Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: The damm Bitubo's dont fit a SERK!!!!  (Read 5617 times)

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
    • BlackSheep Harley-Davidsons for Christ
Re: The damm Bitubo's dont fit a SERK!!!!
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2009, 10:53:03 PM »

It's too bad you couldn't make them work.  I mean really!

It took me quite a while to get the Bitubo's set up, but now that they're dialed in it is such a nice ride.  I just got in from an aggressive ride through twisties, then easy does it to home.  SO nice.  AK-20's comin' next.  Just sorry I didn't have time to get the AK's done before Sturgis. 

Redline V-Twin Syn 20W50 (winter), 20W60 (summer) in the crank case.
Redline Heavy Shockproof in the tranny.
Amsoil Super Shift Syn ATF in the primary.

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2009, 10:28:02 AM »

Here is how I mounted my by bags to the bracket eliminating those funky little fasteners. I'll admit when they work they are a cool little fastener, however, they do not provide the protection I was looking for. My solution is simple but not exactly easy on the eyes when the bags are off. I'm sure there are better ways of doing it to look cleaner. If you look at the photos you will notice that they stay on there all the time. When I want to remove the bags I use a 5/8" socket to loosen the aircraft nuts and slide the bags off the studs. When I install the bags I make sure I put a washer on the stud then line up the bags rubber grommet with the stud and gently push it through. It may not be for everbody. The hardware I use is as follows; (4) 1-1/2"L x 1/2" make sure they are threaded the full length, I had to use my threading kit but you may be able to purchase them fully threaded. (4) jam nuts, low profile. If I knew a machinist I could get them even thinner. (4) 1/2" aircraft nuts. (12) fender washers. Do not use lock washers as you don't want to get them that tight. Hint, since I have been known to have the dropsies from time to time I have a few extra parts in my tool kit. Do not overtighten. I used 1/2 thread size because that is what I had on hand, I'm sure a smaller size would be adequate. If someone is shopping for saddle bags they will find mine a little more challenging and may move on.   

Ray G

Traxxion Dynamics

• Vendor
    • Motorcycle Suspension
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2009, 10:28:36 AM »

Also, in an attempt to be shamelessly cheap and selfish here (and beat everyone else to it), any chance this pair is going to be offered at a discount for all the miles they've covered (in a UPS truck :huepfenlol2: )?

Quick thinking!   :coolblue:

That set has some scrapes on the resi's. One of my dealers is trying that set out. I will let you know if they come back, but I don't think they will. If they do, they will be discounted, and you'll have first dibs.
Traxxion Dynamics Inc.
motorcyle suspension

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2009, 10:33:15 AM »

Quick thinking!   :coolblue:

That set has some scrapes on the resi's. One of my dealers is trying that set out. I will let you know if they come back, but I don't think they will. If they do, they will be discounted, and you'll have first dibs.

Cool.  Either message here or give a call.  In your database as Don Carey.  The schmuck who was the one to find you guys and lead all this merry CVO crowd your way. 

Crap.  Maybe I shouldn't have told him that?

What the hell, I want another set of these shocks for the other bike anyway..... :huepfenlol2:

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
    • BlackSheep Harley-Davidsons for Christ
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2009, 05:47:54 PM »

Here is how I mounted my by bags to the bracket eliminating those funky little fasteners. I'll admit when they work they are a cool little fastener, however, they do not provide the protection I was looking for. My solution is simple but not exactly easy on the eyes when the bags are off. I'm sure there are better ways of doing it to look cleaner. If you look at the photos you will notice that they stay on there all the time. When I want to remove the bags I use a 5/8" socket to loosen the aircraft nuts and slide the bags off the studs. When I install the bags I make sure I put a washer on the stud then line up the bags rubber grommet with the stud and gently push it through. It may not be for everbody. The hardware I use is as follows; (4) 1-1/2"L x 1/2" make sure they are threaded the full length, I had to use my threading kit but you may be able to purchase them fully threaded. (4) jam nuts, low profile. If I knew a machinist I could get them even thinner. (4) 1/2" aircraft nuts. (12) fender washers. Do not use lock washers as you don't want to get them that tight. Hint, since I have been known to have the dropsies from time to time I have a few extra parts in my tool kit. Do not overtighten. I used 1/2 thread size because that is what I had on hand, I'm sure a smaller size would be adequate. If someone is shopping for saddle bags they will find mine a little more challenging and may move on.   

Ray G

I like it, and will likely do the same (or a similar version w/quick disconnect from inside the bag).  Thanks for the tip!

Redline V-Twin Syn 20W50 (winter), 20W60 (summer) in the crank case.
Redline Heavy Shockproof in the tranny.
Amsoil Super Shift Syn ATF in the primary.

deaf1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2009, 08:01:57 PM »

Here are some pics of a shock w/o a external reservoir look like.. There just isnt any room for the Bitubo shock to work on a 08.  Sorry about the small image size...

deaf1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2009, 08:02:32 PM »

And another
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.