Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What About Mumbai?  (Read 896 times)

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
What About Mumbai?
« on: November 27, 2008, 09:03:35 AM »

I must say... I'm surprised no one here has said anything about what is happening in Mumbai India!

6-9 coordinated terrorist attacks, at least 2 on hotels, 2 on hospitals, a resteraunt, and the train station.

At least a hundred dead, hundreds more injured.

When the shootings and the bombings were all said and done, the terrorists started hunting out Foreign Nationals.... and now there's hostages.... some are yours, some are ours!

http://www.cnn.com/

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_29542.aspx
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 09:12:29 AM by murphy »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: What About Mumbai?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 11:46:07 AM »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 12:40:38 PM »

murphy
          What about Mumbai ? What you expect from us ?

B B
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 12:58:39 PM by SPIDERMAN »

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 01:08:57 PM »

Foreign Nationals from the west were the targets, not Indians... they just kind of got in the way.

Not to mention they were also able to assassinate the number one counter terrorist in the country!

I guess with all the political stuff I've seen in here in the past, I thought I'd see something.... not really sure what I expected. :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 01:11:43 PM by murphy »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 01:23:34 PM »

murphy
          terrorism isn't an exact science. mostly it seems to be blow something up and hope you kill some of what you were after. i'm not immune to this, but india hasn't exactly been in the forefront of fighting terrorism. from what i've read, they look at the whole thing along the lines of their long standing issues with pakistan and the surrounding countries. more of the same in different guise. personally i think they're slanting their news reports so as to make the USA and Great Britain feel responsible. course that's just my view. it's a known fact, i'm not a big fan of india. not saying i wish anyone harm. any death especially innocents is a tragedy, but we've got our own issues here at home in the states we need to spend time on. the world at large will not let us go after the terrorists with 21st century weapons technology so we fight like a bunch of 17th century militias. the terrorists know this and use it against us. ok, i'm drifting off into politics which is banned from the site. matter of fact if the mods don't like my post here then feel free to delete it. it won't hurt my feelings.

B B

Wildrat

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 03:59:43 PM »

I'm agreed with TwoLaneRider & SpiderMan. What are we supposed to do, just moan about it. Whining is not going to do anything to resolve the situation. But, if I were in a position to do something, I would investigate the bombings, not jump to conclusions. Then once the investigation was done and say for example the trail led back to a region of Pakistan or India, I would have a recall of a couple bomber squadrons with support units, which would be fighters. The bombers would be loaded with large bombs and cruise missiles on the wings, the fighters would have some AGM-65's, AIM-120's, AIM-9 missiles, and we won't forget the Navy. The Navy can do what ever it is they do if we can tear them away from each other :vrolijk_6:. Oh, I'm sorry I did not mean each other, I meant dinner :pineapple: . Then let the military do what they are trained to do fight wars, not police countries that do not want us there.
If their are any Navy fellas here, I apologize for my comments! I know you get lonely out in the ocean, in a nuclear powered bathtub. ;)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 04:04:30 PM »

Wildrat
         The Navy could solve the entire problem with just one Arleigh Burke class destroyer of which there are currently 53 afloat. Do some research to see what these ships are capable of. HOWEVER, this is what I'm referring to when I mention that we are not allowed to utilize 21st century military technology. I take no issue with your preference for the flyboys and jarheads, but at least be informed of the capabilities of the folks you're crapping on.

B B

PS
  I'm not in the Navy, never have been, but I spent 28 years building floating weapons platforms for them.

Wildrat

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 04:19:53 PM »

I know their capabilities SpiderMan. I was not crapping on them, I was just giving back some of that inter-service love. Jar-Heads are also part of the Navy.

MontyB

• Amazing! You can actually SEE the laws of physics breaking!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Twilight
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 09:27:12 PM »

I know their capabilities SpiderMan. I was not crapping on them, I was just giving back some of that inter-service love. Jar-Heads are also part of the Navy.

I know a few Marines who would take exception to that remark... ;)
"Good news, Marge!  I've learned how to walk naked on stilts!"
Iron Butt Assn #33622
Tennessee Squire

Page created in 0.384 seconds with 21 queries.