Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: official state invertebrate  (Read 3702 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
official state invertebrate
« on: August 27, 2007, 03:03:29 AM »

An announcement out of Jefferson City, MO, the state capital.  Beginning Tuesday legislation will go in to force making crawfish the official state invertebrate.  I can not fathom what lobbying interest is served by creating an official state invertebrate.  But there must be one....
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 03:06:17 AM by Twolanerider »

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
Re: official state invertebrate
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 09:44:47 AM »

Thats funny.  I thought our state representatives were the offical state invertebrates!   :bananarock:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 09:48:19 AM »

An announcement out of Jefferson City, MO, the state capital.  Beginning Tuesday legislation will go in to force making crawfish the official state invertebrate.  I can not fathom what lobbying interest is served by creating an official state invertebrate.  But there must be one....

Possibly it's just professional courtesy - MO invertebrate lobbyists and legislators recognizing one of their closest cousins, also an invertebrate.

Or, lobbyists & legislators met deep down in the muck & mud and got along so well with the crawfish, their intellectual superiors, they decided to make them official to keep them quiet.   :nixweiss:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 12:32:48 PM »

It would be real sad if they try and make it illegal to catch/eat the official state invertebrate.

twincam

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 03:52:33 PM »

hmmmm, must be something to do with the way those folks act when caught at something ...... they crawfish!!!!!!

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 04:19:37 PM »

I got nothin

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 04:22:58 PM »

If the legislators at all levels of government would take care of the important business of "we the people", and leave the frivolous/meaningless junk like this alone, we could probably make all legislative jobs what they were originally;  part time jobs.  Biggest mistake in the history of the country, IMHO, was allowing the legislative branch to become a full time (and in many cases lifetime) job.

BTW - pardon my ignorance, but what the heck do crawfish have to do with Missouri?  I thought that was a gulf coast thing, which would make it a great candidate for official state invertebrate for Louisiana.  I hope this doesn't start a big interstate brouhaha. :confused5:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

twincam

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 04:26:50 PM »

in LA there crawfish, in AR they are crawdads, so what are they in MO????

charlie

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 06:12:17 PM »

I got nothing either.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 12:32:50 AM »

in LA there crawfish, in AR they are crawdads, so what are they in MO????

This is one of those things that make no sense.  They're all crayfish.  But they're also called crawfish and crawdads.  Further north you go the more they seem to be called crayfish.  Further south you go the more they seem to be called crawfish.  Crawdads seems more in the middle.  Except, apparently, for Missouri legislators who can get neither descriptoin nor local custom correct and still grab the regionally least common usage.  So what are they?  Good eating in an etouffee; that's what.  And now they're a state freaking law.....

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 08:46:54 PM »

I've got it. Bait, the damn things are bait. Smallies dig em more than fish f'n. Bait, the state invert is bait.

:nixweiss:    WTF?    :nixweiss:

twincam

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 09:26:46 PM »

we have a winner!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 11:01:30 PM »

I've got it. Bait, the damn things are bait. Smallies dig em more than fish f'n. Bait, the state invert is bait.

:nixweiss:    WTF?    :nixweiss:

That's affirmed  :huepfenlol2: !

ok, don't gag, but shelled back right they don't make a bad pizza topping either

twincam

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 11:31:32 PM »

once when I lived in New Orleans, I brought 100 pounds of the critters home to have a boil in LR,AR at my moms house, I arrived about 2 am and with her asleep, took them in her bathroom dumped in her bathtub and poured in salt to purge the little buggers for the next days party, well ma woke up around 4 am and had to go to the bathroom, she didn't turn the light on, till she heard this strange clicking sound.......... they heard ma screamin for miles when she turned on the light!!! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 11:50:09 PM »

once when I lived in New Orleans, I brought 100 pounds of the critters home to have a boil in LR,AR at my moms house, I arrived about 2 am and with her asleep, took them in her bathroom dumped in her bathtub and poured in salt to purge the little buggers for the next days party, well ma woke up around 4 am and had to go to the bathroom, she didn't turn the light on, till she heard this strange clicking sound.......... they heard ma screamin for miles when she turned on the light!!! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

oh geez, I think I just sprained a lung  :huepfenlol2:
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.