Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Help me to take a decision!!!  (Read 4890 times)

Hotmetal2

• Junior CVO Member
  • Ride, Ride and Ride
Help me to take a decision!!!
« on: March 02, 2005, 12:18:12 PM »

Hi all, I'm new in the Harley World. Last december I ordered an FLHTCI Lava Red and I should have it in April!! Anyway, I don't need it before April because here in Qu

mfgreen

Re: Help me to take a decision!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 12:30:55 PM »

Hi all, I'm new in the Harley World. Last december I ordered an FLHTCI Lava Red and I should have it in April!! Anyway, I don't need it before April because here in Qu

Dirt Bagger

• Junior CVO Member
  • Keep The Shiny Side Up!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 12:42:50 PM »

Hotmetal2,

Looks like you already made the choice!  I see the [bgcolor=Yellow]YELLOW[/bgcolor] picture there.  Anyway,  these bikes are a whole lot of fun! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Welcome to the site.

[bgcolor=Orange]Dirt Bagger[/bgcolor]

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 12:59:41 PM »

1st of all welcome to the site....2nd of all GET THE SEEG (if you can afford it). You will not be disappointed. As MFG stated don't be scared of the Yellow. I think it will have a great resale value, but that won't matter because you won't want to ever get rid of it.

Hotmetal2

• Junior CVO Member
  • Ride, Ride and Ride
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 01:57:58 PM »

Thanks all for your replies,

Dirt Bagger .... no I didn't make my choice yet. Right now, I have the 2 bikes reserved!! The picture represents the temptation!!!

Just have to make my mind!!

Special color for special bike [smiley=thinking.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 02:16:07 PM »

« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 02:17:33 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 02:43:06 PM »

Unfortunately Hotmetal you are probably on the wrong site if you want an UNbiased opinion. The majority of the members here are CVO owners and from my experience, we are mostly quite satisfied with our purchases. The CVO line offers what I believe to be a nicely modified HD at a discount price. For what I got for 30k ('04 SE Electric Glide) I couldn't buy a stock HD and add compareable mods for the same money. 103" motor, billet chrome mag wheels, custom paint, lots of chrome. So I believe it was a real BAHGEN!!! [smiley=bigok.gif]
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

Dirt Bagger

• Junior CVO Member
  • Keep The Shiny Side Up!
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 03:43:19 PM »

Another thought... the [bgcolor=Yellow]sunshine yellow[/bgcolor]will melt the snow before you.  Ya, you could ride the SEEG all year round in the Great North! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hotmetal2

• Junior CVO Member
  • Ride, Ride and Ride
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 03:46:14 PM »

O' Fender,

The problem ... there is no UNbiased Forum!!! Some people were biaised too! I had comments like:
- The SE edition is more stripped than the FLHTCI
- Many dealers will not accept to trade yellow bike.
- It cost less to buy a Standard and to add stuff after
- You will never have the pleasure to personalize you bike ... OR
- Anyway you will put a lot of money to personalize your bike ... better to start from a standard.
- Twin 88 is a lot more reliable than twin 103 because there are few of it ...

Is that coming from UNbiased forum? [smiley=oops.gif]

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 04:03:50 PM »

O' Fender,

The problem ... there is no UNbiased Forum!!! Some people were biaised too! I had comments like:
- Anyway you will put a lot of money to personalize your bike ... better to start from a standard.

My response to those comments are as follows:
1) The SEEG started as FLHTCI and has more basic options (better stereo, cruise control, more chrome, braided cables, internal wiring, billet billet and more billet [oh yeah billet is better] lower fairings) did I miss anything?
2) I never heard of a dealer that was color biased and better to resell then trade up!!!
3) NO NO NO you could not add the items included, even if you could buy the parts at cost!!!
4) trust me, you will still personalise your scooter, read some posts here!!!
5) What's a few? haven't heard of any major failiures from 103 owners in fact I have owned both an 88 and a 103 the 103 creates much larger grins!!!

[smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 04:09:36 PM by the_ofender »
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

mfgreen

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 04:12:19 PM »

O' Fender,

This is MFG,
I would like to address  these things here and now.

The SE edition is more stripped than the FLHTCI
The paint, chrome and motor are not a definition of stripped.

Many dealers will not accept to trade yellow bike.
They haven't started delivering them number one. And number two, name the dealers that will not trade you for a Yellow Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide and I will guarantee you they have the same eyesight as RAY Charles.

It cost less to buy a Standard and to add stuff after
Yes it costs less to buy a lesser bike.......A CVO is a CVO and not a clone, not a wannabe, not a rice rocket and not for the weak of heart.  You cannot make a CVO. CVOs are made by H-D.  You can only augment, personalize and embellish your purchase.  This is what you would do with any bike.

Anyway you will put a lot of money to personalize your bike ... better to start from a standard.
Funny how folks will try to drag you down.  Tell 'em to get out of your way that you recognize what you want is better than standard.

Twin 88 is a lot more reliable than twin 103 because there are few of it
The 103 is a TC88.  It is bored with the 1550 big bore kit and stroked with the stroker kit right from the factory and you can get the extended factory warranty with it.  
Quit listening to folks without vision for purposes of guiding your life and it's pursuit of happiness.

Mike

RRSteve

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 06:47:17 PM »

One other point I would like to make. You spend all that money on a Classic or an Ultra trying to make it what you want. Then you decide to trade it in or sell it. The first thing they look at is what the book value is on the bike. Guess what, the book says the bike is an Ultra or a Classic and the value is established based on the original msrp. You may get a fraction of the money you put in those expensive parts you installed but probably not from a dealer on trade in. The same scenario with the SEEG, would have them looking in the book and seeing that the original msrp was $30k. Again the used value would be based on msrp. Even if you built a lesser bike to be the equal or better than the SEEG the SEEG will always bring more money used.

Darrellh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2005, 07:17:57 PM »

I had a 03 Ultra that I tried to turn into a SEEG c/w a 103 build. Now I have the black/blue 04 SEEG that again I have customized to a ridiculous level. (It's an addiction for me). Having done both bikes I can tell you there is no comparison, not even close, in cost between them. The SEEG is much better value and will not only save you money and a lot of time, it will also be more reliable in the end.
Darrell

ido911s

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2005, 09:07:03 PM »

You might as well go for it!! I struggled with the same question and finally decided it will probably be an awesome color! The more I've thought about it the moe pleased I am with my decision. I'm told my bike will be in in April and I plan on taking lots of pictures of it and posting them here so people can decide for themselves. Everybody on this site is pretty supportive so why not just do it. Best of luck

Steve

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2005, 09:36:18 PM »

Snatch up the banana!  You won't regret it.  The SEEGS are the best there is!
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.