Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Bike goes back in  (Read 8255 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Bike goes back in
« on: July 20, 2007, 08:55:31 PM »

Well let's see where do I begin,

The bike is going back into the shop on monday for 4 things now.

1.  rear cylinder leaking again at the base
2.  heated hand grips
3.  pinion is chewed up on the starter
4.  compression releases arent working   230 no relief.   

going to ask for new juggs since this is the 2nd time this has happened.  I figure the juggs can't be level.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Deuces_Wild

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Bike goes back in
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 11:34:17 PM »

Harry,

Thats one of the inherent problems with the 110's.  I have heard many with the rear cylinder problem as you have. From what I have read it's a number of thing that together create the problem.  Harley has been replacing these 110's by the hundreds and have new motors ready to go for replacements.  What color was your orginal head badge.  Silver or Black?

Give me a call and I'll tell you How to fix it!

Tony

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 11:58:08 PM »

Tony,

My badges were silver.

I will try and give ya a call over the weekend Tony.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 08:39:40 AM »

what significance is the color of the head badge?

just curious.... :drink:
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 08:43:10 AM »

Well let's see where do I begin,

The bike is going back into the shop on monday for 4 things now.

1.  rear cylinder leaking again at the base
2.  heated hand grips
3.  pinion is chewed up on the starter
4.  compression releases arent working   230 no relief.   

going to ask for new juggs since this is the 2nd time this has happened.  I figure the juggs can't be level.
Min'es going back in on Monday for problems 1 & 4 above. Rear ACR works, front ACR is non functional.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 10:38:14 AM »

Harry,

Thats one of the inherent problems with the 110's.  I have heard many with the rear cylinder problem as you have. From what I have read it's a number of thing that together create the problem.  Harley has been replacing these 110's by the hundreds and have new motors ready to go for replacements.  What color was your orginal head badge.  Silver or Black?

Give me a call and I'll tell you How to fix it!

Tony

Mine is scheduled for the rear cylinder as well.  It had silver badges and was built in August of '06.  The parts just came in.  Can you please include me in the fix?  Can I call you? I'd like a new motor at this point.  And I have a transmission lead as well.
Thanks

PS, my previous bike was a 2000 Deuce with a custome paint job I did and it was called Deuces Wild. Good taste.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 12:38:10 PM »

Gawd dammit, what a pain in the kiwi's!  Mine had silver badges, I changed them to black, will that help?
Sorry for your problems with the bike...What is your backup bike?

Miker

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2007, 12:44:38 PM »

Gawd dammit, what a pain in the kiwi's!  Mine had silver badges, I changed them to black, will that help?
Sorry for your problems with the bike...What is your backup bike?

Miker

Just an indication of an early motor.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2007, 12:50:15 PM »

I was bull chite'en about the badges Gull...I picked up my 07 serk 09.07.

Were the bikes ridden in a stock configuration or modified upon delivery...
Harry, you turned me onto Stormy Hill for mine and so far so good.  Sorry about yours guys.

Miker

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2007, 01:20:57 PM »

Miker,

Mines stock for now HD SE 255 chain cam is in the bike :) 

The problem isnt that the work has to be done really its not its the hassle associated with it.   This is the 3rd base gasket on the rear cylinder.   Looks like they are going to replace the rear cylinder or order the cylinder on Monday.

The compression releases seems that there may be a tech article about it, the service manager at Stormy (Dave) great guy didn't quite remember off the top of his head how it went.   so I asked Seminole to look it up for me.   It maybe as simple as putting in the base map again and then doing the 4.62 map upgrade to it or maybe it is something else :)

The ring gear is because the releases arent working its banging back on the ring gear and chewed the pinion up pretty good.   They will have to take off the primary to have a good look at it and to make sure no teeth broke.

The heated handgrips well they are what they are.

Also having them fix the fuel gauge, when the light comes on I am at 2 gallons left in the tank at empty I still have a gallon in the tank /dohhh   It is more of a nuissance than anything else.

All in all the dealer is taking care of it all no hassles no fuss, so while I am away on business first of the week they will tear into it.

Seminole has been great to me, the service manager Tom and Lead tech Jim are easy for me to work with and the bonus is they are only 6 miles away.   

Miker Stormy is 61 miles away, but also great people and easy to deal with as you were able to find out.   Dave the service manager, Darryl the lead tech and Chip the GM all great people.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2007, 01:32:26 PM »

Miker,

Mines stock for now HD SE 255 chain cam is in the bike :) 

The problem isnt that the work has to be done really its not its the hassle associated with it.   This is the 3rd base gasket on the rear cylinder.   Looks like they are going to replace the rear cylinder or order the cylinder on Monday.

The compression releases seems that there may be a tech article about it, the service manager at Stormy (Dave) great guy didn't quite remember off the top of his head how it went.   so I asked Seminole to look it up for me.   It maybe as simple as putting in the base map again and then doing the 4.62 map upgrade to it or maybe it is something else :)

The ring gear is because the releases arent working its banging back on the ring gear and chewed the pinion up pretty good.   They will have to take off the primary to have a good look at it and to make sure no teeth broke.

The heated handgrips well they are what they are.

Also having them fix the fuel gauge, when the light comes on I am at 2 gallons left in the tank at empty I still have a gallon in the tank /dohhh   It is more of a nuissance than anything else.

All in all the dealer is taking care of it all no hassles no fuss, so while I am away on business first of the week they will tear into it.

Seminole has been great to me, the service manager Tom and Lead tech Jim are easy for me to work with and the bonus is they are only 6 miles away.   

Miker Stormy is 61 miles away, but also great people and easy to deal with as you were able to find out.   Dave the service manager, Darryl the lead tech and Chip the GM all great people.

Yup they are, around 380 miles round trip for me plus $50 in tolls!  That speaks for my local shop huh?..

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2007, 03:28:01 PM »

Good news the dealer has the starter pieces, and the cylinders are in the distribution warehouse.   Only thing left now is to diagnose the compression releases and check the ring gear.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2007, 08:47:53 PM »

Good news the dealer has the starter pieces, and the cylinders are in the distribution warehouse.   Only thing left now is to diagnose the compression releases and check the ring gear.

They're rebuilding your starter and not getting you a new one. You can't just replace the pinion gear like the earlier ones. You have to take the starter apart to change it, as I've been told it's a 1-piece unit. Why won't they just get you a new one. Or a chrome one for the extra 100 bucks! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2007, 09:49:26 PM »

Howie,

Not sure they say the pieces I need are sold as an assembly and they have them in stock to fix it.   part number 31633-07    While they do that they said they would check the ring gear.   

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2007, 10:11:43 PM »

They're rebuilding your starter and not getting you a new one. You can't just replace the pinion gear like the earlier ones. You have to take the starter apart to change it, as I've been told it's a 1-piece unit. Why won't they just get you a new one. Or a chrome one for the extra 100 bucks! ;) Hoist! 8)

The current starter’s basic design goes back to 1989 and is completely rebuildable. The pinion gear runs $30 and the starter clutch (drive; bendix; whatever you want to call it) can be had for $80; the pinion & clutch assembly (31633-07) runs $113.

It is my sense that if a Dealer were to submit a claim for an entire starter and clutch shell with ring gear, Milwaukee would either deny the starter, or if the claim went through there would be a high possibility of a chargeback when the starter was inspected after callback.

Hoist, I recall you saying that your Dealer gave you credit for a complete starter assembly on a chrome high output unit. I believe that on a still evening if you open your windows and are very quiet, you can hear your Dealer eating what’s left of your original starter; at least that’s what I think that sound is.

That was good of your Dealer to do that; I’ll bet that they were not fully compensated for the starter, if they were paid at all. The Dealer more than likely had to disassemble the starter and submit a claim for the pinion gear and starter drive; JMHO.

djkak

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 21 queries.