Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Starting to get wonder if I’m making the right choice  (Read 13752 times)

REGGAB

Re: Starting to get wonder if I’m making the right choice
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2008, 09:12:22 PM »

I've had my SEUC for two great years now and the only issue I've had is one set of leaking head gaskets.  She's in for her "product enhancement" right now.  I would buy another CVO with a 110 in a micro second.  The enjoyment I've had on that motorcycle far outweighs any frustrations that the 110 may have caused me.  Which is actually none, because when the SEUC is in the shop, the few times she's been in, I have the Street Glide to ride, so I'm still good to go.   :2vrolijk_21:  Anyway, if you don't think owning a CVO isn't special, then go up with CVO owners group and tour the York factory and CVO facility, then when all those blinged up versions of Harley's finest get lined up to leave and the factory employees come out to take a picture of you...now that's special.  8)

:devil:

Always a good thing to have a backup ride.   :2vrolijk_21:

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2008, 09:31:02 PM »

Always a good thing to have a backup ride.   :2vrolijk_21:

Yessir it is Henry.   ;)  :2vrolijk_21:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

REGGAB

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2008, 09:38:35 PM »

Yessir it is Henry.   ;)  :2vrolijk_21:

I couldn't imagine the jones from which I'd be suffering without a second bike right about now, Charlie.............keeps me on an even keel while the green bike is undergoing surgery.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2008, 09:41:59 PM »

I couldn't imagine the jones from which I'd be suffering without a second bike right about now, Charlie.............keeps me on an even keel while the green bike is undergoing surgery.

You got that right.  I used to get depressed when I just had the one and it'd be in the shop. Not anymore.  I guess if it ever happens that both are in the shop at the same time, I'll just have to get a third one, or be like my hero Chip, and have a whole stable-full of them and a couple of scooters to run to the 7-11 and back.   :2vrolijk_21:

2012 FLHXSE3

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2008, 09:52:26 PM »

Just do it. Ive had mine since 02 and no problems due to mfg. defects. i have done major mods to the engine without worries. rode 4200mi. in 11 days this year (sturgis) and never gave it a second thought. BUY IT, RIDE IT AND LOVE IT. you will swell with pride every time you look at it. :huepfenjump3:
a.k.a  Dent Dude

REGGAB

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2008, 09:54:53 PM »

You got that right.  I used to get depressed when I just had the one and it'd be in the shop. Not anymore.  I guess if it ever happens that both are in the shop at the same time, I'll just have to get a third one, or be like my hero Chip, and have a whole stable-full of them and a couple of scooters to run to the 7-11 and back.   :2vrolijk_21:

A third one has crossed my mind...........but I want an EVO.........a 1998 95th Anniversary Edition FLTR.........carbureted, of course.  Unfortunately, all it's gonna do (for a little while) is cross my mind, since I can't get it to pass muster via Renea the Household Finance Committee.
So until then, I need to keep at least one bike FMC.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2008, 10:39:21 PM »

A third one has crossed my mind...........but I want an EVO.........a 1998 95th Anniversary Edition FLTR.........carbureted, of course.  Unfortunately, all it's gonna do (for a little while) is cross my mind, since I can't get it to pass muster via Renea the Household Finance Committee.
So until then, I need to keep at least one bike FMC.

Understand that.  CinCHouse stated that I have ran out of room on "my side" of the garage with the two motorcycles there and she is not giving up her side of the garage for more motorcycles.  Maybe, just have to sell the house and get a new on with a three four-car garage.  :nixweiss:

2012 FLHXSE3

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2008, 04:11:26 AM »

Go to the forums for any make or model bike and you will see problems listed.  This site would be pretty boring if everyone just logged on and wrote " My bike is great and I have never had a problem with it".  Obviously, not everything on the forum is a problem either.  It's just the fact that none of us is capable of leaving well enough alone and we share ways to modify our bikes, or better ways to do the same task, or provide guidance to where things are available, and so forth.  Some of it is just plain old communication between people with a common interest, and that interest(the CVO's) is just one arm of the greater Harley family, for which we are all a part and I am proud to be a part of that family.  I have had zero problems with my new CVO and I had no problems with my last Harley.  I expect that if I tinker enough, eventually I'll have a problem to solve and what a great place this is to find the solution.  So, if you are worried about buying that new Harley, git'r'done.  Your family is awaiting you.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2008, 04:27:54 AM »

It's just the fact that none of us is capable of leaving well enough alone and we share ways to modify our bikes, or better ways to do the same task, or provide guidance to where things are available, and so forth. 

Bullchit.  Mine are stock and they're staying that way.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2008, 04:37:01 AM »

You mean you haven't changed anything on your bikes?  Is that tan seat stock?  If you haven't changed anything on the 2 bikes you have, you have much more willpower than I will ever have.  Power to you.  I just can't seem to quit coming up with more things to add and change.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2008, 04:45:25 AM »

You mean you haven't changed anything on your bikes?  Is that tan seat stock?  If you haven't changed anything on the 2 bikes you have, you have much more willpower than I will ever have.  Power to you.  I just can't seem to quit coming up with more things to add and change.

Nope.  They're stock.  Both of them.  Really. 

Not only never changed anything myself never was so mean as to offer up ideas that caused others to spend money either.  Stock is what it's all about.  Harley nails everything about them to begin with. 

Anything tan must be an optical illusion in the photo.  Here's a closeup to show it better.  See, nothing tan at all!

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2008, 04:49:54 AM »

That's a 2 into 1 exhaust.  That isn't stock, is it?  Tinkering includes having someone else put upgrades on.  LOL.  I'm hitting the hay here.  It's almost 5am and I haven't been to sleep yet.

REGGAB

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2008, 06:14:48 AM »

Understand that.  CinCHouse stated that I have ran out of room on "my side" of the garage with the two motorcycles there and she is not giving up her side of the garage for more motorcycles.  Maybe, just have to sell the house and get a new on with a three four-car garage.  :nixweiss:

Checkbook 06 says we need a detached garage and a pool BEFORE we get another bike.  I sorta, kinda, get my way when it comes to the garage, so I'm not in any real hurry to bid out the detached garage job.  It is one of two rooms in the house that are mine............Man caves...........No Girls Allowed.
The 06 element is really more concerned about a pool, so I'll have to address that one first and see what happens.  Might be able to sneak a third machine between the pool and the garage if I do it during the summer when she's occupied with her pool.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

REGGAB

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2008, 06:51:46 AM »

That's a 2 into 1 exhaust.  That isn't stock, is it?  Tinkering includes having someone else put upgrades on.  LOL.  I'm hitting the hay here.  It's almost 5am and I haven't been to sleep yet.

It'll be OK, my friend.  Keep right on scrolling.  Yer doin' fine.   :2vrolijk_21:

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2008, 07:46:19 AM »

I think you're confusing a corporate legal position, which, by the way is entirely necessary to protect against self induced claims, with the likelihood that a responsible dealer would provide warranty work on mods that they approved and installed.  As many threads have mentioned, there are good, average and poor dealerships when it comes to providing warranty service.  I've had exceptional service with regard to warranty work over the years and have never had a question raised when installing the mods that you describe as well as SE pistons, cams and heads.

Denial is effective, unless it happens to you.  They always have an out, because nobody keeps their bikes stock. 
Any day on the bike is a good day.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 21 queries.