Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: HD Chopper in 2006  (Read 7185 times)

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2004  SE-103          ROAD KING CLASSIC
Re: HD Chopper in 2006
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2005, 01:41:14 PM »

What a suprise... NOT in any way affiliated with, nor supported by the Harley-Davidson Motor Company!  
not that it matters, but they have to say that so that hd has no liabillity.
it's a business issue.
when you have a chance, go see one of these bikes. then tell me that hd has no affiliation with them.
all off a sudden hd is letting bike builders use their parts? and financing different bikes.
i don't think so.
the more off these bikes produced the more we will learn.

2004 flhrci se-103 pearl white
bassani true duals w/ho mufflers
se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers
2008 lincoln mark lt(silver)

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2005, 02:11:42 PM »

I was reading this thread and then went to the Thunder Mtn Custom Cycles site and read the WHOLE ad.

Hello, Hello!!!!!!!

Thank you Naitram for paying attention!

Just another clone!!!!!!!!!!!!

A wannabe in a Harley dealership is all it is.

And that "All of sudden, Harley is letting is letting bike builders use their parts" comment!

Just ask Eric Buell where his parts came from 20 years ago!
Yes I said 20 years!

And the only warranty on the Thunder Mtn bikes is from Thunder Mtn., not H/D!

And now I must say that if someone wants a Thunder Mtn. Custom Cycle then go for it, just remember the title doesn't say Harley

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2005, 02:15:17 PM »

A local dealer has been carrying them for a few years , they are nice for those who want a "turn-key custom "  . To each his own , I'd rather start with a real Harley and customize it my self .
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Pumpkin
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2005, 02:40:23 PM »

What a suprise... NOT in any way affiliated with, nor supported by the Harley-Davidson Motor Company!

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2005, 03:32:29 PM »

DJW
You nailed this one.
And Kng remember, you may not like the message but DON'T kill the messenger!

Hope that doesn't hurt  kng103's feelings. He seems like a good fellow.
Besides I was hoping to roll with his Roadking!
"For research purposes only"

Cause you know!

A man can never have to much horsepower! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 03:34:18 PM by hd2003-se2005 »

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2005, 01:11:09 AM »

for reference form their own web site.....

MISSION STATEMENT

.....Thunder Mountain Custom Cycles, Inc. is dedicated to meeting market demand for a limited number of high quality customized motorcycles. Although Harley-Davidson engines, transmissions and other original Harley-Davidson components are utilized in the production of our motorcycles, we are an independently owned and operated company. Thunder Mountain Custom Cycles, Inc. is NOT in any way affiliated with, nor supported by the Harley-Davidson Motor Company.

WARRANTY

Thunder Mountain Custom Cycles is backed by our one year warranty. Extended warranties are available up to 5 years.

You guys nailed it..they have never been and never will be Harleys...they are Not titled as Harleys. Companies been using H-D parts for years to build bikes. They don't need permission, they buy parts just like we all do at the counter. They may have a commercial discount. Getting back to the original post, I would like to see what H-D comes up with, got to think it would be better than Thunder whatever. I heard that they have a totally new touring bike in the works. Probably 07...supposed to be unlike anything they have now... a radiator comes to mind..V-Rod mill? Anybody else heard about it? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

mfgreen

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2005, 02:04:03 AM »

Are Thunder Mountain Custom Cycles easy to finance?

Financing a TMC Cycle is no different than financing a typical Harley-Davidson motorcycle.

What kind of warranty is included in the sale of a TMC Cycle if an additional warranty is not purchased?

Each TMC Cycle comes with a one year, unlimited mileage TMC Cycle factory warranty. Additional extended service warranties are available.

Is customer liability insurance available on a TMC Cycle?

Customer liability insurance on aTMC Cycle is available through most major insurance carriers.

How are TMC Cycles titled?

Each TMC Cycle has a federally conforming vehicle identification number and is titled as a Thunder Mountain Custom Cycle.

Are TMCCycles purchased fully assembled?

All TMC Cycles are purchased fully assembled and delivered ready to ride with no additional set-up required.

Will any independent, franchised Harley-Davidson Service Department be able to diagnose and work on a TMC Cycle?

Since primarily genuine Harley-Davidson parts and accessories are used to build a TMCCycle difficulties can be diagnosed by using Harley-Davidson schematics and modules.

What does a TMC Cycle start out as?

TMC Cycles are assembled on an exclusive frame custom built to our specifications. Each motorcycle is hand-assembled by master technicians using primarily Harley-Davidson components.

What kind of engine is in a TMC Cycle?

Factory Harley-Davidson Twin Cam 103B engines power all TMC Cycles. All models are available either fuel injected or carbureted.

What are the rake and stretch on a TMC Cycle?

The Blackhawk 240 models all have a 38 degree rake with with a 2 inch stretch in the down tubes.

Who does the custom paint for TMC Cycles?

TMC Cycles has its own in-house  artists that do all the custom paintwork. If any paint repairs are needed, the original artist will be available to do the work.

Can TMC Cycles be further accessorized?

Since primarily genuine Harley-Davidson components are used, most genuine Harley-Davidson parts and accessories will fit on a TMC Cycle.

Thunder Mountain Custom Cycles, hand-crafted in Loveland, Colorado, are sold exclusively at preferred Harley-Davidson Dealerships throughout the country. For exceptional quality and in the tradition of true Harley-Davidson spirit, Thunder Mountain Customs are comprised of predominantly Harley-Davidson parts including the engine, transmission, wiring, switches and harnesses.

Spanning back to 1999, Thunder Mountain began production of top-of-the-line motorcycles and will produce more than 1,400 exceptional bikes this year alone. These custom choppers appeal to motorcycle enthusiasts from all over the United States, specifically the portion of the market that prefers a custom motorcycle, a distinctive expression of their individuality and character.

Thunder Mountain Custom Cycles has added some new and exciting changes to their new line of choppers for 2005 including cutting-edge custom paint designs, additional chrome options, and the all powerful 103 cubic inch Screamin

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2005, 07:51:06 AM »

Tonys,

My source mentioned water-cooled bagger too.  But that group of "in" people must be smaller.  He didn't have much detail, but thought it not to be v-rod based.  An actual water-cooled 1450 (or bigger) motor. He said not this year... he thought 08.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

syclone

• Full CVO Member
  • IF YA CANT AFFORD TO BREAK IT-- DONT RIDE IT
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2005, 10:49:10 AM »

This thread started as "Harley to build a chopper in '06" then took a turn. If H-D were to build a fat tired bike it certainly wouldnt be on a Wide Glide frame.  So ...Harley Does not build a chopper or pro street bike (240-250 tire) with an Air cooled v-Twin until it's in the product catalog, on their web site and has an H-D vin number. End of story.
Just my opinon......I could be wrong

'05 SEEG  114"  all bore motor

04 night train 95" 10.5:1 KBs,ported and decked heads, tw55g cams,rollers,3.37,44cv
01 Dyna,95" ported SE heads,wood t

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2005, 11:45:13 AM »

You're right, AND you're wrong....  [smiley=confused5.gif]

H-D does not make a chopper at this moment.... Sorry kng.  [smiley=cry2.gif]

The information I posted was based on good authority.  I have better things to do with my time than spread silly rumors on the internet, and I do not post messages because I have nothing better to do.  I was simply attempting to share what I felt was interesting and somewhat good trivia...  I cannot fully say what I know as it'll certainly cost someone their job (silly non-disclosure agreements).  The fact is there IS a H-D mass production "chopper" project based on the Wide Glide scheduled for release for 06.  If it were to not happen I couldn't explain that...  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] all I know is it's done and it's due out in August.

I think you/we had better re-think the defnition of a chopper.  You say that I am wrong based solely on the fact that a 250 tire WG couldn't happen... you are correct that this combo wouldn't work.  But what you are incorrect about is WHAT a "chopper" is.  A 250, or a 300 tire does NOT make a bike a chopper (nor does a long fork)... and in the same respect, one is not needed to be one.  I believe we'll see a 200 tire, and a mild rake bike (that everyone will bitch "that aint a real chopper, the tires too small and the fork's too short").  Nonetheless, it will be as much of a "chopper" as any other.  Remember?  HD thinks 180 is a "wide" tire.... You need to stop the Teutel thinking.  Those aren't choppers in the truest sense of the word.   [smiley=dunce2.gif]  IMHO

Did this man make some of the greatest choppers ever? ? ?  I believe so!  Did he ever use anything larger than a 180 tire? ? ? .... I think NOT!  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2005, 11:58:07 AM »

Chopper...chopping up an existing bike to remove excess weight and customize?

Seems an oxymoron to make a production chopper.

Yes, I understand that chopper now evokes images of raked front ends, low seats and loud pipes...

/Bill
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 12:03:45 PM by WFP »
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2005, 11:58:15 AM »

I forgot to say... maybe it'll be the next CVO
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 12:09:34 PM by DJW »

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2005, 12:29:13 PM »

DJW..Right on! and as far as OCC choppers, they are beautiful but not all are comfortable rides...friend has one...and the Big Dog bikes with the fat tires...I love the look..almost bought one...thank God I bought the SEEG...several guys I know would like to trade their custom choppers for a bike that is more suited to longer trips...so I think if H-D does a chopper, it will be with that in mind..wide glide front end...probably a soft tail frame...extend the forks a bit...hopefully a 95 or 103 and a custom type paint scheme...but it will be rideable. JMHO  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2005, 01:55:10 PM »

Sorry guys you are all a little late with the breakin' news (25 years) but HD qualified their first factory chopper a few years ago!! 1980
Then in 1984 they took it a step further with the all new Softtail with the Evolution engine.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 02:01:05 PM by the_ofender »
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2005, 02:02:10 PM »

'84 softail, notice the kick starter, back in the day they used those to start the engine!!!
It seperated the men from the boys [smiley=laugh.gif]
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 02:05:52 PM by the_ofender »
2020 Scorched Orange Limited
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.