Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: new 2009 CVO FAT BOB owners-comments - questions -shared info/discoveries  (Read 9590 times)

DAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3
Re: new 2009 CVO FAT BOB owners-comments - questions -shared info/discoveries
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2008, 11:04:32 PM »

Welcome to CVO Harley from Southern Indiana!   :2vrolijk_21:
FLHTCUSE3 - 2008 105th anniversary
V&H Dresser Duals
V&H Monster Ovals
Super SERT
Big Sucker A/C
American Legend Sport Trailer
Member #4518

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
Re: new 2009 CVO FAT BOB owners-comments - questions -shared info/discoveries
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2008, 11:35:36 AM »

Hello : Syoder76 here (Sean ) . Still learning how to use this sight, so forgive me if I am out of place.
Just bout my second Harley [ 2009 CVO FAT BOB Screamin Eagle 110 ] . I launched a search for info for slip ons and came to your sight. Through my readings, I discovered Rush ,2-1/2 baffles. Today I went to a Harley dealer and found that all of the hired help new nothing of this topic. All of there 08 catalogs are of no help unless you ask them to call the actual maker of the slip on you want. Turns out Rush indeed makes a specific slip-on for the 09 CVO Fat Bob. How ever, I chose the 2" baffle verses the 2-1/2 because I want some back pressure to help preserved the engine in the long run. In my opinion based on many different opinions of Harley service techs , is that to little or no back pressure can not only result in running hot , but also could result in a loss of horse power.
  My dealer ( whom I will no longer deal with ) talked me out of slip ons and told me they would remove the baffles to achieve the same results ( good loud sound ).
Well, I am here to say it sounds great, but pops excessively during throttle down. I called another dealer closer to me and they said that was wrong to do. They said that dealer should have never advised that. They said the engine will run hot.
  That brings me to a side thought : I thought popping , also known as back firing was and explosion of excess gas in the exhaust system. I am being told that removing the baffles made the engine run lean. If its running lean, where is the back firing coming from ?
  Now, back to the topic of getting better sound out of the Fat Bob.   Ask your parts advisers to call the makers.  You will achieve better results. Most makers of parts and ECMs/tuners haven't even updated there web sights yet.
  I also found out that the "Model 5 " power commander will not be out till October. The "Thunder Max " ECM while a great expensive product that produces excellent results, binds me to my certified mechanic. It also is a pain to restart the bike if you disconnect the power. If You don't restart the bike in a specific manor, you will loose the program in the "Thunder Max " ECM. So , I went with Harley's Sreamin Eagle Tuner. A four hour dyno tuned process, that keeps the original EC M.
 I also have an 08 Victory and formerly owned a 06 Fat Boy. Both ran much much smother that the 09 Fat BOB. That being said , I love the performance of the 110 engine and the fit of the bike to my 5-8" frame.
Any thoughts or advice or corrections is welcome...please.

Sean,
Benvenutti la famiglia CVO from the Great Pacific North West! Hang on to your wallet.

:worthless:

Ride Safe!  :coolblue:

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.