Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: pole on dealership discounts  (Read 2885 times)

shovelhead71

• Senior CVO Member
  • its a way of life
pole on dealership discounts
« on: April 14, 2005, 10:53:36 AM »

per request of my fellow man:
does your local HD dealership offer a discount program such as MVP
if yours is a local H.O.G. chapter in house dealership offer that club a % discount & what is the %age
is there another type of discount YOUR dealership offers
lets hear whats going on around the world and compare notes on this one
-------------------------------------
my 2 cents worth is our dealership gave the local in house H.O.G. chapter a 10 % discount on HD only items - no aftermarket - a year ago we signed up for MVP - this program locks up a 60 mile radius for that dealership that if any other dealer is in his are - that other dealer cannot offer the MVP program - here is how it goes
$39.95 lifetime membership
starts at a 11% discount at a CLUB level (nothing to do with hog or hd itself)
works on a percentage basis - as you drive your bike you accumulate miles right - well in 1,000 mile increments you earn points - as you purchase HD & aftermarket parts in $125.00  increments you earn points - as you go to MVP sponsered events you earn points just by signing your name to a run your going to make anyhow - get services done on yoru bike at the HD mvp sponsered dealership you earn points for what required service that it is --@1k=5k-10k etc - the points accumulation get you to the next discount level - COOL - 0 to 19 points is the 11% 20- 44 (I believe) put you in 12% level -the dealership has MVP ONLY MEMBER EVENTS (earning extra points) special MVP trips like to Laconia (earning extra points) buy a new bike - earn points - trade a bike - earn points - GOLD is top level - earning dinner with HD dealership owners etc - only way to loose on this program is to NOT drive your bike - or ever buy anything HD (or aftermarket) ever again - its a lifetime membership for $40 - alot more to this program but have taken enough room already - to finish - the dealership removed the H.O.G. 10% discount after a couple months of this program - oh yeah - buy a special package from the parts dept - s/e package etc - earn points - get the service dept to put it on - earn more points - and get your discount on all the parts - no discount on labor or tax or tires

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: pole on dealership discounts
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 11:06:12 AM »

through local hog chapter 10% all parts ( HD and after market ), motorclothes and labor
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 11:18:46 AM »

Local shop doesn't know how to spell discuont.

They do offer a discount on parts if you buy a new bike.  That discount (if memory serves correctly) is on day of sale only.  Aside from that everything is full price.  They also previuosly did a HOG discount but stopped about two or three years ago.

They do occasionally do some service specials and some seasonal or event based "sales" with items discounted though.  This helps if you happen to need something on the right schedule.

Without regard to discounts, however, they don't jack things up.  They did mark a couple of CVO bikes above MSRP (don't know what they actually sold them for as one red one sat on the floor for weeks and weeks).  MSRP is their norm though.

ufo

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 11:26:19 AM »

Local HOG chapter, 10% everything except labor and motorcycles  [smiley=brood.gif]. We have a point system where you accumulate points for attending meetings, helping with events, group rides, etc. Once your card is full, you get 20% for one time (any number of items) and it starts over.
2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2, Freesom package, HD2003 pcIII map
2003 Road King Classic 6 speed big bore forged pistons cnc ported heads 251 cam race tuner rinehart true duals

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 12:15:38 PM »

IF a member of the local Hog chapter and you attend the previos months meetings, you get a 10% discount on all P&A's. No discount on shop labor.

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Pumpkin
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 12:18:04 PM »

Chicago H-D 20% off (P, A, and clothes)
All the time
For everyone
Mail order too.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 12:18:52 PM by DJW »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 12:33:55 PM »

Between Chicago HD and Hales and Surdyke and those few others that figured out a business managing profit is still to be made at a more competitive price I'd be very curious about how much business the other dealerships actually lose to discounts of HD via mail order.

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Pumpkin
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 12:42:06 PM »

Well.... I have no first hand knowledge, but I've spoken to friends that I have that work at both a "discounting" dealer and another at a MSRP parts dealer.  

The discounting one averages over $500,000.00 a month in P and A sales.  The other moves 1/10th of that if they're lucky.  I think the profit based on the volume more than makes up for giving a discount.  It's a shame others don't catch on.  

Also, I've heard about threatening phone calls from the others trying to put an end to the discount  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 12:48:36 PM »

10% for active HOG members

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 02:35:52 PM »

Local dealership here, Crystal River  HD has maintained an ongoing 20% off motorclothes, parts and in-store items for the past 10 or so months.  Additionally, they usually maintain a 30% off on in-stock tires and run occasional shop discounts on labor.  As  you might expect, traffic and sales are way up.

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2005, 02:37:21 PM »

10% off for hog member's of local chapter.
hdnut

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2005, 08:52:49 PM »

Zip, Zero,Nada!!  After I bought the SEEG I approached the owner who I've known for years.  I told him that I was getting ready to order $3-$4 thousand in parts for the SEEG and wondered if he'd give some sort of discount for that large an order.  He said ,"No!".  I mentioned that some internet dealers were giving 20% off on H-D parts and accessories, plus they didn't charge sales tax (7.9%).   I asked what he might do and he shrugged his shoulders and walked away.  I would have swung the businees his way if he'd been the least bit receptive.  Instead I called Jeni at Benji's and ordered the H-D parts and some of the accessories there and the remainder through others.  I'm sure I saved around  a thousand dollars.  That will pay for a good chunk of one of our M/C trips planned this summer.

`Dan
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2005, 10:13:52 PM »

We have punch card that gets punch every $25 after 10 punches or $250. You can turn it in for a 10% disc. on parts and motorclothes only.  You don't have to use right then and there.  So if you're planing on some major purchase of parts say a big bore, you can wait and use it then.  Also several times a year they do special discounts like spin the wheel or pull the color chip out of the basket for discounts up to 20%.  And I'm spent.
Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2005, 01:01:58 AM »

10% HOG members on everything but labor, plus several special sales during the year.

LBI-DTW

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 01:15:27 AM »

Last year they gave 10% to local HOG members. That has gone by the wayside.
Nothing for HOG members this year. You would think they would.
Memberships is over 1000 so I am told.
They did have 10-20% off on all parts to the general public a one day deal this past month.
LBI-DTW

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2005, 10:40:55 AM »

10% for HOG and periodic sales
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member
  • make it two yellows for me

• CVO1: 2004 FXSTDSE2 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2005, 11:03:08 AM »

10% at our dealer all of the time, including service dept.  My cousin gets more because he spends a lot more every month.  We like to support our dealer even though two other dealers are closer because of the relationships with the staff.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2005, 12:04:50 PM »

the MVP program from St.Paul has worked out great for the dealership - promotes many customer incentives - dealership wise it keeps more money in house - I am no way affiliated with MVP so don;t take it the wrong way - I see this working awesome for the customer (us) that is the power we have - if we don;t get customer service - we can go elsewhere - but it is my own belief that as many of you have - you have approached your dealer and have been blown off - poor chioce now-a-days with the internet to do this - we actually have more riders getting together that are MVP members for rides now than there were with the local H.O.G. group rides - all it takes for the dealer is to call the MVP people and check it out - like I mentioned if there is another competitive dealer close by - it locks up a 60 mile radius - that other dealer cannot sign up with MVP to offer it - our owner has 2 dealerships about 30 miles apart - locking up a 120 mile radius - if anyone interested that wants to see some sheets on this let me know

Shovelhead, you have a PM.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2005, 10:02:33 PM »

IF a member of the local Hog chapter and you attend the previos months meetings, you get a 10% discount on all P&A's. No discount on shop labor.

Same here in Savannah, GA...can not make the meetings...therefore not discount, unless I beg....which I always do...

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2005, 07:50:36 AM »

for MVP information call St. Paul MN Harley Davidson and ask for MVP administrator at 1-651-738-2168 they will send you or your local HD dealership all information necessary - best thing down the pike in a long time for everyone

Defender

• The BRAT... It's Always Screamin'
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2005, 08:08:07 AM »

10% on everything if you're a member of their HOG chapter.  20% on anything when you buy a new bike and for several months after.
2005 FLHTCSE2  Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide
2003 FXDP  Dyna Defender Police Bike
1994 FLHTCU  Ultra Classic Electra Glide
1990 FLSTC  Heritage Softail Classic

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2005, 08:10:49 AM »

Zip, Zero,Nada!!

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2005, 09:46:43 AM »

Harley-Davidson of Crete, IL.
10% off (all parts) for life after puchasing a bike.
Open Sunday's.
Very good parts stock
Very Knowledgeable  parts staff

I can get a better price sometimes at Chicago HD.com (20% off HD parts) and is also close to me, but my concerns are if there would be a problem with a part or chrome from a warranty standpoint.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.288 seconds with 21 queries.