Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Butt Buffer??  (Read 10265 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Butt Buffer??
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2005, 01:43:22 AM »

had propad install gel pad in front and a top mount pad on rear this weekend in lafayette at louisiana hog rally and after riding on it around locally and back home last night at 2 a m , my and my wifes only question was why didn't we do this sooner. probably the best $185.00 spent on this bike. and only took them 45 minutes to complete. also met 2lane at rally,must say good looking bike even if it is red. [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

Glad to see the pad worked out as well as you'd hoped.  It was interesting watching the buy put them in.  Does she say the "external" pad on the back feels like it's going to stay in place or will there be a question of it wiggling when the passenger occasionally gets the squirms?

h82lose

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2005, 09:22:14 AM »

2lane,no complaints so far. the pad is held on with 2 back straps and 1 front strap. 2lane how was ride home and when did you get in? we got in sat/sun at 2 am after ccr concert at cajun dome.see ya again. [smiley=beerchug.gif]
'08 orange springer, '05 teal seeg-10/23/04,  '79 flh classic,  '05 jag S type R- british racing GREEN

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2005, 12:07:24 PM »

2lane,no complaints so far. the pad is held on with 2 back straps and 1 front strap. 2lane how was ride home and when did you get in? we got in sat/sun at 2 am after ccr concert at cajun dome.see ya again. [smiley=beerchug.gif]

My ride home was great.  After the time change we didn't make a super early start.  Left the hotel at 8:30 and dropped Mary off at her place outside of Little Rock and then on home for me.  Pulled in to my drive at 8:30 in the evening and had clicked off just over 700 miles for the day.  It was a gorgeous day the whole trip too.  We were glad to have the heater in the seat for the first hour or so in the morning but nothing else was even close to a problem all day long.  Don't know when I've had a nicer day out on a bike.

Hey, by the way, tell you wife "thanks" for me.  She'd told Mary about a restaurant back over by the bike shop that we went and tried before coming back to CCR.  It was obscene how much food we got and how good it was !  I wasn't sure I was gonna get a leg back over the saddle.

Glad to hear that seat work is going to work out so well too.  Was really curious to hear how it would do.  Was kind of a short weekend'd outing for you but it at least it was productive  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  Anytime you can make two butts happy for less than two hundred bucks it's got to be a good day  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2005, 05:38:02 PM »

I use a pro pad on my mustang seat for long trips. For me it adds about 2-3 hours before serious but bite sets in. I don't use it around town or 2-300 mile day rides but over that it sure helps. I haven't tried it on the SEEG seat because I like the solo seat look so well. Some of the wives in the club have tried it on the passenger seat & liked it so well I had trouble getting it back. Said it made it easier to stay on the  part of the seat they wanted to . No sliding foreward. To me it seems cooler in hot weather also, but if it was left out in the sun I'm sure it would retain a lot of heat.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.