Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: 2006 FLSTFSE2  (Read 13646 times)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
2006 FLSTFSE2
« on: July 23, 2005, 12:04:39 PM »

:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

Re: 2006 FLSTFSE2
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 12:05:33 PM »

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 12:05:46 PM »

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 12:05:58 PM »

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 12:31:55 PM »

Counterbalanced 103-cubic-inch Engine  
Stage 1 Air Cleaner Kit  
High-performance 1.4kw Starter - Black  
Chrome Chin Spoiler  
Chrome Clutch Line Clips  
Chrome Front and Rear Master Cylinder Reservoir Covers  
Chrome Headbolt Covers  
Chrome Lower Belt Guard  
Chrome Master Cylinder Assemblies  
Chrome Rider Footboard Mounting Brackets  
Chrome Smooth-look Fork Stem Covers
Chrome Road Winder™ Sprocket
Chrome Sprocket Bolt Covers
Chrome Switch Housings
Chrome Tapered Tach Can
Chrome Valve Stem Caps
Chrome Voltage Regulator
Chrome Front Axle Nut Covers
Chrome Swingarm Pivot Bolt Covers
High-performance Clutch with Hydraulic Actuation
Lowered Rear Suspension
Road Winder™ Brake Rotors
Aileron Shifter Peg
Chrome Front Brake and Hydraulic Clutch Levers
Smoked Turn Signal Lenses with Amber Bulbs
Spun Aluminum Metal-faced Speedometer and Tachometer
Stainless Switch Housing and Lever Bracket Hardware
SYN3™ Synthetic Lubricant
Teardrop-shaped Chrome Air Cleaner Cover
Color-matched Frame Inserts
Chrome License Plate Bracket
1.25" Handlebar with Internal Wires
17" Chrome Road Winder™ Front Wheel
17" Chrome Road Winder™ Rear Wheel  
140mm Front Tire
200mm Rear Tire
Air Cleaner Insert
Aileron Brake Pedal Pad
Chrome Fuel Tank Console
Chrome Wheel Spacers
Silver Brake Calipers with Billet-style Chrome Inserts
Clear-coated, Braided Stainless Steel Rear Brake Line
Clear-coated, Braided Stainless Steel Front Brake Line
Clear-coated, Braided Stainless Steel Hydraulic Clutch Line
Clear-coated, Braided Stainless Steel Throttle/Idle Cables
Buckshot Grips
Buckshot Derby Cover
Buckshot Mirrors
Buckshot Rear Brake Lever
Buckshot Shifter Lever
Buckshot Shifter Linkage
Buckshot Fender Strut Covers  
Aileron Footboard Inserts
Leather Fuel Tank Console Extension
Handlebar Risers
Slash-down Mufflers with Chrome Heat Shields
Steel Seat with Padded Insert
Decorative Pillion
Tach Mount/Upper Riser Clamp
H-D® Factory Security System with Siren Alarm
Bullet Rear Axle Adjuster Cover
Chrome Accent Cover Strips
Chrome Fork Covers
Chrome Fork Tube Covers
Indoor Storage Cover with Embroidered CVO Logo
Commemorative CVO Ignition Key

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 12:40:55 PM »

That new red paint with the flames that are pronounced but slightly ghosted is very very very nice.  Like that better than the 05 red Fatboys, and I really liked 05 red Fatboys.  Going to have to keep saying to myself, "Don, you don't need a Fatboy, Don, you don't need a Fatboy, Don are you sure you don't nee......."

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 08:53:37 AM »

That new red paint with the flames that are pronounced but slightly ghosted is very very very nice.  Like that better than the 05 red Fatboys, and I really liked 05 red Fatboys.  Going to have to keep saying to myself, "Don, you don't need a Fatboy, Don, you don't need a Fatboy, Don are you sure you don't nee......."

You might not have too many problems keeping yourself from buying one if you really love red. The new one isn't RED it's called Copper. Actually it's called Concord Purple & Canyon Copper. The other two colors are Autumn Haze & Abyss Blue and Nebula Yellow & Cobalt Blue. The new colors seem to be a lot darker both on the web site and in the new 2006 product book it got from my dealer. Will have to see them in person to know exactually how good or bad they really look. Sandy
Sandy :)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 12:08:29 PM »

You might not have too many problems keeping yourself from buying one if you really love red. The new one isn't RED it's called Copper. Actually it's called Concord Purple & Canyon Copper. The other two colors are Autumn Haze & Abyss Blue and Nebula Yellow & Cobalt Blue. The new colors seem to be a lot darker both on the web site and in the new 2006 product book it got from my dealer. Will have to see them in person to know exactually how good or bad they really look. Sandy

Real life and the images we see can certainly vary a great deal.  The red Fatboys like yours is one of my favorite paint sets for a long long time though.  So they've got a pretty high bar to clear to get it better.

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 05:56:52 PM »

Real life and the images we see can certainly vary a great deal.  The red Fatboys like yours is one of my favorite paint sets for a long long time though.  So they've got a pretty high bar to clear to get it better.

That's right for sure. I too thought it was red with different graffics until I read the color name. Concord Purple & Canyon Copper. I agree with you on that. It will be very hard to beat the looks of these RED bikes.  [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]  Sandy

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 06:22:19 PM »

I saw the Yellow and Purple (colbalt blue?) one at two different dealerships this past weekend......Winchester, Va and Battlefield HD in Gettysburg, Pa.   Very Bright!  Also, saw the new stripped down Glide (forget what they call it) and the coolest part of it is the louvered cut out strips with those 'glow lights' in the rear fender.  Too cool !!  It's actually a nylon fender tip/saddlebag inserts deal that goes on over the fender.  Not sure that we can adapt it to our bike and of course the paint match will present a challenge also.........but too cool !!!    [smiley=laugh.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2005, 01:27:56 AM »

I saw an Autumn Haze -Abyss Blue CVO Fat boy today. Looks real good with the new wheels and fat tires. But, that pin striping.......................  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Anyone else get a chance to look at the striping yet?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 01:28:19 AM by porthole2 »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

txfatboy

• Junior CVO Member
  • H-D High Dollar!
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2005, 06:14:32 PM »

Just saw the autum haze today.  You're right...the bike looks good with fat fender/200 tire, but the pinstriping is odd, BUT original! (looks like my kid took a dry paintbrush to it!)

Anyway...I have my purple/copper one ordered...should be here in November.  I'm sure the pinstripe will be the same ... odd....but original!

Road_Glider

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2005, 03:04:28 PM »

Saw one of these today at my dealer.  This is a very good looking bike.  Autum haze is a neat color.  The 200 rear tire and wide road winder wheel with the wider rear fender really look great on that bike.  Nice how they paint the frame to match also.  Cool detail in the paint, like the hand brushed look of the pin striping.   [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]  I could dig one of these babies.
*Orange and BLack '09 Road Glide w/103

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 01:22:44 AM »

Greetings to all!  I stumbled on to this forum looking for parts.  I have read allot of the posts and have gained a great deal of insight from pipes to windshields and fluids.  I am so glad I found this site, even though this bike needs little help out of the box, I have never had a bike that I left totally stock. with all of the knowledge I see in this group, I know I will be tinkering in no time.  I ended up ordering the 2006 cvo fatboy in concord purple / canyon copper.  because!! last weekend I found a dealer that had a 05 still on the floor so I went to see it, and after some deep negotiations I got them to agree to let me take it for a ride. the sales guy was walking the bike out the front door when somebody yelled "hey that's my bike". next thing I know all bets are off, apparently he came in a week ago and made an offer of 22k for the bike which the dealer refused. so now he was back to try again, what timing, I couldn't believe it. so after the dust settled and the sales personnel had a little pow-wow, they came back to both of us standing there glaring at each other and said ok here is the deal, since the other guy was here first and made an offer on the bike he will get the first ride and chance to buy the bike for 23,500 today only, which is what they countered back to his 22k initial offer. if he does not buy the bike the offer gets extended to me. I could not believe how low these guys went on this bike considering it stickered at 28k. and after seeing this other guy, he couldn't have weighed 150 lbs wet. and being a previous 883 owner, im thinking that's way too much bike for this guy, this bike is mine! but unfortunately he new a great deal when it kicked him in the face. I wasn't really that upset though because the color was the grey with orange pin stripe which really didn't knock me to the floor,
and after seeing the 2006 with those road winder wheels and wider rubber I was hooked. but of course I had to pay MSRP for this one. so if you have the patience to wait till the end of the year and hope there is still one on someones floor bring your check book and be ready to buy. personally I don't think the 06's are going to be around by the end of next year, and I personally feel this bike is the absolute hottest thing Harley has ever rolled out the door. oh and thanks for the left side picture of the bike, since mine doesn't come in till 10-31-05 im counting the nano-seconds in anticipation, waiting
for your new bike is like a vacuum cleaner... it sucks!!!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 02:25:22 AM by EAGLE1 »
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2005, 07:54:15 PM »

Eagle1, welcome to the site!  I have seen the yellow and blue in person, definetly a sweet machine.  I would much rather have the 06 than the 05.  Congrats on the new bike and many happy miles ahead.  [smiley=engel017.gif]
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

Bad Bill

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2005, 06:11:18 PM »

Does anyone actually have a 2006 FLSTFSE2?  Mine will be in San Diego at the end of October.  I'm looking for owner impressions/opinions of the stock motorcycle.  Never had a softail, just FXR's and Dyna's over the years.

Thanks for any input.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2005, 07:39:40 AM »

I checked out the 06 range on the weekend & really loved the wide rear ends on the Softail family. I am sure my 05 would look great with one. Would the 06 parts bolt on to the 05? is there an offset problem with the belt drive? is the seat the same?
What parts would be required?
1. rear fender
2. swing arm
3. fender struts
5. wheel & 200 tyre
6. (some sort of offset kit)?
7. anything else????

[smiley=bulb2.gif]
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 07:44:49 AM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2005, 08:05:05 AM »

I checked out the 06 range on the weekend & really loved the wide rear ends on the Softail family. I am sure my 05 would look great with one. Would the 06 parts bolt on to the 05? is there an offset problem with the belt drive? is the seat the same?
 What parts would be required?
1. rear fender
2. swing arm
3. fender struts
5. wheel & 200 tyre
6. (some sort of offset kit)?
7. anything else????

[smiley=bulb2.gif]

This is what H-D put out at the start of the '06 model:

FXST/I Models (except Deuce™)
• 200 mm rear tires
• [bgcolor=Yellow]New frame and swingarm for 200 mm tires[/bgcolor]
• [bgcolor=Yellow]20 mm drive belt for Softail models with 200 mm rear tire[/bgcolor]
• OE on FXST/I, FXSTB/I, and FXSTS/I models
• [bgcolor=Yellow]Wider Bobtail fenders on these models for 200 mm tire.[/bgcolor]
• New 6"x17" rear wheels
• New wheel options for these models include a forged
rear disc wheel and a front Chrome Profile Laced wheel

Jerry
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 09:08:11 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

txfatboy

• Junior CVO Member
  • H-D High Dollar!
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2005, 09:02:57 PM »

Does anyone have pics of the concord purple/canyon copper (besides the stock pics)?  Mine won't be here until November, and the waiting is killing me!

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2005, 11:17:01 PM »

Does anyone have pics of the concord purple/canyon copper (besides the stock pics)?  Mine won't be here until November, and the waiting is killing me!

tx, i feel your pain man, im in the same boat it sounds like everyone will be getting that
color at the end of october. my dealer says thats the planned release date of that color
i called every harley dealer for 150mi around my area looking for a dealer who might have one, but i got the same answer from all of them. i beleve harley does this on purpose, not to give any dealer an advantage over another. i found one picture from tje
sturgis rally pictures, this was taken at the sturgis harley dealership, how they got one is beyond me. it was taken with a flash which makes the purple a little over exposed
but its better than nothing, i guess?

txfatboy

• Junior CVO Member
  • H-D High Dollar!
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2005, 03:37:19 PM »

EAGLE,

Thanks for the pic, I've had my doubts about that color, but looks nice in that pic.  That copper frame really stands out.  I could do without the purple, but hey...."beggers can't be choosers!"  It is kind of a WILD paint scheme...but i'm sure i'll get used to it.  Sure think the motor would have looked better in BLACK with chrome accents instead of grey.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2005, 08:02:58 PM »

EAGLE,

Thanks for the pic, I've had my doubts about that color, but looks nice in that pic.  That copper frame really stands out.  I could do without the purple, but hey...."beggers can't be choosers!"  It is kind of a WILD paint scheme...but i'm sure i'll get used to it.  Sure think the motor would have looked better in BLACK with chrome accents instead of grey.

tx, yea, i had my doubts too, but i think when you see it in person you will change your mind. the paint is what sets this bike apart from pack, no one will believe that it came straight from milwaukee!! i do agree with you about the motor, the black would have punched through all that chrome and looked smoking hot. overall its a small issue, considering all the other incredible features of the bike. well, ike you all i have been thinking about is getting this bike, i have all the pictures on my screen saver at home and work, i call the dealer almost daily to see if they have an update on the ship date
( they hate my guts) but i cant help it, i am totally head over heels over this bike, you could put a supermodel in front of the bike and i would just push her aside to get another look at the bike. all i can say is i am glad im only one state away from HD HQ, so when they do finally ship i can pitch a tent out at my harley dealer and wait for the truck to roll in.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 02:26:07 AM by EAGLE1 »

txfatboy

• Junior CVO Member
  • H-D High Dollar!
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2005, 09:17:12 AM »

EAGLE,

I too think about getting this bike everyday.  We have a rally to go to next week, and since I totalled my 01 fatboy, the dealer is going to let me have an 06 dyna as a demo for the rally.  I can't wait, as I haven't been on a bike in 3 months.  

Are you going to do any big changes when you get your bike?  I have to set mine up for 2-up riding as my wife and I usually ride together.  I plan on getting a sundowner seat, sissy bar, windshield, passenger pegs and vance & hines pipes.  I had thought about just getting a RK, but it seems like you get more for your money when you buy a cvo, and I didn't think I was ready for an Ultra yet!   Besides, I like the look of that rear 200 and front 140 tire.  I have a feeling that the 07 bikes will probably all come out with 200 rear tire, but that's just a guess.  But 200 is as big as they should go, in my opinion.  

CHAOS2006

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2005, 05:10:31 PM »

Hi all,
I too am getting the Fat Boy custom. I am also concerned about the paint. I am torn between the Purple and copper and the Autumn Haze and black. What do you guys think about the paint. Any pictures other than the factory would be great. I have one phot of the autumn haze one.
Chris

CHAOS2006

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2005, 05:17:36 PM »

Pictures

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2005, 05:19:17 PM »

Hi all,
I too am getting the Fat Boy custom. I am also concerned about the paint. I am torn between the Purple and copper and the Autumn Haze and black. What do you guys think about the paint. Any pictures other than the factory would be great. I have one phot of the autumn haze one.
Chris

Chris, you need to rename the files you're attempting to upload to remove the underscore and parantheses.  Just use alpha and numeral characters in your filenames for upload.  

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2005, 11:16:12 AM »

Hi all,
Chris

chris, i came across a couple of the pics, i have seen the Autumn Haze at my dealer and turned it down, the other two bikes have colored frames, the Autumn Haze combo makes it black, most stock bikes have this feature, but you pay extra for this on the cvo, that was a dumb move in my eye on harley's behalf. the blue and yellow is bright, it will stand out. but im not buying a bike that looks like most of my 4 year old's fisher price toys, so i am going with the Purple and copper, i think its the badass of the bunch!

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2005, 11:17:39 AM »

chris, i came across a couple of the pics, i have seen the Autumn Haze at my dealer and turned it down, the other two bikes have colored frames, the Autumn Haze combo makes it black, most stock bikes have this feature, but you pay extra for this on the cvo, that was a dumb move in my eye on harley's behalf. the blue and yellow is bright, it will stand out. but im not buying a bike that looks like most of my 4 year old's fisher price toys, so i am going with the Purple and copper, i think its the badass of the bunch!

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2005, 11:18:15 AM »

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2005, 11:20:52 AM »

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2005, 11:22:01 AM »

Autumn Haze

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2005, 11:23:07 AM »

Autumn Haze

Autumn Haze

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2005, 11:24:12 AM »

Autumn Haze

Autumn Haze

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2005, 11:39:27 AM »

Autumn Haze

da bomb
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 09:50:49 PM by EAGLE1 »

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2005, 10:54:21 PM »

Nice pics Eagle1, thanks for posting them [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2005, 10:02:01 PM »

Nice pics Eagle1, thanks for posting them [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

no problemo dude! glad to be of service, i spent quite some time searching for pic's of the 06 when i was trying to decide which color to choose. just got the word today that my Concord Purple & Canyon Copper
will be in on monday!! [smiley=banana.gif], so i'll post some pics after i get back from the dealer. they said i could druel on it, :o before they clean it up.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 09:41:22 PM by EAGLE1 »

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

Re: 2006 FLSTFSE2 delivery
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2005, 01:57:05 PM »

hey guys, e-mailed a friend at harley davidson about the delivery of the Concord Purple & Canyon Copper
2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle fat boy, because i am getting bullchit from the dealer as far as a ship date.
here is the reply i got from him today!!!!  :'( :'(

Hi George,

My understanding is that the Fat Boy CVO line is running about 3½ weeks behind schedule. They are currently building the Canyon copper bikes now, so your bike should be shipped sometime by mid to late November.

It’s a fantastic bike. Enjoy!

Paul

Bad Bill

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2005, 03:39:54 PM »

Gentlemen,

My purple & orange SEFB supossedly shipped from York, PA on 10/19/05.  Called the dealer this morning and the bike has not arrived.  I think someone could have pushed the truck from PA to CA in two weeks.  The dealer expects it this week...  I guess I'll believe them when I see the motorcycle.  Anyone laid eyes on a purple & orange?  I've only seen the blue & yellow.

Rubber side down.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2005, 05:06:09 PM »

Gentlemen,

My purple & orange SEFB supossedly shipped from York, PA on 10/19/05.  Called the dealer this morning and the bike has not arrived.  I think someone could have pushed the truck from PA to CA in two weeks.  The dealer expects it this week...  I guess I'll believe them when I see the motorcycle.  Anyone laid eyes on a purple & orange?  I've only seen the blue & yellow.

Rubber side down.

bill, did you not read my post? these bikes have not shipped yet. if your dealer is saying
they did, he is full of chit. the dealers dont have the facts, i e-mailed a friend that works
directly for Harley Davidson. i have known him for many years and i trust what he is telling
me. i have heard the same line from my sales guy for 3 weeks now "The dealer expects it this week... "  yea right!!!!! thats why i contacted my friend, i got tired of the bullchit  >:(

Bad Bill

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2005, 05:52:30 PM »

bill, did you not read my post? these bikes have not shipped yet. if your dealer is saying
they did, he is full of chit. the dealers dont have the facts, i e-mailed a friend that works
directly for Harley Davidson. i have known him for many years and i trust what he is telling
me. i have heard the same line from my sales guy for 3 weeks now "The dealer expects it this week... "  yea right!!!!! thats why i contacted my friend, i got tired of the bullchit  >:(

Eagle,

When did you learn this from your friend at H-D?

Good thing I didn't sell my Dyna...

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2005, 05:57:13 PM »

Eagle,

When did you learn this from your friend at H-D?

Good thing I didn't sell my Dyna...

bill, i got the e-mail at lunch today 11-2-2005

Bad Bill

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2005, 04:01:32 PM »

Eagle-

Dealer just called.  They received a fax this morning from the motor company informing them the SEEG's are 6 weeks behind schedule and the SEFB's are 3 weeks behind.  Your source knows his stuff.

The good news is the dealer took the time to call and even appolgized for the delay.  They admit no one knows when the bike will actually ship.  What the hell, I ride every day in San Diego and what's another month for a purple and orange brute...

Let me know when your bike arrives and I'll do the same.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2005, 04:56:51 PM »

Eagle-

Dealer just called.  They received a fax this morning from the motor company informing them the SEEG's are 6 weeks behind schedule and the SEFB's are 3 weeks behind.  Your source knows his stuff.

The good news is the dealer took the time to call and even appolgized for the delay.  They admit no one knows when the bike will actually ship.  What the hell, I ride every day in San Diego and what's another month for a purple and orange brute...

Let me know when your bike arrives and I'll do the same.

Yep, the dealers know nothing, I found that out right away, for the last 3 weeks they have been telling me that it’s coming this week, and then another week passes by and I get the same line again. They don’t want to jeopardize a sale so they tell you what you want to hear and then change the story week by week, it’s BULLchit!   >:(  They don’t realize the emotional roller coaster they put you on when they tell you that chit. I flat out told them not to call me until its sitting in their showroom. personally I really don’t care if its late 3 weeks either, all I want is some honesty, if you don’t know chit tell me so, don’t get me all excited for nothing. That’s why I decided to e-mail my friend from HD. he is a production manager who has been with them for over 15 yrs. I am a design engineer for a major gear machine manufacture and I am proud to say that I designed several of the automated gear cutting machines that Harley utilizes in their gear production facilities. I am one of the lucky guys who has had the opportunity to tour several of the HD production facilities, including York, PA. where our bikes are being built. so when the bullchit started to fly, I decided to call in a favor from an old friend. Hell, I never really thought about it, but I could probably find out the exact frickin day they start shipping our bikes. I will let you know when I hear any more real information.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2005, 09:05:48 PM »

[smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif]  [smiley=2vrolijk_20.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_20.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_20.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_20.gif] [smiley=znotworthy.gif] [smiley=znotworthy.gif] [smiley=znotworthy.gif] [smiley=znotworthy.gif]

enhanced picture from sturges

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2005, 08:44:17 PM »

i found one more of the engine withe copper frame  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Bad Bill

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2005, 02:19:33 PM »

Yep, the dealers know nothing, I found that out right away, for the last 3 weeks they have been telling me that it’s coming this week, and then another week passes by and I get the same line again. They don’t want to jeopardize a sale so they tell you what you want to hear and then change the story week by week, it’s BULLchit!   >:(  They don’t realize the emotional roller coaster they put you on when they tell you that chit. I flat out told them not to call me until its sitting in their showroom. personally I really don’t care if its late 3 weeks either, all I want is some honesty, if you don’t know chit tell me so, don’t get me all excited for nothing. That’s why I decided to e-mail my friend from HD. he is a production manager who has been with them for over 15 yrs. I am a design engineer for a major gear machine manufacture and I am proud to say that I designed several of the automated gear cutting machines that Harley utilizes in their gear production facilities. I am one of the lucky guys who has had the opportunity to tour several of the HD production facilities, including York, PA. where our bikes are being built. so when the bullchit started to fly, I decided to call in a favor from an old friend. Hell, I never really thought about it, but I could probably find out the exact frickin day they start shipping our bikes. I will let you know when I hear any more real information.

Dealer just called.  Bike has arrived.  Will install the extras and I'll pick up on Friday, 11/11.  Veteran's Day - perfect timing - I'll ride it to Ft. Rosecrans for the memorial service.

Let us know when your motorcycle arrives.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2005, 02:48:22 PM »

Dealer just called.  Bike has arrived.  Will install the extras and I'll pick up on Friday, 11/11.  Veteran's Day - perfect timing - I'll ride it to Ft. Rosecrans for the memorial service.

Let us know when your motorcycle arrives.

bill,
no chit, i was expecting at least another week before they started shipping,
when did you actually order yours, i had my order in on 9-16-2005.
you are all the way in southern cal, i would have expected to see mine first.
are you giong down to see it, before they prep it. if so snap a pic or two if you can.
congrats!!!!!  [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Bad Bill

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2005, 03:08:45 PM »

bill,
no chit, i was expecting at least another week before they started shipping,
when did you actually order yours, i had my order in on 9-16-2005.
you are all the way in southern cal, i would have expected to see mine first.
are you giong down to see it, before they prep it. if so snap a pic or two if you can.
congrats!!!!!  [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Eagle,

Gave the deposit on 9/3 or 9/4.  Don't have the receipt in the office.  Unfortunately, I can't get to the dealer until Friday - too much work...  The sales guy said the bike is ready to go - they just have to install the accessories and exhaust.  Of course, rain is in the forecast for SoCal through Friday - go figure.  I guess it beats snow...

I think CA models are slightly different from 49 state bikes.  Catalytic converters in the mufflers or something.  Maybe HD produced a batch of CA bikes early for the long ride in the truck.  Who knows.  I hope yours arrives soon.

Bill

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2005, 03:22:47 PM »

bill,

i see you had your order in at least a week before me, so it makes sense.
i was wondering what accessories are you getting installed, and which pipes are you going with. didnt you want to break in the bike with the stock setup, since
you cant crank on it or get a dyno until then.

Bad Bill

« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2005, 03:57:18 PM »

bill,

i was wondering what accessories are you getting installed, and which pipes are you going with. didnt you want to break in the bike with the stock setup, since

Eagle,

Sundowner seat, passenger foot boards and sissy bar with pad and luggage rack.  RB Racing LSR 2-1.  I've been very pleased with the LSR 2-1 Pro Stock on my Dyna for the last four years.  It's loud and the black paint looks like hell but the bike runs great.  The regular LSR 2-1 has a baffle and should make the neighbors sleep better when the brute starts up at 6:15am every morning in the driveway.  

My plan is to ride the bike like I stole it from day one.  I've ridden HD's since 1968 and each one got the same break in schedule - warm up carefully, easy first 3 miles, then red line at least twice during the ride.  If it breaks, it can be fixed or replaced.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2005, 08:15:22 PM »

bill,

sounds like its going to be badass, i have been riding 20+ myself, all carb's though, so i have very little experience with changing pipes on an injected bike, those pipes look great for 2-1's. i usually prefer the staggered
look, but those look mean. since i have not decided which pipes to use and my riding season is closing in fast, i will probably wait until after the thaw to decide. thanks for the insight bill, good luck with the orange brute!

[smiley=drink.gif]

GolfPro22

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2005, 10:14:18 PM »

Saw an Autum Haze SE FB today at the delaership. It had just arrived and was being prepped for the lucky new owner.  WOW-  absolutley one of the best looking motorcycles I have ever seen. Period!
Chris
FLHTCUSE

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2005, 09:12:27 AM »

Saw an Autum Haze SE FB today at the delaership. It had just arrived and was being prepped for the lucky new owner.  WOW-  absolutley one of the best looking motorcycles I have ever seen. Period!
Chris
FLHTCUSE

Hi Chris, great to see you in here!!! So what bikes are currently in your stable? Have you gone and purchased a new Fatty recentely? Been a while since I've seen you on any forums. Hope all is going well with you and yours.  :)  Sandy

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2005, 11:36:27 PM »

bill,

Lots of schools of thought on that. Alot of folks myself included feel you should ride it how you ride it from day one..........The techs at the assembly line didnt baby it when they tested the bike before they sent it to you ( and every bike seees the dyno before it leave York).They jump on em on the dyno as if riding it like they stole it. There was actually a thread somewhere in here discussing break in theories and it seems the best results have been from the guys who rode it like they stole it from day 1.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 11:37:51 PM by sefatboyscott »
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.327 seconds with 21 queries.