Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Author Topic: blacked out  (Read 8908 times)

microwave

blacked out
« on: March 21, 2005, 03:36:12 AM »

enginge case and trans case need to be blacked out on cvo  [smiley=worthless.gif]what do you think?
got beer?

mackcr

• Junior CVO Member
Re: blacked out
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 09:41:43 AM »

At first I liked the siver finish om my SERK. But after geting a few stains on the finish that I can't get out, I would now prefer the black finish.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 09:48:58 AM »

At first I liked the siver finish om my SERK. But after geting a few stains on the finish that I can't get out, I would now prefer the black finish.

Agreed; I like the black finish [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 10:58:02 AM »

I would have preferred black too.
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 11:39:27 AM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh mackcr,
 My views on this subject will be challenged by some, because my '02 FLHTCUI, is not a product of the MoCo's "Custom Vehicle Operations."  However, the "Silver Motor Only" was a deciding factor in the choice I made, along with the Models that were available in '02.  I like my "Black Motor", especially when it hasn't been passed by any CVO to date!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]  Put that in your "Bolt-on Harley Parts", SHRADER, and see if you can catch me!! [smiley=1syellow1.gif]  Later--HUBBARD      
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 12:11:37 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh mackcr,

« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 12:37:08 PM by Mrs._WeCVO »

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 04:37:10 PM »

Hubbard

Since you brought up the power of your bike, please don't take offense to my below comment.

One of the original post concerning your bike was by either Otis or Shrader that stated that you had spent over sixty thousand dollars on your bike.  I will always remember you when I hear your name as the man that has definately paid the price to go fast.

I just pulled up the Kelly Blue Book value on your bike. I keyed in retail cost which we all know is a joke because hardly anyone pays dealer retail for a used bike. As of today it is worth $17,420.00.   Okay $60,000.00 - $17,420.00 = $42,580.00. Lets say you keep maybe $5,000.00 worth of items you added  to put on your next bike.

$42,580.00 - $5,000.00 = $37,580.00.

So the way I see it, you have  paid an extra $37,580.00 to out run Otis, Shrader and those dreaded CVO bikes.  My thought on that is "GO FOR IT MAN!", your have paid for that right. Speed cost and you have have definately spent the money to get it.

So my real point is this. Quit bragging about what you have. Any man (or woman) on this board that understands speed also understands the cost that has to be paid for it.  I would bet that even "you", knowing what you know now, would spend only half as much on your next bike and probably go even faster. I believe that about you because your enough like me that you learn from others and you  learn from your own mistakes.  As you said you don't mind spending money, you just don't like wasting it.

So just "Chill" and give the fine people here a chance to appreciate you and your bike!
Otis and Sharader can't both be wrong about you. We will appreciate you if you let us!

Two important things to remember,
A man can never have to much horsepower.
And it's not a CVO bike unless it is.

Look forward to meeting you at the CVO rally!

Chip
And remember it wasn't me that said you had 60k in your bike,
I'm just trying to put your "power" in perspective.

regal1945

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 05:07:58 PM »

Holly S%$#, 60 g's?????? Someone needs help. MHO

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 06:05:48 PM »

enginge case and trans case need to be blacked out on cvo

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2005, 07:01:38 PM »

I think the engine case and trans case should be key'ed to the color of the frame, my frame is red what do you think?

That would be a lot of RED!! [smiley=shocked2.gif]. But might look good [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2005, 08:31:29 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen please,

How dare we question the foresight and vision of Willie G and the rest of the MoCo who chose to make our engines silver. I actually think the silver/chrome is cool as sh#$ in these days when most bikes are black/chrome. What I really wish is that H-D would polish the engines in CVO's. Now that would be to coin a phase from brother OTIS REALLY, REALLY, REALLY cool.

HUBBARD what do you mean MAUDIE ain't been passed by any CVO?  Seems to me that I recall that OTIS the bike with OTIS the person on board is the reason you got 60K in the bike. What's up?

Please advise
SHRADER
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2005, 08:33:37 PM »

Hubbard

Since you brought up the power of your bike, please don't take offense to my below comment.

One of the original post concerning your bike was by either Otis or Shrader that stated that you had spent over sixty thousand dollars on your bike.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2005, 08:36:03 PM »

It's going to get big!!

Otis        [smiley=bigok.gif]
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2005, 08:53:18 PM »

Otis

When the time is right I will probably roll on with Hubbard. Not sure if I can out-run the bike but I'm betting I can out-run the man.

But you Otis scare me. I have a lot of respect for the man that quietly sits there and waits till the time is right.

I got a feeling when you race, your biggest competition is yourself, not the other guy.
The other guy is just confirmation that you have done your homework!

Later!

dakota

• Junior CVO Member
  • Finally!!
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2005, 09:11:14 PM »

Hey Hub, Instead of puttin' 60K in a Harley to make it run 130mph, why not spend 11k for a Suzuki that will run 200mpn out of the box?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 09:12:38 PM by dakota »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2005, 09:49:45 PM »

Hey Hub, Instead of puttin' 60K in a Harley to make it run 130mph, why not spend 11k for a Suzuki that will run 200mpn out of the box?

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2005, 10:08:46 PM »

Your right TwoLane

Hell, I sold my Hayabusa because it saw 175 WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to many times.
And still had plenty left. I just developed a bad case of TWB's when riding it.
So I bought the Lowrider to slow down!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2005, 01:01:06 AM »

Your right TwoLane

Hell, I sold my Hayabusa because it saw 175 WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to many times.
And still had plenty left. I just developed a bad case of TWB's when riding it.
So I bought the Lowrider to slow down!

Watched two idiots very quickly come to blows one night as we walked out of a drinking establishment with several bikes lined up out front.  A kid only just barely old enough to enter was being razzed about his Suzuki by a large guy on a Lowrider.  The Harley rider was commenting on the sewing machine quality of the buzzing sound he bikes engine note carried.  I'm impressed by anything that burns gasoline and has a redline of 12k.  But the large guy wasn't.  He razzed the kid only until the point that the kid responded by saying he'd rather ride a sewing machine than a "Slowrider."  That turned out to be enough to start things that night.....

Since I didn't know either of them I went back inside and drank one more beverage before leaving.

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 14 years and still got her
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2005, 09:27:28 AM »

Exactly why I bought a bagger. I can cruise in style and live longer. Still have my ST1300 and always cruised at 90-100 mph. Just a matter of time before a deer or a farmer pulling out on a road would have snuffed me out. Had a gravel truck pull out on me once and I was on him in seconds with a car coming as well. Had no choice but to give'er and go in between. Just to dangerous to be doing that.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 09:28:16 AM by Bad_Ass_2 »
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
6 speed tranny,regeared primary and secondary,
SE slip on pipes, K&M Kit, remap ECM
Chrome - inner primary, starter, front calipers, thunderstar sprocket, headlamp and signal light trim, all chrome bolt kits
L

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2005, 10:55:38 AM »

Exactly why I bought a bagger. I can cruise in style and live longer. Still have my ST1300 and always cruised at 90-100 mph. Just a matter of time before a deer or a farmer pulling out on a road would have snuffed me out. Had a gravel truck pull out on me once and I was on him in seconds with a car coming as well. Had no choice but to give'er and go in between. Just to dangerous to be doing that.

O yea..been there... [smiley=shocked2.gif]...especially as you get a little older ..for me comfort wins...course ya gotta be able to go fast too. I was ready to plunk a lot of $ into my 03 Ultra to get 100+ hp...plus all the custom goodies...when I saw the SEEG, it was a no brainer...so now Im thinkin a few bucks for a little extra HP wouldn't hurt [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2005, 11:07:27 AM »

Don't think you will get challenged as it seems most everyone agrees with you.
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2005, 12:54:30 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh hd2003-se2005,
 OK man, here we go again.  I appreciate your concern about my decisions on how I spend my money, but you needn't fret about it.  Shrader doesn't have a clue as to how much capital I've invested in my Bagger.  However, I can assure you, if I had purchased it from his place of employment, and had them do all the modifications, it would far exceed his estimate of my financial exposure in this particular unit!  As for the Kelley Blue Book, that is only a guide for Lending Institutions and Insurance Adjusters.  A Motorsickle, or anything you sell for that matter, is worth exactly what you get out of it.  Case in point:  When my new '02 FLHTCUI came in on October 20, 2001, I sold my 1989 FLHTCU, for $20,000.00.  That's what I wanted. That's what I got.  If I ever decide to sell my '02 FLHTCUI, I'll get what I want, or I simply will not sell it!  Then, there is always the question of the pleasure I get from the wind in my face.  What's that worth?  That part of Life is worth untold value to me.  Bragging is such an ugly word, hd2003.  I apologize if my "Ribbing Remarks" aimed directly at SHRADER and OTIS, whom I consider my True Friends, offended anyone on this FANTASTIC SITE!  I would not want you to confuse my confidence with arrogance!  No one on this GREAT SITE would take me serious, until I produced the "Hallowed" Dyno-Sheet.  Remember, The Great Vince Lombardi said, "If you can do it, it ain't braggin'!"  The statement you made about spending less on my next Motorsickle has me curious.  I must be doing something different than you Hot-Rodders in North Caroliner.  The next one always cost me more than the last one.  I appreciate your advice of "Just Chill", but it is an attribute that has always seemed to be absent in my life.  My Ol' Pappy told me if I didn't make dust, I'd eat dust!  Having let what was on my mind come through my fingers, I do recognize us both as A+ personalities, and in kind, hope you do not take offense to any of the above.  Friends are hard to come by, and I want all of them I can get!  See you in "The Valley!"  Later--HUBBARD            

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2005, 01:01:21 PM »

Good point, or even $24,000 for a Boss Hoss and have no worries against anyone except another Boss.

Yeah, 'er 'uh,
 When Pigs Fly!! Later--HUBBARD

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2005, 01:13:10 PM »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2005, 01:48:01 PM »

« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 01:58:28 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2005, 01:49:02 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Twolanerider,

That'd be a neggy on the "good buddy" part.    Later--HUBBARD

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2005, 01:53:44 PM »

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2005, 01:56:24 PM »

Tater Hubbard!

No offense taken!!!!!!
I REALLY enjoy the "discussion" between us.

It's kinda funny that just this morning I was talking with MFG as to whether anyone picked up on my comparison between cost and value. That's like comparing apples and oranges.
But I'm happy that you read through my words and understood what I was saying..

Hubbard your delivery (or presentation) of "your facts" sometimes does come off as arrogance. If indeed it is actually confidence then I apologize. Confidence is a trait that usually commands respect.  Arrogance does not and never will.

Concerning the spending less on your next bike I think you missed my point.  In your goal of mucho horsepower it's hard for me to believe that you haven't change parts that didn't perform just as you wanted to reach your H/P goal. My point is that to achieve your H/P goal on your next bike you have learned from what works and what doesn't. So my assumption is that the next motor will be less expensive since you learned from the first.
Unless you claim to have never selected or been steered wrong in your H/P quest.

I guess the main difference between us Tater is that in the morning when I look in the mirror I can't imagine having over 60K in a bike that is worth 1/3 of that and knowing that the kid down the street on the 600 Ninja can wear my ass out. It's not that important to me! My biggest competition is myself.  Look forward to riding with you!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Cause I do like a challenge!

And one final thing!
Your right about the Boss Hoss! They are fun to race from a standing start!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2005, 05:13:37 PM »

Hubbard has ignored my last post on this thread..........I'm thinkin he's up to somethin.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 05:15:18 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2005, 05:33:42 PM »

JCZ

I think you may be onto something!
He can't outrun Otis so he might as well join us!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2005, 06:01:58 PM »

JCZ

I think you may be onto something!
He can't outrun Otis so he might as well join us!

My natural born street instincts tell me "never underestimate this guy".
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 06:05:17 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2005, 06:13:50 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, JCZ & hd2003,
 You fellers are really puttin' the pressure on Ol' HUBBARD!! [smiley=nervous.gif]  I said I was just thinkin' about that Yeller' SEEG.  Now, if hd2003 would give me that 60 Large he seems to think I have in Maudie, I'd be buying instead of thinkin'! [smiley=bigok.gif]  Or maybe I could sell it to kng103!  Hello, 60 Large is just play money to him, anyway, right? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  At any rate, If I did decide to buy that SEEG, it won't even be here until June.  Then, on top of that, I really like BLACK. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  So it's likely I'll be slidin' into the Valley on Ol' Maudie!  Maybe someday I'll grow up to be just like ya'll, and find me a BLACK SEEG somewhere so's I can be a "certified" CVO member. [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]  Be patient, boys, I'll gitter' done!  Later---HUBBARD    

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2005, 06:18:40 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, JCZ & hd2003,

West Coast GTG   

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2005, 06:36:09 PM »

My natural born street instincts tell me "never underestimate this guy".

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2005, 08:41:59 PM »

HUBBARD

Come on, get the SEEG and have a Blacked out 120 JIMS put in it. You can sell the 103 on ebay and paint the trans case etc, and have a heck of a lot less in it than MAUDIE2, as if you cared.

Heck me and OTIS might even make the first payment for you HEE HEE. [smiley=laugh.gif]

Otis (the person) are you out there?. Come on and help me convince Hub to join the CVO club for real.

And for all you guys out there who think HUBBARD is a little bit of a braggard. Well he probably is, but that is one of his most redeeming characteristics. I'll tell you all one thing-he absolutely will hold it wide open-many times long past the point when common sense says "shut er down". Otis (the person) is the same way. Don't underestimate either one of them.

Regards
SHRADER
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ

National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2005, 09:18:39 PM »

"And it's not a CVO bike unless it is."

Tater Hubbard read the above quote and repeat after me.

It's not a CVO bike unless it is!

You seem to have the corner on the mucho power department.
So all that's left is the CVO.
If your "SKEERD" just say it and we will understand [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif].
If not "Whatcha waiting for?"
Otis and Shrader are there.

Again repeat after me,
"I ain't skeerd, I can do it."

[smiley=bigok.gif] Join the family, you could be our redheaded stepchild that just got out of prison for street racing! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 09:21:16 PM by hd2003-se2005 »

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2005, 09:53:59 PM »

Remember what I said about Otis being the sleeper?

Otis must have been in that stealth mode when he out ran Tater Hubbard!

Hubbard thought it was a serk that past him [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Good job Otis!

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2005, 08:34:10 AM »

Good luck on the ala cart deal that would make to much sense and lose them to much money.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

neanderpaul

• Full CVO Member
  • Green Bikes = Bad Luck? Give 'Em All To Me!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FXR3
    • Neanderpaul Dot Com
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2005, 09:10:38 AM »

Since when is riding a big twin Harley about speed?

...someone's compensating.

You want speed?....grab a Ducati.
'99 FXR3
'05 15th Ann. LE Fat Boy
'19 RAM Rebel

neanderpaul

• Full CVO Member
    • AZ

• Neanderpaul Dot Com
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2005, 09:15:01 AM »

PS...all in fun.

My fat ass ain't goin' fast on anything.

I've become painfully aware of my own mortality. I think it was the few hours spent in an emergency room, watching them pick chunks o' tar out of my elbow.

No ride today....weather del Ka Ka in Boston.

Nice ride yesterday though
'99 FXR3
'05 15th Ann. LE Fat Boy
'19 RAM Rebel

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2005, 09:55:20 AM »

I have had several FAST bikes over the years...loved the speed...been well over 130 mph a few times...I was young and indestructible...had a couple close calls as we all have...I like the comfort, the cruise, the stereo...still like the power...Im just more careful with it. To each his own...I've seen several SEEGS bone stock and several highly modified..love them all.
Its been raining over a week here  no breaks in sight thru the weekend
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 09:57:09 AM by tonys »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2005, 10:03:54 AM »

I have had several FAST bikes over the years...loved the speed...been well over 130 mph a few times...I was young and indestructible...had a couple close calls as we all have...I like the comfort, the cruise, the stereo...still like the power...Im just more careful with it. To each his own...I've seen several SEEGS bone stock and several highly modified..love them all.
Its been raining over a week here

West Coast GTG   

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2005, 10:26:53 AM »

Oh come on Tony......they just said sunny Friday and through the weekend.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 10:27:37 AM by tonys »

neanderpaul

• Full CVO Member
    • AZ

• Neanderpaul Dot Com
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2005, 01:30:32 PM »

I miss Sac....riding over to Folsom HD on my old CX500...not being able to afford anything there :)

Riding back down Madison...almost getting clipped at Auburn...

At least I could ride almost all year.

Unlike Boston...where I tooled around yesterday, and they;re calling for 4-8" in some parts of the state today.
'99 FXR3
'05 15th Ann. LE Fat Boy
'19 RAM Rebel

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2005, 03:42:55 PM »

Since when is riding a big twin Harley about speed?

...someone's compensating.

You want speed?....grab a Ducati.

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Neanderpaul,
 How do you say that--Dewcaty or Dewcotie? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  Anyway, it may be fast, but no Class!!  Later--HUBBARD

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2005, 04:15:04 PM »

Good job Otis!

Yeah, 'er 'uh, hd2003,
 OTIS is ALWAYS in the Stealth Mode!  Gotta' watch him!  You'll really get a kick out of him!  He is a pure Nut!  Later--HUBBARD

neanderpaul

• Full CVO Member
    • AZ

• Neanderpaul Dot Com
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2005, 04:15:52 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Neanderpaul,

'99 FXR3
'05 15th Ann. LE Fat Boy
'19 RAM Rebel

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2005, 04:40:09 PM »

"And it's not a CVO bike unless it is."

Tater Hubbard read the above quote and repeat after me.

It's not a CVO bike unless it is!

You seem to have the corner on the mucho power department.
So all that's left is the CVO.
If your "SKEERD" just say it and we will understand [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif].
If not "Whatcha waiting for?"
Otis and Shrader are there.

Again repeat after me,
"I ain't skeerd, I can do it."

[smiley=bigok.gif] Join the family, you could be our redheaded stepchild that just got out of prison for street racing! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

"And it's not a CVO Bike unless it is"  There, I said it!!

"HUBBARD has a JOYCVO Bike, and I don't"

hd2003--Read the above quote and repeat after me!
That stands for JUST OUTRAN YOUR CVO Bike! [smiley=oops.gif]
Later--Potato-Potato-Potato-Potato-TATERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2005, 08:46:53 PM »

[smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
I love this site! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2005, 09:02:58 PM »

First off, I do not claim to be an expert on this subject matter...Given that disclaimer, as I have been told, the purpose of a non-blacked out engine casing on the higher HP engines...BLACK absorbs heat!  Given the amount of heat these engines produce, that could be a nightmare.

I CAN tell you this, the chopper I have has an S&S 124 Polished Engine on it...I would have preferred the blacked out casing when ordering it.  It was available, however I was warned against it given their experience with it.  In addition, the current engine overheated last year on Main Street in Daytona given the lack of a oil cooler.  Since then the oil cooler has been installed.

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2005, 08:27:06 AM »

(Boy is Hubbard confused!)

Ok Hubby Wubby, I'm in.
We are riding to Deals Gap on Saturday  (I think that's the schedule, right 103T)
So lets see how the lead sled does with the CVO sled. Last guy to the store buys the other a shirt!

My JOYCVO is a total package, not just 60k of top end!!
Let the fun begin!
[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

And for the record JOYCVO  ='s
"Jealous Over Your CVO" --> a perfect description of Hubbard!

Come on Tater, don't be a wannabe, sell that "lead sled" and join the CVO family.
All your buddies have!

[smiley=bigok.gif]
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 08:33:05 AM by hd2003-se2005 »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2005, 10:37:01 AM »

I miss Sac....riding over to Folsom HD on my old CX500...not being able to afford anything there :)

Riding back down Madison...almost getting clipped at Auburn...

At least I could ride almost all year.

Unlike Boston...where I tooled around yesterday, and they;re calling for 4-8" in some parts of the state today.

Look at you.......from a CX500 to a CVO.  Brother that's progress in the fast lane.  From Sacramento to Boston is total regress for a rider! [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  Just callin em like I see em.  Just to make you miss home a little more........supposed to be in the 70's and sunny this weekend so TonyS and I will get the riding in for you but you'll be in our thoughts.

You mentioned Madison and Auburn Blvds.  Auburn and College Oak (down one block) is where I had a guy pull out of the donut shop and drive right into the front end of my Heitage about ten years ago.  I was doing about 45 mph, flipped all the way over his car, landed in the middle of the road in a sitting position, on my but and feet.  Went home that night with a broken coller bone (from my ape hangers) and massive bruising in the butt, crotch area and extremly grateful to be alive.  (Wasn't so lucky my last accident) Just to say that I know what you mean about the traffic in that area.

West Coast GTG   

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2005, 11:45:17 AM »

(Boy is Hubbard confused!)

Ok Hubby Wubby, I'm in.
We are riding to Deals Gap on Saturday

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2005, 12:42:37 PM »

Good job Otis!

Yeah, 'er 'uh, hd2003,
  [smiley=oops.gif]I stand corrected!  OTIS is, in fact, a SERG!  I can't believe you didn't catch that, SHRADER! [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  You had a chance to correct me, and let a North Caroliner "Go-Fast Ultra Classic" wannabe, "slipshuck" you!  Later--HUBBARD

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2005, 01:24:05 PM »

Otis and Sharader

I see why you guys keep Hubbard around!
He's a riot.

OK, OK, OK a wannabe CVO owner riot!

And he's cheaper than cable.
He reminds me of watching OCC on Discovery!

And one more thing!
Friday is Tater's birthday!
No wonder he's so cranky, he's a LOT older than me  [smiley=nixweiss.gif].
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 01:50:03 PM by hd2003-se2005 »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2005, 06:11:05 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, hd2003!
 You still ain't told me where in the Sam Hill "Deals Gap" is!! [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  And, by the way, you're the one that's going to be cranky, when my "Led Sled" Ultra, as you call it, goes by you like you were sittin' up on jack stands! [smiley=shocked2.gif]  But, that's right, you said YOU were your biggest competition.  Maybe you could outrun yourself. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]  That way, nobody could ever pass you! [smiley=bigok.gif]  And, yeah, I may be 54 tomorrow, but I still have a 20 year old mind. [smiley=cool2.gif]  So, just because there's snow on the rooftop, don't you ever think they ain't no FIRE in the kitchen!!  You clowns crack me up! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  I Love This Site, Too!!  Later--HUBBARD        

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2005, 10:39:39 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, hd2003,

Zen Master of Pondering

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2005, 11:06:32 PM »

I have been unavailable for a day or two Hub.
Happy Birthday [smiley=beerchug.gif]And I would agree that you have the mind of a 20 year old. You'll never grow up.Regards SHRADER

Hee Hee, Happy Birthday Hubbard, glad you came back.  Lots a fun! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2005, 11:21:04 PM »

Happy Birthday Hubbard from Mr. & Mrs. Otis.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 11:22:05 PM by otis »
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2005, 11:38:27 PM »

You still ain't told me where in the Sam Hill "Deals Gap" is!! [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Well, I'm 38 now, so I have 16 more good years to go before my mind goes to hell like Hubbard's.  Hub, did you forget where you're going in a couple of weeks?  See also here.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2005, 05:58:26 PM »

Well, I'm 38 now, so I have 16 more good years to go before my mind goes to hell like Hubbard's.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2005, 06:06:09 PM »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2005, 06:08:10 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, SHRADER,
 What is Grown Up??  Thanks for the Happy Birthday!!  Later--HUBBARD

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2005, 08:54:42 PM »

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2005, 11:29:22 PM »

a belated happy birthday...and I am 60 and like you said I have a 20 yr old mind...don't know if thats good or bad...like my wife said..you guys get older but never grow up.....ain't it great!

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2005, 11:45:49 AM »

Hub, don't let these guys get to you with this "OLD" stuff.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2005, 11:49:55 AM »

a belated happy birthday...and I am 60 and like you said I have a 20 yr old mind...don't know if thats good or bad...like my wife said..you guys get older but never grow up.....ain't it great!

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Tonys,
 This is Great, man, and I enjoy every minute of it! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  Thanks for the Birthday wishes!  Later--HUBBARD

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2005, 10:38:36 PM »

But back on the original topic.

I have always had the black and chrome.
Thought that looked best.

But the Seeg plain and chrome has grown on me.
Put it on the lift today and cleaned the underside of the motor.
"You know"  what can shine will shine! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2005, 10:23:08 AM »

But back on the original topic.

I have always had the black and chrome.
Thought that looked best.

But the Seeg plain and chrome has grown on me.
Put it on the lift today and cleaned the underside of the motor.
"You know"
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Page created in 0.323 seconds with 22 queries.