Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Amsoil on 110  (Read 8509 times)

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
Amsoil on 110
« on: July 08, 2007, 01:10:20 PM »

I just changed to Amsoil 20 50 on my 07 SERK. i don't have a temperature gauge but I don't think I need one . i rode in 90 + today and yesterday. The engine feels much cooler on my leg. The top end is quieter . Usually when the bike is cold and I try to back up in gear with the clutch in It won't budge now i can roll the bike back with minor friction. Not sure what that means but it is different. i will change oil on my wife's 05 lowrider and see if she can tell any difference. Thanks for all the help guys Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

mandm1

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5
Re: Amsoil on 110
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 11:33:19 PM »

Glad to hear that the top end is quieter. I'm thinking about putting in the Baisley spring and switching to Mobil 1 V-twin. Did you change to Amsoil in the transmission and/or primary, too? Just wondering since you stated that you can now back up in gear with the clutch in ... I have noticed this condition, too.

Thanks,
Mike

beerman

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 06:42:59 AM »

What's a Baisley spring?
sorry
-Beerman
2008 FLHX, 1997 FLSTS, 1982 BMW R65

2006_CVO_HD

• 2008 FLHTCUSE-3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE-3/White Frost & Silver Mist
    • www.harleydavidsonbikers.com
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 07:18:03 AM »

Amsoil products are good stuff and thanks for sharing......  :coolblue:
LIFE BEGINS WHEN YOU GET ONE!!!!!!

mandm1

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 10:50:23 AM »

What's a Baisley spring?
sorry
-Beerman

Hi Beerman,

A Baisley spring (made by Latus Motors) is a replacement oil pressure relief valve spring. It's a stiffer and better made spring than OEM. It provides about 3-5 psi more oil pressure at idle and 6-9 psi more at road speeds, according to Dan at Baisley's. I installed one in my '06 Ultra and it made a significant difference. I've ordered one for my '07 SE Ultra and will install when I replace the exhaust with V&H dresser duals.

Mike

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 09:54:34 PM »

Glad to hear that the top end is quieter. I'm thinking about putting in the Baisley spring and switching to Mobil 1 V-twin. Did you change to Amsoil in the transmission and/or primary, too? Just wondering since you stated that you can now back up in gear with the clutch in ... I have noticed this condition, too.

Thanks, I changed al 3 holes to Amsoil 20 50  has anyone checked the temp diiference with the oil Temp guage to see the difference? Thanks Billy
Mike
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

hdfatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • Pain is Mandatory. Misery is Optional.
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 11:24:54 AM »

A Baisley spring (made by Latus Motors) is a replacement oil pressure relief valve spring. It's a stiffer and better made spring than OEM. It provides about 3-5 psi more oil pressure at idle and 6-9 psi more at road speeds, according to Dan at Baisley's.

Mike

Mike,
Do you have any other info on the replacement spring by Baisley? Part number, etc.?  I am considering using them for some cylinder head work on my CUSE2. Have you dealt with them drectly in the past? Or just parts?

Thanks, in advance,
Mike

mandm1

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 03:09:17 PM »

Mike (hdfatboy),

I haven't had them do any work for me; only ordered the spring 2 times for different bikes. The spring number you want is LMR-002. It is a product of Latus Motors Racing and Baisley is a retailer for the spring. Call 503-289-1251 and talk with Dan. It will cost you around $13 plus around $2 for shipping.

Check out these threads on another forum, or do a search for "Baisley AND spring"
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56650&highlight=baisley+install
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51998

You will need to remove the cam cover (need a new gasket from HD) and the right side exhaust, too.

Hope this helps,
Mike

blowncobra

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Blue
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Street Glide Orange Lava
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 02:21:22 PM »

Converted all to amsoil at 364 miles, runs average 10 degrees cooler and here in Florida we need it, added a cooler and droped another 4 degrees
THE WHOLE WORLD NEEDS A DRINK

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 10:34:31 PM »

Mike (hdfatboy),

I haven't had them do any work for me; only ordered the spring 2 times for different bikes. The spring number you want is LMR-002. It is a product of Latus Motors Racing and Baisley is a retailer for the spring. Call 503-289-1251 and talk with Dan. It will cost you around $13 plus around $2 for shipping.

Check out these threads on another forum, or do a search for "Baisley AND spring"
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56650&highlight=baisley+install
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51998

You will need to remove the cam cover (need a new gasket from HD) and the right side exhaust, too.

Hope this helps,
Mike

Mike,
Great info, thanks for sharing with us.   :drink:

hdfatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • Pain is Mandatory. Misery is Optional.
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 04:13:26 PM »

Mike,
Do you have any other info on the replacement spring by Baisley? Part number, etc.?  I am considering using them for some cylinder head work on my CUSE2. Have you dealt with them drectly in the past? Or just parts?

Thanks, in advance,
Mike

Thanks Mike. I'll look into it. Running a 2-1 Fat Cat, so. . . . a little more work required but sure seems worth it. Thanks again for the response!
Mike
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 04:21:42 PM by hdfatboy »

rkelon

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 04:13:34 PM »

Am I reading avoid the HD Syn oil?  I run mobile 1 in my cars/boats and I am a believer.  I have heard about Amsoil, but could never justify the price difference...anyone know of any testing that was done comparing the different synthetic oils?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 04:20:42 PM »

Am I reading avoid the HD Syn oil?  I run mobile 1 in my cars/boats and I am a believer.  I have heard about Amsoil, but could never justify the price difference...anyone know of any testing that was done comparing the different synthetic oils?

Welcome aboard rk! If you like Mobil 1, use their Mobil 1 V-Twin 20-50. It's just as good as Amsoil. ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

blowncobra

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Blue
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Street Glide Orange Lava
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 04:52:13 PM »

Welcome RK :2vrolijk_21:

Actually amsoil is a better oil as far as independent tests proove, as far as justification of cost, if you use amsoil as prescribed it is cheaper but most folks just cant get beyond that extended drain interval thing. I run it in my jet-skis, harleys, atv's, outboards, diesel trucks, gas trucks etc. i change the oil in my diesel trucks using amsoil only every 25,000 miles with a filter change every 5k. All said in most tests Mobil 1 is  a real close#2 and of course Mobil now has an extended drain oil but still not as extended as Amsoil.
If your gonna change the oil early or at the manufacturers interval heck go real cheap and just use petroleum base oils. we been doing it for 100 years, But the synthetic thing makes us owners feel better huh?

Good Luck
THE WHOLE WORLD NEEDS A DRINK

rkelon

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2007, 10:11:20 PM »

Understood about the petroleum based oil, but what I have seen on the testing is the viscosity breakdown at 300-600 miles.     I was worried that it would do really bad things to my engine after 300 miles.

Thanks for the welcome.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.