Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 96" motor mods for $3500.00 on the east coast  (Read 8459 times)

skyhook

• Senior CVO Member
  • ride 'em don't hide 'em

• CVO1: '08 fxdse2
Re: 96" motor mods for $3500.00 on the east coast
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2008, 08:27:49 PM »

michael,
sorry if I hit a nerve with the 90/95...I see that you have some experience with htcc, and I'm sure that if the quench is set to around.035" all the way around the angled quench area, you'll have a good build...still think the valves and ports are too big on the htcc cnc heads and often result in poor low rpm torque...for my money bathtub heads are cheaper, easier and better
08 fxdse2, r&r heads, 257 cam, hpi 55mm t/body, supermeg

Michael

• Michael's Stable
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 FLTRXSE BLACK & BLUE
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2008, 08:29:25 AM »

Naaaa, no nerves hit....Nerves must be checked at the door when entering forums.

The inability to read emotion on a computer screen requires that.

I was just commenting, if I do not yield 3-digits, they can keep it until it does.

Have a good week.
Michael.
2012 FLTRXSE B&B
2010 Haulmark VHauler
2007 Shelby Mustang GT

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2008, 09:01:22 AM »

That's a good looking sheet Talon. I like the way the TQ jumps right up off the line and the HP is a nice steady curve. So it begs the question. What are the components and how much $$

B B

Sorry, I should have elaborated, this isn't my motor, this was a build they did and an article on it was witten on nightrider's web page, sorry. But this is what I'm going to have done to my RK. I was planning on getting it done this winter, but several unexpected expenses and my daughters wedding caused me to put this on hold!! :(

http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/street_tc_engine.htm

Peak numbers don't tell the whole story, if you doing average riding you want torque and you want it to come on as soon as possible. This is a good reliable build, that's what I'm looking for.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 09:05:48 AM by Talon »
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.