Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Texas Members...Who will stop the rain?  (Read 941 times)

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
Texas Members...Who will stop the rain?
« on: June 30, 2007, 09:48:07 AM »

Ok, this is getting ridiculous.  For those of you living in Texas, we have gone from a 2 year drought to the 2nd wettest June in history (soon to be the first based on the forecast)

Tough to get a dry ride in when it rains every freaking day :o

I also enjoy boating, but cannot do that either as all of the ramps to my lake are closed due to high water... :'(

When will it end??

Not sure why I am posting this, but I know there is no way I could ever live in the pacific northwest where this stuff is the norm.  Give me the 100 degree days anytime....
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

Kodiak

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Texas Members...Who will stop the rain?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 10:30:13 AM »

I'm In East Texas and got caught in the rain last three rides. Went to Strokers last Sunday, thought we had it made but no luck it started a down pour 2 miles from the house. Think I might get out the honey do list this weekend and make some peace at home..... Ride Safe
2012 Candy Cobalt Twilight Blue FLTRXSE, Vance & Hines Power Duals, 4" Rinehart's, SE Super Tuner, Mustang Super Solo with backrest &  passenger seat.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 12:43:10 PM »

:nixweiss:  Join the party.  After having our driest and warmest winter on record, England has recorded it's coldest May and wettest June with more to come.  I'm thinking of chopping my SERK into a SE boat.
I have had my bike nearly a month and I've only done 1000miles. :'(

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 03:04:38 PM »

It was a dry day in N Texas yesterday.  A buddy and I rode up to a little town NE of Dallas called Royse City.  Had a great ride up there.  Ate dinner at a little place called The Lazy Dawg.  Very biker friendly.  Cute waitress too.  Back to the story.

We left and saw quite a bit of lightning to the west.  He headed to his house and left me to ride the additional 10 miles to my house.  After about 4 miles it started raining pretty hard.  I stopped and called my wife to see if was raining at our house, she it was dry as a bone.  I put my rain jacket on and headed out.  Rain was steady but not too hard.  Rode about 3 miles, rain stopped and the road was dry as if it not rained at all.

These little showers that pass through sure make it tough to keep a bike clean.

Didn't mean to turn this into a weahter/ride report.  But it was the first chance we have had to ride in at least a week.

john
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 04:31:15 PM »

We got hit yesterday in Southlake about 7:00 p.m.  Rained so hard it was coming down sideways.  I tried to sneak out today, but it keeps raining and then stopping, raining and then stopping.

I guess I could clean the bike :-\
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

gnewcomer

• gnewcomer
  • FXDWG3

• CVO1: FXDWG3
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 09:50:29 AM »

:nixweiss:  Join the party.  After having our driest and warmest winter on record, England has recorded it's coldest May and wettest June with more to come.  I'm thinking of chopping my SERK into a SE boat.
I have had my bike nearly a month and I've only done 1000miles. :'(

Pretty wild weather we're having for sure, and seeing the same weird weather in England setting records that are contradictory to this global warming thang.   12 months ago, some lakes in north central tx and other parts round here, were closed b/c the ramps were out of the water with dangerously low water conditions.... now 12 months later ... you cant find the ramps .. or even the parking lots / pic-nic tables etc etc... ARRRRGH

gn
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 09:54:03 AM by gnewcomer »
When you look down the road, it seems to never end “ but you better believe it does.

gnewcomer

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 01:32:52 PM »

Just looking to book a holiday to San Antonio but I think I'll give it a miss  :-\ and opt for Cyprus instead...  :orange: sorry guys you will have to  wait for my presence :huepfenlol2:

Page created in 2.068 seconds with 21 queries.