Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: GolfPro22's new Black/Slate  (Read 7677 times)

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
Re: GolfPro22's new Black/Slate
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2005, 08:49:32 PM »

WOO - HOO Chris, I like it

What exhaust did you go with?

Awesome Scooter

jeffj

GolfPro22

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2005, 08:54:11 PM »

Looks great Chris, so you've decided to keep it??  Enjoy it man, put another 300 smiles on mine today.  [smiley=jalapeno.gif]

ACTUALLY, FR8TRN, I will probably end up with an '06 ULTRA CLASSIC.  Will be talking with my dealer tomorrow- but this SE is not quite right for me.  After my ride today (which is when I took the photos) I retuned it to the delaer (again) for some work.  We'll see-  but I am losing patience.  Glad to hear that you are happy with yours.  I like the torque/HP and the stereo for sure - but the bike is a "weaver" on the interstate.
Chris

GolfPro22

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2005, 08:55:22 PM »

WOO - HOO Chris, I like it

What exhaust did you go with?

Awesome Scooter

jeffj

That is the V&H duals.. great sound in my opinion.
Chirs

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2005, 09:18:18 PM »

ACTUALLY, FR8TRN, I will probably end up with an '06 ULTRA CLASSIC.  Will be talking with my dealer tomorrow- but this SE is not quite right for me.  After my ride today (which is when I took the photos) I retuned it to the delaer (again) for some work.  We'll see-  but I am losing patience.  Glad to hear that you are happy with yours.  I like the torque/HP and the stereo for sure - but the bike is a "weaver" on the interstate.
Chris

Sorry to hear that Chris, hope ya have better luck with the Ultra if ya go that way.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2005, 09:33:29 PM »

Don't mean to belabor what was likely an obvious thing for the shop to check.  But might they have spent a ton of time working on the bike when the problem might be a tire.  I've had bikes with a bad case of wander-lust when a tire has suffered a little internally.  Even new ones might not be perfect.  Even more so on bikes than on cars this will effect stabiity.  On cars the tires and wheels don't also have to serve as the gyroscopes that keep us upright and straight.  Just an idea....

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2005, 10:06:42 PM »

Nice scooter.  Why would you think an ultra would handle any different?  Probably needs the wheels aligned.  Man hate to see ya get rid of it.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2005, 10:14:05 PM »

Nice looking bike. I definitely like the way the leather tour pak looks on the Black/Slate, seems a natural fit on that color.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

bigmanken

• Junior CVO Member
  • They think I have lost my mind.
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2005, 10:33:27 PM »

Re Lowers... Well,  I just prefer riding without them. More leg room and a little more wind.  Had on "04 Ultra and never even had the lowers put on the bike until the day I sold it.

Chris

Thanks for the reply. The pics caught my eye because I removed the lowers on the autumn haze yesterday. I thought I would be the lone ranger. Same reason...leg and foot room. It made a definite (positive) difference. Also, riding in South Texas heat, the 103 really appreciates the added wind.

Enjoy the beauty and ride safe.

Ken
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 10:41:56 PM by 103tHunDer »

Mino

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2005, 11:51:47 PM »

Chris:

Would be interested to learn what you decide to do. Whichever way you go, I hope it works out. Sure is a beautiful ride, though, and the pictures looked great. I've got one on order, and I have to admit I've been a little disappointed about the paint scheme in the other pictures I've seen, but it sure looks great in the ones you took!

Mino

Mike103

• Junior CVO Member
  • High on the HOG
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2005, 09:10:17 AM »

Chris

As twolanerider mentioned, the tires may be to blame.  I had unacceptable stability with mine at speed so I installed Avon Venom tires and the Ridestr8 device.  Problem pretty much solved.  Any wobble now is from crosswind gusts.  Did both mods at the same time so I don't really know which did more good, but I'd bet on the tires.  

06 Blk Crimson

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2005, 12:23:32 PM »

Great looking bike, did the dealer have a H-D rep look at it?
06 Blk Crimson charcoal Slate
Rinehart True Duals
SE Race tunner
Dyno'ed 97.0 HP 99.1 lbs of TQ
lots of Chrome lol
2002 Custom Indian Chief

GolfPro22

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2005, 10:00:17 PM »

Nice scooter.  Why would you think an ultra would handle any different?  Probably needs the wheels aligned.  Man hate to see ya get rid of it.

I just recently sold an '04 Ultra Classic, so I was accustomed to how the Ultra Classic handles. This SE was not even close to the smooth stability that I was used to. I am not saying that other SE's are not perfect. Just saying that this one is not right. Fortunately, the delaer agrees with me and is taking it back for now.  I am going to try something else.
Thanks-  
Chris

GolfPro22

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2005, 10:04:29 PM »

Don't mean to belabor what was likely an obvious thing for the shop to check.  But might they have spent a ton of time working on the bike when the problem might be a tire.  I've had bikes with a bad case of wander-lust when a tire has suffered a little internally.  Even new ones might not be perfect.  Even more so on bikes than on cars this will effect stabiity.  On cars the tires and wheels don't also have to serve as the gyroscopes that keep us upright and straight.  Just an idea....

I agree with your hunch.... but they told me that they have checked tires, alignment, steering head, etc.  Something still causing a little weave at speed. I have had 12 Harley's and never felt this before.  Definitnely unusual- and I am sure that this is not a typical SE bike.
Chris

GolfPro22

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2005, 10:07:20 PM »

Chris:

Would be interested to learn what you decide to do. Whichever way you go, I hope it works out. Sure is a beautiful ride, though, and the pictures looked great. I've got one on order, and I have to admit I've been a little disappointed about the paint scheme in the other pictures I've seen, but it sure looks great in the ones you took!

Mino

Thanks Mino.  Had no issue with the paint.  I thought the bike looked great. The stereo is really nice- and the low-end torque is exceptional.
Chris

GolfPro22

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2005, 10:10:33 PM »

As twolanerider mentioned, the tires may be to blame.  I had unacceptable stability with mine at speed so I installed Avon Venom tires and the Ridestr8 device.  Problem pretty much solved.  Any wobble now is from crosswind gusts.  Did both mods at the same time so I don't really know which did more good, but I'd bet on the tires.  

Thanks Mike-   They claimed that they thoroughly checked tires and alignment. Gave up on this bike yesterday afternoon, but the delaer is treating me right. Hate that it did not work out. Great looking bike!   Thanks for your advice.
Chris
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.687 seconds with 21 queries.