Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Protective coating for fairings  (Read 6808 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: Protective coating for fairings
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 09:02:31 PM »

why not just ask the dealer not to uncrate it and leave it in the box. The H-D shipping crates have a cutout on one end you can look in through

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2007, 09:14:14 PM »

why not just ask the dealer not to uncrate it and leave it in the box. The H-D shipping crates have a cutout on one end you can look in through

This is great!
Brian is back!
That dry sense of humor.
That, "I'm sending a zinger their way and wonder if they can figure that one out" attitude.
And if they don't I don't give a rats a$$.

We been missing you buddy!
Glad your back!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

hdhiwayman

• Junior CVO Member
  • The nut between the handle bars and the saddle
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2007, 09:03:06 PM »

Well I think I may have figured the zingers that have been thrown my way. And I realize that there are people that don't take measures or feel that they are necessary to protect their investments and or purchases from the elements. Much like a bird don't build a roof over its nest. Its brain is not wired to think like that.
Nothing personal B.B.
2006 SE Autum Haze
Freedom Power package
A little bling bling
2002 Road King
Stage 2: Andrews cams w/Rineharts true duals and DFO
Too much to list
Yes I am a chromeaholic

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2007, 09:15:45 PM »

The protective film is quite popular with the sport touring crowd ( BMW / Yamaha FJR )  not a bad way to keep your paint preserved on long trips .  To me it isn't about re-sale as much as pride in your ride
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2007, 09:51:34 PM »

hdhiwayman,
                 Whatever I think or don't think about a particular subject should not be construed to be targeted at either the individual who started the thread or perhaps the person who defends/denigrates a subject the most, but rather just my personal feelings on the subject. I think that has come through in the 4,656 posts I've made. My feelings on this particular subject are strong I admit, but anyone who knows me and knows my motorcycles also knows that even the slightest hint that I don't care for them is not only off the mark, but borders on a personal insult. I have been involved in this thing we call the " Biker Lifestyle " at every level and in almost every capacity short of professional racer for 40 years. The paint / finish of every single one of my motorcycles was of paramount importance to me in choosing either a factory built vehicle or in custom building one. I have sitting on my desk in front of me a trophy for Best Paint won at a Statewide Motorcycle show in Maine. I cherish that trophy because I put in excess of 100 hours of labor in to welding, grinding, sanding and painting every single square inch of the frame, fenders, gas tank and wheels. I have always favored paint schemes that draw even the casual observer into the vehicle so that they might take note of all of the small details I incorporate into my vehicles. I have won Best of Show at Bike shows here in California as well as People's Choice awards both here and in Maine. In short, I think I am qualified to state what does and does not belong on a motorcycle from the standpoint of what looks good. My point in posting on this thread while admitedly sarcastic was also to perhaps alert the unsuspecting to the fact that while this product may well indeed protect your pride and joy from the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, it does not look good.

B B
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 10:10:06 PM by SPIDERMAN »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.