Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: What's the real lowdown on the 110 motor ?  (Read 4305 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: What's the real lowdown on the 110 motor ?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 08:10:38 PM »

HELLO  ALL ; I was just at the  stealer  today and talking about getting a 105 ann  cuse  after they total out my 06 cuse...  DOES EVERYONE  THINK  THAT I SHOULD  JUST WAIT AND SEE HOW THE 08 ARE - FIXED OR NOT ??????
  THANKS , JEFF

P.S. I HAVE HEARD FROM MANY THERE THERE WILL BE ONLY 1 PER DEALER OF THE;
                        2008 - 105 ANN.  FLHTCUSE = THE ANN   COLORS
AND A TOTAL OF ONLY700 MADE OF THE SCREAMING EAGLE ULTRAS[[ ANN. COLORS ]]]
                              THANKS , JEFF

San Diego H-D has one due in tomorrow. The sales manager told me to come check it out even though it's spoken for because he can get me another one if I want it. That's why I've been asking all the questions about the 110 motor.

B B

hogasm

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 08:25:51 PM »

Well, 1500 miles it now. looks good so far. Hopefully the Tech took care in installing it and it holds. I'll probably have well over 500 miles on it by the time I return from HS. You know I'll be keeping my eye on it. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Howie I hope you have over 500 miles on it by the time you get back from Hot Springs. Planning on making that bike a  :trailer: queen :huepfenjump3:

sorry Brian #66   had to pick on Howie a little

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 08:42:03 PM »

I HAVE HEARD FROM MANY THERE THERE WILL BE ONLY 1 PER DEALER OF THE;
                        2008 - 105 ANN.  FLHTCUSE = THE ANN   COLORS
AND A TOTAL OF ONLY700 MADE OF THE SCREAMING EAGLE ULTRAS[[ ANN. COLORS ]]]
                              THANKS , JEFF

I think its somewhere around 4200 total, 1400-1800 each of the non annivers. color scheme and the rest is 105th.
As for the availability, that all depends on dealer sales(from what I was told by my dealer). He told me he will only get 1 annivers. model cause they're not a huge dealer, whereas a dealer in Daytona could get up to 4.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 09:02:39 PM »

The gasket problem won't be fixed out the door, but don't let that stop you from pulling the trigger on an awesome bike. Mine is weeping as we speak and we're leaving tomorrow for Knoxville.

Why are we so worried about a leaky Harley these days? I understand this is the way its supposed to be. It leaks, but it still runs great.
I'm confident this leaky gasket issue will get taken care of. I'm betting on it.

:indian_chief:
Chief,

I hope that comment was tongue-in-cheek. :confused5:  It's been quite a few years now since Harley's regularly "marked their spot", and I'm hoping the nostalgia loving folks at H-D aren't planning to bring that feature back. 

While this leak may seem like a minor nuisance rather than a major defect, you may want to talk to folks who had the leak manifest itself into the combustion chamber.  No longer a minor nuisance, but a power robbing and ping producing  problem.  I truly hope they develop a fix that will hold up for the life of the engine, but after a full year of no real fix I think I would at least consider the idea that this may be something you'll be living with for some time.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Rhino

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 09:19:02 PM »

The ONLY reason Harry hates his 110 is becasue I consistently beat him with my $29.95 modifications. BTW, I LOVE MY 110!!! 
Rhino

Spiderman,

Rhino (ronnie) has an 07 ultra with the 110.   

I personally would not buy another one of these POS 110's.   I will most likely keep this one, due to the investment and miles I already have on it, but would highly recommend against buying it until known for a fact the MoCo has a fix that is really a fix.   The MoCo is playing bean counter games right now.   They know the average Joe is going ride 4k miles a year.   So they know they have a 2 year warranty and well 2 gasket fixes and they are on their own or under an extended warranty the few that ride a lot like myself are going to be appeased or we are going to do our own thing.   My bike has been down over 4 weeks with the 4 replacements and now 1 rear jugg.   I have been very tempted to go the route of a 113" and be done with all this crap.   Personally I will be going to a cometic gasket in the near future to see if that cures the ailment.   I suggested the cometic for Howies and thus far he has no leaks and I am hoping to have a good idea if they will hold when he returns from HS should be about 3 to 4k miles on the bike by then.  My problem is if I go cometic the dealer is out of the motor completely and it is on me from there.   

Sorry I am a jaded owner at this point.  Wish  I had gotten another 05 bike to replace my cherry.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2007, 09:32:16 PM »

The ONLY reason Harry hates his 110 is becasue I consistently beat him with my $29.95 modifications. BTW, I LOVE MY 110!!! 
Rhino

Now that's funny!
Well, the beating him part!
As far as the 110, I have seen a few T man 110's and they are serious motors!
But for 29.95 I get a lot of --> :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2007, 12:36:14 PM »

Black Hills HD claims that the 105 anniversary USE I'm getting is the only one they will see.  The thing I don't understand is that with 600 and some Harley dealers in the states and 1800 of these bikes, that would work out to almost 3 per dealer.  Maybe I'm wrong here, but I was under the assumption that SE bikes were only for sale in the U.S.  -Steve
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2007, 01:23:37 PM »

Black Hills HD claims that the 105 anniversary USE I'm getting is the only one they will see.  The thing I don't understand is that with 600 and some Harley dealers in the states and 1800 of these bikes, that would work out to almost 3 per dealer.  Maybe I'm wrong here, but I was under the assumption that SE bikes were only for sale in the U.S.  -Steve

Sorry Steve ! ;)

I know not the average of the CVO exported but if it's 50% , I'll be not surprised !

Jacques

********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2007, 06:55:47 PM »

Thanks for the heads up, Jacques.  Actually I'm happy about this as I won't be seeing as many around here!   :bananarock:  -Steve

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2007, 11:56:43 PM »

Rhino

Ronnie,

Answer this for me no excuses here please the last time we took the 110's out did you pass me in the 3 runs we made.
Correct answer is no you didn't.

tonight did you out run the 103
Correct answer no you didnt.

Roadking we won't even bring into this, so please continue to lure Chip into a false sense of security he believes I got nothing for him and that is fine with me.

Back to our regular scheduled programming.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 12:01:27 AM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2007, 12:15:07 AM »

Black Hills HD claims that the 105 anniversary USE I'm getting is the only one they will see.  The thing I don't understand is that with 600 and some Harley dealers in the states and 1800 of these bikes, that would work out to almost 3 per dealer.  Maybe I'm wrong here, but I was under the assumption that SE bikes were only for sale in the U.S. -Steve

Whew, where did you get that weird notion, check the member list, ther's guys from all over the world here!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 12:37:09 AM by Bungy »
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Rhino

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2007, 05:28:51 PM »

Ronnie,

Answer this for me no excuses here please the last time we took the 110's out did you pass me in the 3 runs we made.
Correct answer is no you didn't.
Correct Answer is neither did you.

tonight did you out run the 103
Correct answer no you didnt.
Agreed, I stayed home tonight.

Roadking we won't even bring into this, so please continue to lure Chip into a false sense of security he believes I got nothing for him and that is fine with me.
Will do Boss!!

Back to our regular scheduled programming.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2007, 06:03:59 PM »

Look at the V-Rod bagger in the latest issue of American Bagger. Read the name of the builder. He's the #1 wrench at San Diego H-D and someone I trust a lot. While you'll never get Jimmy to say anything bad about any H-D product, what he said was the 103 was a better motor and if he had 110 he'd punch it out to 113. End of story. No new bike in B B's stable this year.

B B

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2007, 07:18:31 PM »

Hey Big B, does that solve the 110 gasket problem?   :P -Just kidding.  -Retail& Steve

Rhino

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2007, 07:28:10 PM »

Correct me if I am wrong, but I heard that the CVO FLHTCUSE3 is now going to be numbering 4100, with over 12,000 CVO bikes this 08 year total plus>
Rhino

Sorry Steve ! ;)

I know not the average of the CVO exported but if it's 50% , I'll be not surprised !

Jacques

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 21 queries.