Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Orange County Choppers CVO  (Read 13313 times)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: Orange County Choppers CVO
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2006, 08:36:17 AM »

I read a while back that the feds (epa) would cause some problems with the custom bike building scene ( I forgot what the year). But the rules read something like I will only be able to build one custom in my life. And shops could only do like 20 bikes a year. Some people were planning to sell the bikes as kits and assemble the for a fee . I think all this stuff I can't remember, was posted on this site a while back. If epa steps in where does that leave these small quantity manufacturers like OCC? I noticed the last builds I seen them do for their give-away bikes they used
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2006, 11:03:21 PM »

Jerry, thats been the rule for some time now,but theres an easy out, since old school is making a come back, you need to pick up an old basketcase from a barn with a straight frame and a clean title, the build it frame up in your own image. it will always be a vintage bike in the eyes of the EPA

Yes that's the ticket. Vintage frame with a 124". [smiley=drink.gif]

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2006, 08:06:02 AM »

B, you lived in Maine.... you know there lots of basket cases in barns in New England, a widow finds it on the property thought the husband had sold it off decades ago......  they're out there just need to be in the right place at the right time to find em
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2006, 08:15:06 AM »

The old needle in the haystack theory.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2006, 02:26:30 PM »

Well I found one once, and as you say, there was a widow. It was a 61 Pan. Covered in 20 years of acculated crud and crap. I should have given her her money BEFORE I dug it out. Once I had it out of the barn and mostly cleaned off enought to get it in the truck, she started wailin and whinin and actually hugged the damn thing. Ended up telling me she couldn't bear to part with it. One bike in 30 years of lookin - - - -I'll be the first to send you a bottle of Jack if you find one and can buy if without sellin one of your kids.

Could not help to think about the digging part. Couple thousand years from now someone uncovering one and wondering what the heck this primitive device ws used for?

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2006, 09:01:57 AM »

Let me get this straight
" Why Johnny Ringo ...you look like somone just ..walked across your grave"

ace4059

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2006, 11:25:17 PM »

I recently met a very successful local businessman (can you sat "millions") who also is a vintage HD collector- he hates modern bikes of all kinds. He says if you can't kick start it and it doesn't leak oil it ain't worth riding. This guy says(& I believe him) he has met both Jesse James and Paul Sr. He said James builds some really nice bikes, but OCC builds junk theme bikes that aren't any better than your local chop shop. He said he had a few beers w/ Paul Sr. and Paul Sr. said "I'm the luckiest SOB on this planet, I was just doing my thing when a tv crew came by to film a one time documentary and the bigwigs liked the way we screamed at each other and before I knew it I'm rolling in the dough"
How luck can you get?
 Maybe somebody will come by my house and put me and my wife and kids on TV!!!
There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.- Roger Staubach.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2006, 12:28:39 AM »

I recently met a very successful local businessman (can you sat "millions") who also is a vintage HD collector- he hates modern bikes of all kinds. He says if you can't kick start it and it doesn't leak oil it ain't worth riding. This guy says(& I believe him) he has met both Jesse James and Paul Sr. He said James builds some really nice bikes, but OCC builds junk theme bikes that aren't any better than your local chop shop. He said he had a few beers w/ Paul Sr. and Paul Sr. said "I'm the luckiest SOB on this planet, [highlight]I was just doing my thing when a tv crew came by to film a one time documentary[/highlight] and the bigwigs liked the way we screamed at each other and before I knew it I'm rolling in the dough"
How luck can you get? Maybe somebody will come by my house and put me and my wife and kids on TV!!!

Timing makes genuisses of fools and fools of geniusses!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.