Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crystal Copper  (Read 3299 times)

sknz7132

Crystal Copper
« on: April 08, 2008, 07:28:16 AM »

Does anyone know if HD has a touch up kit part number for 2008 CVO Crystal Copper?
Thanks.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: Crystal Copper
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 07:33:06 AM »

Does anyone know if HD has a touch up kit part number for 2008 CVO Crystal Copper?
Thanks.

I'm sure they do. Go to your dealer and ask them to look in the paint catalog. They offer touch up kits for all of their colors.

:indian_chief:

sknz7132

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 08:24:23 AM »

Thanks Chief...tried that...that is one color (along with the black onyx) they do not have listed.

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 08:25:46 AM »

Thanks Chief...tried that...that is one color (along with the black onyx) they do not have listed.

They should be able to order it, if your parts guy is good.

Bob
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

sknz7132

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 08:51:10 AM »

Thanks...I'll stop at some more dealers (6 within 50 mi) and see if I get a better response.
The dealer last night could find the gallon (or quart?) @ $450 but no touch-up p/n listing.
Thanks.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 09:36:19 AM »

Thanks...I'll stop at some more dealers (6 within 50 mi) and see if I get a better response.
The dealer last night could find the gallon (or quart?) @ $450 but no touch-up p/n listing.
Thanks.

That's very interesting as I've never heard of being able to buy paint in quantity from HD. :nixweiss:

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 10:10:35 AM »

That's very interesting as I've never heard of being able to buy paint in quantity from HD. :nixweiss:

Same here Chuck, especially CVO colors!
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 10:46:56 AM »

Wow, never heard of that before either.   :nixweiss:  But there will be no problem getting a touch-up kit.  You'll have to tell them it's a CVO color, but they can get it.  That's always one of the first things I get when I buy a new bike.  No different on the SEUC.  I think it set me back like $25 but got both the metallic orange (with a "special" pealized clearcoat) and metallic black touchup.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

REGGAB

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 03:54:54 PM »

I'm wondering if dealers can order paint in quantity like that, so they can contract a paint job on a primed piece with a local shop.  Certainly they wouldn't sell quantity to a customer.  Heck I went looking for for the Kent Moore 36mm axle nut wrench with .5" drive TQ wrench fitting, and was told I wasn't allowed to order it.  So, instead I ordered and bought the KASTAR P/N 9636 36mm rear axle nut wrench.  Same thing, plus it has a ratchet capability and a vinyl grip.  Apparently some tools, parts, and expendables, like paint in quantity, aren't available for purchase by customers.......but some are, like the Kent Moore oil filter adapter.

I had no trouble picking up a touch up kit for Thumper.  Contains Emerald Black, Gold, and Majestic Green.

old wrench

• Full CVO Member
  • You gota make this work together to get there fast

• CVO1: 2008 FSXTSSE2 Orange
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 05:12:30 PM »

I'm wondering if dealers can order paint in quantity like that, so they can contract a paint job on a primed piece with a local shop.  Certainly they wouldn't sell quantity to a customer.  Heck I went looking for for the Kent Moore 36mm axle nut wrench with .5" drive TQ wrench fitting, and was told I wasn't allowed to order it.  So, instead I ordered and bought the KASTAR P/N 9636 36mm rear axle nut wrench.  Same thing, plus it has a ratchet capability and a vinyl grip.  Apparently some tools, parts, and expendables, like paint in quantity, aren't available for purchase by customers.......but some are, like the Kent Moore oil filter adapter.

I had no trouble picking up a touch up kit for Thumper.  Contains Emerald Black, Gold, and Majestic Green.
They can order what is called a factory pack in quarts and the activator but its not cheap, I think the only thing they can get for CVO bikes is the touch up.

That Kastar 36mm is good got one of those too, here are a couple of other handy ones if you pull your own wrenches, one is for the rocker box covers and the Kastar is for the manifold bolts.

If you see a Snap On tool truck they can get the special tools for Harleys or most of them will, If not the Snap On dealer that comes by our shop will

sknz7132

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 03:40:50 PM »

Thanks for the help guys...second dealer I stopped at had the paint sheet and it listed p/n 94554 for the Crystal Copper/Black Onyx.  Got it ordered...I appreciate the help.

Take care,
Scott

Page created in 1.897 seconds with 21 queries.