Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: blacked out  (Read 8907 times)

microwave

blacked out
« on: March 21, 2005, 03:36:12 AM »

enginge case and trans case need to be blacked out on cvo  [smiley=worthless.gif]what do you think?
got beer?

mackcr

• Junior CVO Member
Re: blacked out
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 09:41:43 AM »

At first I liked the siver finish om my SERK. But after geting a few stains on the finish that I can't get out, I would now prefer the black finish.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 09:48:58 AM »

At first I liked the siver finish om my SERK. But after geting a few stains on the finish that I can't get out, I would now prefer the black finish.

Agreed; I like the black finish [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 10:58:02 AM »

I would have preferred black too.
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 11:39:27 AM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh mackcr,
 My views on this subject will be challenged by some, because my '02 FLHTCUI, is not a product of the MoCo's "Custom Vehicle Operations."  However, the "Silver Motor Only" was a deciding factor in the choice I made, along with the Models that were available in '02.  I like my "Black Motor", especially when it hasn't been passed by any CVO to date!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]  Put that in your "Bolt-on Harley Parts", SHRADER, and see if you can catch me!! [smiley=1syellow1.gif]  Later--HUBBARD      
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 12:11:37 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh mackcr,

« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 12:37:08 PM by Mrs._WeCVO »

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 04:37:10 PM »

Hubbard

Since you brought up the power of your bike, please don't take offense to my below comment.

One of the original post concerning your bike was by either Otis or Shrader that stated that you had spent over sixty thousand dollars on your bike.  I will always remember you when I hear your name as the man that has definately paid the price to go fast.

I just pulled up the Kelly Blue Book value on your bike. I keyed in retail cost which we all know is a joke because hardly anyone pays dealer retail for a used bike. As of today it is worth $17,420.00.   Okay $60,000.00 - $17,420.00 = $42,580.00. Lets say you keep maybe $5,000.00 worth of items you added  to put on your next bike.

$42,580.00 - $5,000.00 = $37,580.00.

So the way I see it, you have  paid an extra $37,580.00 to out run Otis, Shrader and those dreaded CVO bikes.  My thought on that is "GO FOR IT MAN!", your have paid for that right. Speed cost and you have have definately spent the money to get it.

So my real point is this. Quit bragging about what you have. Any man (or woman) on this board that understands speed also understands the cost that has to be paid for it.  I would bet that even "you", knowing what you know now, would spend only half as much on your next bike and probably go even faster. I believe that about you because your enough like me that you learn from others and you  learn from your own mistakes.  As you said you don't mind spending money, you just don't like wasting it.

So just "Chill" and give the fine people here a chance to appreciate you and your bike!
Otis and Sharader can't both be wrong about you. We will appreciate you if you let us!

Two important things to remember,
A man can never have to much horsepower.
And it's not a CVO bike unless it is.

Look forward to meeting you at the CVO rally!

Chip
And remember it wasn't me that said you had 60k in your bike,
I'm just trying to put your "power" in perspective.

regal1945

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 05:07:58 PM »

Holly S%$#, 60 g's?????? Someone needs help. MHO

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 06:05:48 PM »

enginge case and trans case need to be blacked out on cvo

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2005, 07:01:38 PM »

I think the engine case and trans case should be key'ed to the color of the frame, my frame is red what do you think?

That would be a lot of RED!! [smiley=shocked2.gif]. But might look good [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2005, 08:31:29 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen please,

How dare we question the foresight and vision of Willie G and the rest of the MoCo who chose to make our engines silver. I actually think the silver/chrome is cool as sh#$ in these days when most bikes are black/chrome. What I really wish is that H-D would polish the engines in CVO's. Now that would be to coin a phase from brother OTIS REALLY, REALLY, REALLY cool.

HUBBARD what do you mean MAUDIE ain't been passed by any CVO?  Seems to me that I recall that OTIS the bike with OTIS the person on board is the reason you got 60K in the bike. What's up?

Please advise
SHRADER
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2005, 08:33:37 PM »

Hubbard

Since you brought up the power of your bike, please don't take offense to my below comment.

One of the original post concerning your bike was by either Otis or Shrader that stated that you had spent over sixty thousand dollars on your bike.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2005, 08:36:03 PM »

It's going to get big!!

Otis        [smiley=bigok.gif]
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2005, 08:53:18 PM »

Otis

When the time is right I will probably roll on with Hubbard. Not sure if I can out-run the bike but I'm betting I can out-run the man.

But you Otis scare me. I have a lot of respect for the man that quietly sits there and waits till the time is right.

I got a feeling when you race, your biggest competition is yourself, not the other guy.
The other guy is just confirmation that you have done your homework!

Later!

dakota

• Junior CVO Member
  • Finally!!
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2005, 09:11:14 PM »

Hey Hub, Instead of puttin' 60K in a Harley to make it run 130mph, why not spend 11k for a Suzuki that will run 200mpn out of the box?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 09:12:38 PM by dakota »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.