Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Hawg-Wired Tweeter Pods  (Read 11014 times)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
Re: Hawg-Wired Tweeter Pods
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2010, 11:30:44 PM »

I saw and hear these on erniezap's ride...very sweet...I so wanted to delay my journey home to get these installed...a really nice addition! AND I WANT THEM!

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE - 2018 FLHTKSE-ANV (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE (Traded) - 2007 FXSTSSE (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2003 100th FLHRCi (Sold) - 2001 FLSTF (Traded)
    • 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2010, 09:30:22 AM »

Ordered them from HD-Dude (Jim). Great price! Great Service! Can't wait to get 'em!

Thanks Jim!!! :orange:
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2010, 09:36:52 AM »

After hearing Ernie's I want some to. Just have to figure out how to get around that dash pad and I would have to wait prolly for Jim to install as he would torture me about my wiring. :huepfenlol2:

Nucleartec

• Junior CVO Member
  • Life is good!!
    • SC

• CVO1: 2005 Cherry SEEG
    • CVO2: 1997 Road King(non CVO)
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDX
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2010, 07:49:41 PM »

So what other speakers are you running. I see three amps.I have the same bike. Bought the HW speakers and two speaker pods for the lower fairing(have not installed lowers yet)(hog tunes ).
2005 SEEG-Cherry
Dave makie 598 gear drive
HPI 55mm throttle body
Thundermax tuner
WO 578 bars
Rhineharts true duals
Hawgwired

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2010, 10:14:24 PM »

is Hawg Wired offering a grill with a tweeter in them like something that J&M has?  that would be nice for those of us who don't want to get the drill out. :-\

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2010, 10:25:12 PM »

Just saw this install thread Jim.  Only recently became aware of their Road Glide tweeter kit and will probably not be able to avoid doing it.  The old SERG has their plug and play amp and the component speaker it.  Couple of questions:

You know of any clearance issues with the component speaker and tweeter?

Did you consider running the tweeters from the radio rather than the amp?  Probably not an issue but that seems like a lot of output for a tweeter?

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2010, 10:28:18 PM »

that sounds like a good idea.. I have the plug n play amp too and I was thinking where would I wire it up to.  Do you think that the tweeter couldn't handle the power supplied from there?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2010, 10:31:33 PM »

that sounds like a good idea.. I have the plug n play amp too and I was thinking where would I wire it up to.  Do you think that the tweeter couldn't handle the power supplied from there?

Less worried that they'd be damaged than that they just might not perform as well.  Have worked with some small tweeters in the past that sounded better when not behind even a fair sized amp.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2010, 11:00:51 PM »

Don-- I was just thinking..  try not to do too much of that :P    with the amp I have ,, I had to tnplug the right plug harnes from the back of the radio...  And I am using the wires that are not in the radio overlay.   would those wires still work?? I'm not sure :-\
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 11:15:36 PM by cvostu »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2010, 11:13:07 PM »

Don-- I was just thinking..  try not to do too much of that :P    with the amp I habe ,, I had to tnplug the right plug harnes from the back of the radio...  And I am using the wires that are not in the radio overlay.   would those wires still work?? I'm not sure :-\

The 04-05 SEEGs were a unique beast so far as radio is concerned.  They used a radio with a built in amp that none of the other bikes ever used.  That second big plug to the right (as you're facing the rear of the radio) is the audio overlay harness that powers the internal amp and carries the amplified outputs.

There are actually two sets of speaker wires in the SEEGs.  As assembled they used the "new" set of speaker wires that are part of that added overlay harness.  The "original" speaker wires that are part of the main harness are still up there though.  

When we add an amp to the SEEGs we want to use the original speaker wires.  So you'd unplug the speaker wires used from the factory, find the other set and run them through the amp.  If using the plug and play amp you'd not be using the speaker wires from the overlay harness.  In fact if using the amp you could unplug the overlay harness from the back of the radio.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2010, 11:21:14 PM »

My Hawg Wired system speakers are connected to those wired that are way up there and working just fine and the plug on the back of the radio is unpluuged.   So I would think the speaker wires in the overlay would not work...  right???  If that's the case,and they wouldn't work,  how would I connect the tweeters?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2010, 11:46:56 PM »

My Hawg Wired system speakers are connected to those wired that are way up there and working just fine and the plug on the back of the radio is unpluuged.   So I would think the speaker wires in the overlay would not work...  right???  If that's the case,and they wouldn't work,  how would I connect the tweeters?

Yes, with the "other" big plug unhooked you're definitely using the original speaker wires as you should be.  You'd hook the tweeters up either in parallel to the main speakers off the amp or catching the speaker outputs before the amp and running them straight out of the radio.

As I now (vaguely) remember the Direct Connect amp I doubt that's actually a feasible option.  So picking them up on the amplified side is what we'd do with that amp.  With their other amps you'd have more options though.  If running the tweeters off of one amp or the other I'd definitely not plug the radios internal amp back in and use its extra set of speaker wires.  It's unfortunately not a very good amp.  If going to use one or the other to drive the tweeters might as well use the good/clean one.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2010, 11:56:55 PM »

I think Ill let the Hawg Wired boys to come  up with a solution or some kind of adaptor, connector..  60k  it's okay so far...

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2010, 10:36:20 PM »

I have them in my SERG and I also have them driven by the factory radio amp vs the Hawg Wired amp. I called Hawg Wired and that was what they recommended. Tech at HW said if I was not pleased to change and have them driven by the HW amp. It was plug and play using the factory speaker outputs so that is what I did. It works AMAZING. Not much difference in the garage, but @ 70 mph it is astounding. The instructions are not clear as to how the proper way to install wiring when you have a Hawg Wired amp (seemed strange) but very clear if you were wiring direct.
I am very satisfied.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2010, 10:47:00 PM »

I have them in my SERG and I also have them driven by the factory radio amp vs the Hawg Wired amp. I called Hawg Wired and that was what they recommended. Tech at HW said if I was not pleased to change and have them driven by the HW amp. It was plug and play using the factory speaker outputs so that is what I did. It works AMAZING. Not much difference in the garage, but @ 70 mph it is astounding. The instructions are not clear as to how the proper way to install wiring when you have a Hawg Wired amp (seemed strange) but very clear if you were wiring direct.
I am very satisfied.

Thanks.  That would've been my first choice if lacking any clear instruction.  A little confirmation from on high is never a bad thing though.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.301 seconds with 21 queries.