Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ever Notice.................  (Read 2710 times)

REGGAB

Ever Notice.................
« on: September 22, 2007, 11:03:29 PM »

...............how much easier it is to clean any bike other than an FD?  I had the Sporty out today.  Sometimes I think if I didn't have that thing to tie me over until the SEUC is done, that I'd be locked away in a straight jacket in a padded cell in some asylum in the middle of nowhere with shrinks trying to dissect my already warped mind.  Anyway, 10 minutes ago, I went out to the garage and wiped it down.  Clean as a whistle.  I've spent up to a day and in most cases, no less than two hours cleaning the SEUC.  WOW!  Now that's nice..............BUT..............I can stay on the SEUC all day long and then some.  After about 30 minutes, I gotta get off the Sporty.  Tradeoffs.  I love this!!!  Gotta love that Bright Max 6S.  When used on top of Glare, the bike really gleams.

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
Re: Ever Notice.................
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 12:05:22 AM »

I thought my Roadking was a pain, but the new Ultra really sucks!! :cry2: :cry2: Plus that it's black doesn't help either!! :confused5: I am going to have it painted this winter, either the harley orange or maybe a bright turquoise, havn't decided yet! :nixweiss: But either way, the color will be lighter so it will be easier to keep clean!! :smart:

Later
                                                                 MIKE :coolblue:

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 08:52:25 AM »

yeah, you need fingers like "Stretch" from the Fantastic Four to clean the thing.  I took the saddle bags off two weeks ago and was mortified at how dirty everything behind them was.  I keep mine superficially clean because I like riding WAY more than cleaning.  I've seen my rear rim only a couple times.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 04:29:55 PM »

Over the years I've finally accepted the way to keep a nice HD full dresser looking sharp.  Ride for one hour- clean for one hour.  Kind of like life over 50, it's 90% maintenance.  Brush your teeth, comb your hair, brush your shoes, wash your face, trim your nails, shave your face.  -Don't forget to trim the nostril and ear hair.  Also, don't forget to clean your reading glasses, all 8 pair of them lying around the house.  Now when you're done with this, it's time for your bowl of oatmeal!  But then, a nice bike ride.  (Right after taking my Metamucil).
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 10:37:23 PM »

Over the years I've finally accepted the way to keep a nice HD full dresser looking sharp.  Ride for one hour- clean for one hour.  Kind of like life over 50, it's 90% maintenance.  Brush your teeth, comb your hair, brush your shoes, wash your face, trim your nails, shave your face.  -Don't forget to trim the nostril and ear hair.  Also, don't forget to clean your reading glasses, all 8 pair of them lying around the house.  Now when you're done with this, it's time for your bowl of oatmeal!  But then, a nice bike ride.  (Right after taking my Metamucil).

Yep, that's about right

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 08:53:23 AM »

This so true.  What to wear? what to bring?  pills, sunblock.  I'm always amazed at the young dudes on their way to a week or weekend that don't carry anything except a hot chick that's willing to ride on the paint of the rear fender on a rigid.

It's all about age I guess.

I work with a colleague you says "if you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts you are dead"
Any day on the bike is a good day.

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 05:31:49 PM »

We must be the same age!
 :-\

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Bonehead

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 Black/Orange CUSE
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 11:58:55 PM »

The bad thing is that rust is very impatient. It won't wait on you to get around to cleaning before it does it's bad deed. I hate to clean the CUSE2 but damn, it sure is impressive when I do. I also have a Sporty and a Heritage and the Sporty gets ridden to work all week. I can clean that beotch in a sec.

REGGAB

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 05:08:11 AM »

The bad thing is that rust is very impatient. It won't wait on you to get around to cleaning before it does it's bad deed. I hate to clean the CUSE2 but damn, it sure is impressive when I do. I also have a Sporty and a Heritage and the Sporty gets ridden to work all week. I can clean that beotch in a sec.

Exactly.  The Sporty is a blast to ride back and forth to work.  And cleanup when I get home takes less than 10 minutes.

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.