Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ellington, CT  (Read 1382 times)

REGGAB

Ellington, CT
« on: May 06, 2008, 04:49:56 PM »

Last few times I've been up here, I've flown up, had an Avis cage, and did some sightseeing to get to know the area, so I'd be better prepared, for when I had Thumper up here.  A few of you know she's here with me now.  I've logged a couple miles in the 8 days I've been here, and had a great time doing it.  Finally got to ride with Howie.  That was a great experience.  One needs to be very attentive when riding with Howie.  Definitely a skill sharpening endeavor.  I also got to meet Q.  One of the great things about traveling is getting to meet folks only previously known here at CVO Harley.  I bring all this up, because it looks like I'll get to come up here one more time for these extended periods...........and that's it..........for now.  So, I'm both happy, in that near six months of traveling is ending, yet melancholy that there are so many I have not met up here, and others I have met, but time and circumstances just don't permit repeat.  Funny how work keeps getting in the way of the really important stuff.
So, absolutely gorgeous day here in Connecticut.  I left work at 6am.  When the dayshift folks came in, they were quick to point out to me that today was going to be beautiful.  And it was.  AWESOME.  I hit the road about 7am, had the ZUMO, but only for the tunes, and starting riding.  Went nowhere in particular really.  Just rode.  I did happen by TSI H-D in Ellington again.  Someone here, I forget who, asked for pictures of the blue SERG I posted about the last time I was here.  It was gone.  They did have an 03 FXSTDSEI.................for >$22K.  I took pictures, but damn that's high.  They also had a 07 or 08 SE Dyna.  I simply noticed it, but didn't bother looking too hard as newer bikes aren't appealing to me.  I rode some more......better than 250 miles.  Had a blast.  Had one teeny, tiny, little, significant emotional event.  Somewhere on the Merritt, I started smelling oil.  I remembered that smell from when Dennis and I were trying to figure out the cam chest vent.  Looked down, and my oil fill cap was rattling around in the fill hole.  CHIT.  Well, no sense in letting it screw up the whole day.  I pulled over at the next convenient place, wiped up the mess with Windex wipes, and kept on riding.  Evidently Thumper prefers to run with oil half way up the fill strip instead of 3/4, which is what I topped her off at yesterday afternoon when I finished riding.  Anyway, when I got back to town, I grabbed some lunch, a box of SOS pads and some brake cleaner.  Got back to the hotel and scrubbed her down.  Good as new.  Just finished before I started writing.
Looks like Howie, Binx, Renea and I are headed to the Catskills this weekend.  Renea is flying up Thursday evening.  Howie will pick her up at LGA, since I'll be working.  I'll ride down to Flushing Friday morning to meet up, and we're hittin' the road.  Sure would be nice if some of the local CVO folks can hook up with us....even for an afternoon.  I'm having a blast.  Thanks for reading.

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Ellington, CT
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 10:36:59 AM »

Last few times I've been up here, I've flown up, had an Avis cage, and did some sightseeing to get to know the area, so I'd be better prepared, for when I had Thumper up here.  A few of you know she's here with me now.  I've logged a couple miles in the 8 days I've been here, and had a great time doing it.  Finally got to ride with Howie.  That was a great experience.  One needs to be very attentive when riding with Howie.  Definitely a skill sharpening endeavor.  I also got to meet Q.  One of the great things about traveling is getting to meet folks only previously known here at CVO Harley.  I bring all this up, because it looks like I'll get to come up here one more time for these extended periods...........and that's it..........for now.  So, I'm both happy, in that near six months of traveling is ending, yet melancholy that there are so many I have not met up here, and others I have met, but time and circumstances just don't permit repeat.  Funny how work keeps getting in the way of the really important stuff.
So, absolutely gorgeous day here in Connecticut.  I left work at 6am.  When the dayshift folks came in, they were quick to point out to me that today was going to be beautiful.  And it was.  AWESOME.  I hit the road about 7am, had the ZUMO, but only for the tunes, and starting riding.  Went nowhere in particular really.  Just rode.  I did happen by TSI H-D in Ellington again.  Someone here, I forget who, asked for pictures of the blue SERG I posted about the last time I was here.  It was gone.  They did have an 03 FXSTDSEI.................for >$22K.  I took pictures, but damn that's high.  They also had a 07 or 08 SE Dyna.  I simply noticed it, but didn't bother looking too hard as newer bikes aren't appealing to me.  I rode some more......better than 250 miles.  Had a blast.  Had one teeny, tiny, little, significant emotional event.  Somewhere on the Merritt, I started smelling oil.  I remembered that smell from when Dennis and I were trying to figure out the cam chest vent.  Looked down, and my oil fill cap was rattling around in the fill hole.  CHIT.  Well, no sense in letting it screw up the whole day.  I pulled over at the next convenient place, wiped up the mess with Windex wipes, and kept on riding.  Evidently Thumper prefers to run with oil half way up the fill strip instead of 3/4, which is what I topped her off at yesterday afternoon when I finished riding.  Anyway, when I got back to town, I grabbed some lunch, a box of SOS pads and some brake cleaner.  Got back to the hotel and scrubbed her down.  Good as new.  Just finished before I started writing.
Looks like Howie, Binx, Renea and I are headed to the Catskills this weekend.  Renea is flying up Thursday evening.  Howie will pick her up at LGA, since I'll be working.  I'll ride down to Flushing Friday morning to meet up, and we're hittin' the road.  Sure would be nice if some of the local CVO folks can hook up with us....even for an afternoon.  I'm having a blast.  Thanks for reading.

Yes it is an eye opening experience when riding with Howie, we really didn't ride with Howie all that much while in PA but it was an experience when we did. Did he show you how to do one of those NYC U turns?

Howie, if your listenin you know I have to pick on you!

Sounds like you are having a good time up there and probably miss home just a little bit too. You guys have fun this weekend!

Kathy

KB

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 10:54:53 AM »

Yes it is an eye opening experience when riding with Howie, we really didn't ride with Howie all that much while in PA but it was an experience when we did. Did he show you how to do one of those NYC U turns?

Howie, if your listenin you know I have to pick on you!

Sounds like you are having a good time up there and probably miss home just a little bit too. You guys have fun this weekend!

Kathy

KB

Kathy, that ain't picking! I take any commentary about my riding style!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 02:25:42 PM »

Kathy, that ain't picking! I take any commentary about my riding style!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Well you can definitely ride that bike, no doubt about it!

REGGAB

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 02:45:43 PM »

Yes he can!  And he rides that 700 pound beast like a sportbike.............slidin' off the seat into corners.  Kept waiting for him to drag a knee.  Will be intresting to watch him in the Catskills and Berkshires this weekend with Binx on the back.  HOPEFULLY the weather cooperates.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 05:35:30 PM »

ADDED to the other post: Oops! "Take it as a compliment", is what I meant to say!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 05:37:34 PM »

Yes he can!  And he rides that 700 pound beast like a sportbike.............slidin' off the seat into corners.  Kept waiting for him to drag a knee.  Will be intresting to watch him in the Catskills and Berkshires this weekend with Binx on the back.  HOPEFULLY the weather cooperates.

Hehe! Binx was taught "Passenger Neutral" from day 1 for that reason, and does it very well now,! She don't hold me up one bit. Don't think that'll slow me down Henry! ;)

Hoist! 8)

REGGAB

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 09:21:05 PM »

Hehe! Binx was taught "Passenger Neutral" from day 1 for that reason, and does it very well now,! She don't hold me up one bit. Don't think that'll slow me down Henry! ;)

Hoist! 8)

I didn't think so, however I'll have sore ribs, teeth marks, busted helmet, claw marks in my legs, ripped off ears, missing nose, gouged eyes, and a general hurt all over the remainder when we get where we're going.   ;D

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 09:31:00 PM »

Woohhoooo...ya'll are gonna have a BLAST!! *totally pretending to not be jealous*

Seriously though, WE WANT PICS!!!

I'm so excited, youse guys are gonna have a fantastic weekend!! *extra prayers to mother nature for awesome weather*

Miss all ya'll!!!

and as always: rubber down, chrome up and blue skies!!
I like shiny stuff!

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 22 queries.