Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: First bit of damage  (Read 6987 times)

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
Re: First bit of damage
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2006, 09:12:45 PM »

They finally called. I went and visited my bike today at Carolina H-D. It's all back together in the new frame with the new parts. The only thing I am waiting on is the little swingarm inserts and new Kuryakun Lizard lights which needed replacing after the backs of them stripped off when they removed them from my original frame. They just sent in a supplemental to my insurance claim to get them covered, ordered them today. The Silver Sled will be back home in a little over a week!!!!!!!!

Aussie Mike that means you will be getting a package soon as well!
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2006, 10:22:35 PM »

Congratulations Scott.  It's a shame this had to happen and you had to deal it.  Got to say though, the repair turned around more quickly than I'd expected.

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2006, 11:10:43 PM »

Yeah Twolane, I thought the same thing. I can't believe how fast they got my frame. I was also impressed with the little detail of my LEDs. If the insurance wasn't going to cover those I wasn't even concerned about replacing them. I just want my bike back home where she belongs. Here in NC there have been quite a few beautiful riding days recently that I am missing out on but the agony is almost over!!
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2006, 05:16:31 AM »

Thats great news Scott, & like 2lane said it could have taken alot longer (even though it probably seemed like forever to you. Even your fender took 4-5 months the first time didn't it, & the reorder of that was before the "First Bit Of Damage Saga" started. I'm waiting for a front fender (if you saw my thread on fender rust) Good to see a post from you. Trust all is well with you & zero & ya had a great  xmas & new year.

Cheers
 [smiley=drink.gif]
Mike [smiley=drink.gif]

« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 05:17:48 AM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2006, 09:22:16 PM »

WE had a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year as well thanks for asking and I hope the same was true for you. How long ago did you order your front fender? I did see that post about the rust under the clear coat.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2006, 04:31:25 AM »

WE had a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year as well thanks for asking and I hope the same was true for you. How long ago did you order your front fender? I did see that post about the rust under the clear coat.

Yeah it was great! exactly 1 month ago today 3-5 to go I suppose. Still cant believe how quick your frame came, with the xmas break & all.

Cheers
 [smiley=drink.gif]
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Alazlo

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2006, 10:31:47 PM »

The dealer will most likely have to cut the neck off the frame and send it back to HD before they will produce another with the matching VIN. That is why it will take so long for the repairs :'(

They will need to cut the neck off the frame but they don't have to send the cut off neck until after the receive the new frame... The dealer is required to send this back to Harley. Once the city replaces your frame you no longer own the old one. Basically you agree to turn in the old frame in order to receive the new one. This is all about the VIN number, not the frame.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 10:40:22 PM by Alazlo »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.