Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for input on Corbin or Mustang Seats?  (Read 1743 times)

Jim

• Full CVO Member
  • One Day At A Time
Looking for input on Corbin or Mustang Seats?
« on: February 09, 2005, 10:55:49 AM »

I need to upgrade my seat on 03 Road King SE to keep the better half happy (I don't blame her at all) I'm looking for some rider input from Corbin and Mustang seat user's for their opinion. Also how does the seat sit compared to stock seat? Further back? Lower or higher? Any input would be appreciated, I would like to order soon. Also I have been reading post about Proggresive shocks, 12" or 12.5", any user input would be great also. Can't wait for spring. Thank's

Jim
SE A/f
SE Mufflers
SE Race Tuner

ashcraft

Re: Looking for input on Corbin or Mustang Seats?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 11:04:39 AM »

I put a one-piece Mustang touring seat on my 2K2 serk, with Mustang backrest, and would never go back to stock seat except for looks. The wife no longer complains, and my back doesn't hurt. The backrest slips out easily, which the original never did. I also bought a set of 12.5" 440-4050c shocks and they're great, much better than the air shocks which bled down in about 4-5 hours. Two good products....
I think if you look, theres another post about these items in this forum.
2K2 SERK, purple
2K3 FF Electra-glide Classic

mfgreen

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 11:06:18 AM »

I need to upgrade my seat on 03 Road King SE to keep the better half happy (I don't blame her at all) I'm looking for some rider input from Corbin and Mustang seat user's for their opinion. Also how does the seat sit compared to stock seat? Further back? Lower or higher? Any input would be appreciated, I would like to order soon. Also I have been reading post about Proggresive shocks, 12" or 12.5", any user input would be great also. Can't wait for spring. Thank's

Jim

Jim, With regard to the Progressive shocks, you will change the ride immensely for you and your passenger.  You will gain additional benefits in handling.  Thesecommonalities are shared with everything that you read in the SEEG threads.  The seat issues are identical as well.  The reason for this is the use of the same chassis(frame).  I would change out the shocks first and se if that improvement improves the ride enough for your passenger.  At that point, I would go to one of the large rallies and tryout the different seats.  The reason for this is that everyone has slightly different ergonomic requirements and the only absolute way to verify comfort for both of you without buying many different seats is to try them out.
Mike

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 12:47:16 PM »

There are several lengthy threads on here, regarding seats.  I personally did a slide show of Corbin making the seat for my SEEG........it's posted here somewhere, too.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 01:20:16 PM »

Speaking for my butt it really really appreciates the Corbin seat.  The weight bearing area is firm but shaped such that it really does spread the weight evenly across you from thigh to hip to butt.  I've been on a few different seats at different times and I've come to like the Corbins the best.  Seats are very subjective things though.  If you get the opportunity you really should try to sit on or ride on a few different options before making the switch.

As for the shocks it really is a no brainer.  The stock shocks are simply quite poor in what they do when compared against what the Progressives will do for your ride.  The bike will handle better, handle more comfortably, and handle more safely.  You'll not have to fiddle with checking air pressure every week (or ever day) and the range of adjustment is actually broader.  Something like the Progressive shocks is what the Motoc Company ought to be using.  Unfortunately they don't and we get this Showa air shock detritus of an old supply contract and we need to make the changes ourselves.  But it's a change that is really really really worth making.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 02:54:44 PM »

Jim......addressing the issue of the sensitive behind of my passenger, when we used to ride 2 up, the Corbin Dual Touring beat the rest that I've had over the years.  If you need one, I happen to have a "new" Corbin Dual Touring (400 miles on seat), back in the plastic, hanging in my shop that I would offer to you at a deeeeep discount.  Send me a PM if you wish.

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.