I miss Soldiers, which is why I am really looking forward to getting to Ft. Riley.  Working with these youngsters is so rewarding.  Heck I'd do it for free.  It is scary how fast we get old.  Shortly before I retired I got a kid in my Armament Shop who was born two months after I came in the Army.  WOW!  And to think of everything that transpired during the time he was born and the time I retired.  It's mind blowing.
These are our fellow sheepdogs folks.  It's up to us old graybeard sheepdogs to make sure they have the physical and mental tools to keep up the righteous fight of warding of the wolves so the sheep can peacefully graze..............on whatever it is they wish to graze.  Lets be sure these Soldiers have it better than we did.  That's my goal, and it is why I do what I do.  God Bless 'em all.

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2007, 08:45:09 AM »

Bagger-back
Couldn't have said it better myself...so you were an officer, eh?

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2007, 09:42:55 AM »

Hey Bagger-Backards.....what a great post!  And I totally agree on the Rangers/black beret deal.  What yr. did you begin your Army career?  Thanks for your service and bless you for keeping on keeping on, Brother.  Ride proud and safe.  :2vrolijk_21: har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2007, 11:10:44 AM »

It's up to us old graybeard sheepdogs to make sure they have the physical and mental tools to keep up the righteous fight of warding of the wolves so the sheep can peacefully graze..............on whatever it is they wish to graze. 

As they say...It's why we do, what we do!

And I LOVE doing it!

SOKOOL

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2007, 11:31:29 AM »

Hey guys, the way you talk about this is truly inspirational. Thank you all for your service to this great Nation! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2007, 09:16:12 PM »

WOOF!!!

Seegarsmkr

REGGAB

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2007, 01:13:33 AM »

Bagger-back
Couldn't have said it better myself...so you were an officer, eh?

Seegarz

Thank you.
Roger.  Warrant Officer.  CW3.  MOSC 151AE-Aviation Maintenance and Attack Aircraft (AH-64A & D) Armament Officer

REGGAB

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2007, 01:18:53 AM »

Hey Bagger-Backards.....what a great post!  And I totally agree on the Rangers/black beret deal.  What yr. did you begin your Army career?  Thanks for your service and bless you for keeping on keeping on, Brother.  Ride proud and safe.  :2vrolijk_21: har!  :drink: spyder

Thank you.
Between the black beret and the loss of our "Eagle Rising" to branch insignia, I can't figure which is worse.
Enlisted in 1984 MOSC 35K (68N/15N)-Avionic Mechanic.  Made E7 in 1995.  Got picked up to be a recruiter.  Didn't want to do that, since I was already and E7, so I submitted my Warrant Officer packet and was selected.  Went through WOCS 1n 1996.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 1.145 seconds with 22 queries.