Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My new FXSTSSE2 first 300 miles  (Read 2958 times)

Spanish Flyer

• Full CVO Member
  • Mankind, all equal; some more equal than others
My new FXSTSSE2 first 300 miles
« on: February 17, 2008, 01:51:32 PM »

Just came back home from the dealer and made a bit more than 300 miles on my Screamin'Eagle Softail Springer 2008. The bike a 105 Anniversary copper-black-gold is gorgeous but needs a lot of help from you. 
This European version needs pipes and the suction system the bike in the catalogue comes with. As It is it is much slower than my 2007 Dyna and that is disgusting. I need a set of pipes that allow the big engine to breathe, without being too loud. Don't like the 2 into 1 type; is there by any chance an SE set of pipes for the FXSTSSE2 2008 bike? one of the things I'm most annoyed about is that looking in the H-D website, you don't have specific items for the Screaming Eagle model and it is most frustrating. I want to install a ThunderMax with Autotune, but not even Zippers mentions it as an option.

So getting into bussiness, 1.-anyone know where to find in the H-D page with spares for my bike? 2.-Pipes that fit my bike (big radius I like for looks, but far too loud and hate 2 into 1). 3.- Anyone with TMAX with Autotune? If so what other elements are you using? Brakes are almost non existent; what can you do to improve the most important front one without breaking the Springer suspension?

What is the complete part nº for the suction shown on most of the 2008 models with a chromed elbow and an uncovered filter with the 110 SE badge?

Maybe too many questions, but I did spend a hell of a lot of money to get something that needs tons of extra accessories to make it go.

Thank you all and keep me informed.

Since you say  :worthless: here's a link to my albums: http://imageevent.com/wforest/fxstsse22008myfirstpics14022008

Best regards,
Spanish Flyer
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 01:54:14 PM by Spanish Flyer »
STOCK BIKES SUCK!

Pagoda64

Re: My new FXSTSSE2 first 300 miles
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 02:09:03 PM »

i have the t-max.. just got the bike.. runs perfect. this was the first dealer install of t-max and they were amazed. it dialed itself in. had cams, port and polish and pistons change. put big radi on and it makes a nice sound, but loud.

Spanish Flyer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 02:28:17 PM »

Hi Pagoda 64,

It amazes me that you make all those mods before even running in the engine; can you explain what and why you did this on a brand new engine/bike? Not just curious, but mainly interested. You talk about the big radii and  guess you are talking about the Vance and Hines... I have to agree they suit the bike and look terrific, but too much sound/noise and were I live, cops are on to us and would make my life impossible.

Best regards,
Spanish Flyer
STOCK BIKES SUCK!

Pagoda64

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 02:54:24 PM »

The 110 can fly with a few changes.. Pipes help, but the stock cam needs help. If I had the work done at the time, the HD dealer gave me full warranty coverage. Basically these changes wake up the engine and it will out run your dyno.. 211 cams work, but I went with 254 and some other work to match these cams. The bike comes EPA friendly and left not so EPA friendly.

Spanish Flyer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 03:37:34 PM »

Pipes and suction, because us in Europe don't get that big filter you get, we just have one of those football dishes all Harleys get. I wouldn't mind it if you could be more specific on what parts to change and if you don't mind make this  private by sending me a personal mail. Don't know if it is forbidden to put one's own mail here so I will wait for your answer. I feel like this just listening to what you just said :orange: :orange: :orange: :mango: :mango: :pineapple: just thinking about those simple changes that bring my CVO 110 to life since as it is right now, it has less han half the guts my open pipe, Stg1, TMax Dyna has, so I'm seriously listening.
BR,
Spanish Flyer
PS. BY the way, any thoughts on the head leaking gaskets from some 110's?
STOCK BIKES SUCK!

Pagoda64

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 05:08:26 PM »

I will pull my receipts and get back with you.. Thanks

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 08:35:22 PM »

Spanish Flyer...I changed the pipes (are loud more than I would like) and installed the SERT....no modifications to the engine.....Change the handlebar (not in this pic), the seat, chrome screws and other minor things...........BTW do you speak spanish (I believe you do).........I am the only latin in this site)..........I have the bike since October so if you need something else do not hesitate to let me know......

Take care and enjoy your new scooter,

Jorge

Pagoda64

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 09:13:42 PM »

ECM - Thundermax Auto-Tune
Retaining Ring
Cyl Gasket
Pushrod +.03
Pist, 110 H/C Forged
SE 251 Cam Kit
Spacer 120
Port & Polish Heads

211 Cams work good with the factory setup. Also add Thundermax.. You probally could order from this dealer.

Spanish Flyer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 02:08:49 PM »

Thanks Pagoda64,
An interesting purchase list. I have already ordered the ThunderMax with Autotune, the big sucker and some very mild pipes (that I can modify easily, but not to go crazy with too much noise). Cops here would make my life miserable.
Lucky you guys that either know how to strip a Harley or know someone who does; here in Spain even changing the oil is a major issue. By the way jegomez, of course I speak in spanish perfectly, I was actually born in this great country though from british parents...

I would like to know why you changed pistons and cams Pagoda 64, and if any have had the oil leaking problem due to the high compression given by the original cams and pistons.

Best Regards,
Spanish Flyer
STOCK BIKES SUCK!

Pagoda64

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 08:02:07 PM »

Cams and pistons help sound and power. Also, the tighten it down tighter than Harley specs, so hopefully no oil issues.

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.