Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: when i start, the motor go in red rpm in few second!!! what's the problem?  (Read 2402 times)

guy2507

• Myrtle Beach

I push the start and the bike start, but the motor turn very fast, i stop it immediately the motor.... i dont understand why, it's a flhrse3 2007.
thanks
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 05:39:05 PM by guy2507 »

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member

:oops:
Your ecm (electronic control module) is out of whack.   I think you can put it back into (re-learn) mode for the throttle control by the following.....

With the engine (off),  but the "run" switch (on),  cycle the ignition switch on and off about 6 times within a short period,  like 10-15 seconds.

Now,  it that worked,  try to start the bike again and see if it idles normally. :-\

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE

Couldn't it be as simple as a stuck or bad throttle cable??

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member

:cherry:
I agree it could  all be as simple as that.......I note he said (2007),  so maybe that is all it was cause that may have been (prior) to the FBW (fly by wire) throttle.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited

My 2007 would do that occasionally while riding. It would stick at 2000 RPM, like having cruise control.  Nothing was ever found.  New owner's problem.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

se-jason

Check your idle screw. My buddy just has this issue.  A little lock tight fixed him right up.

guy2507

• Myrtle Beach

Ehhh thanks a lot , youre great

Check your idle screw. My buddy just has this issue.  A little lock tight fixed him right up

now i'm ready ... have a good day

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2

What idle screw would that be?  Idle isn't adjusted with a screw on an EFI bike.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Raza51

• Full CVO Member
  • Ready to Roll

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3

Make sure it's not a "Toyota"....sorry man I couldn't resist.....
2012 Convertible
2009 Timeout Easy Camper
2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins
2009 FS2300 Weekend Warrior
Harleys come in many colors, mine is Red, White and Blue!

dartman

• Elite CVO Member

My 2007 would do that occasionally while riding. It would stick at 2000 RPM, like having cruise control.  Nothing was ever found.  New owner's problem.
My 07 did exactly the same thing, even though it was under warranty the dealer was unable to ever find a problem, they recommended an after market ECM at my cost, I received a fair trade in so I swapped for an 09 at a different dealership, Problem solved.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member

So,  does this mean Dartmans trade-in bike is now owned by the guy that started this post. :)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer

Check to see that the cable is all the way in the throttlebody cable sleeves on the right side of the throttlebody.  If throttle cable is bound up at the top, it will act as though you are wacking the throttle.

As far as the screw goes, think they may be referring to to the throttleblade set screw which really should be set on the digital tech for proper setting.  You can get it pretty close with a feeler gauge and the data mode, but it is not as easy as the digital tech.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

dartman

• Elite CVO Member

So,  does this mean Dartmans trade-in bike is now owned by the guy that started this post. :)

If he got my bike or Remingtons he is going to be one unhappy camper, Harleys first step into closed loop FI came with a few annoying glitches on some bikes. I swapped mine before the big recall, if his headgaskets and base gaskets aren.t leaking and the Rockers aren't clanging against the covers he probably got some other frustrated owners trade in.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 08:08:25 AM by dartman »

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member

What idle screw would that be?  Idle isn't adjusted with a screw on an EFI bike.

Jerry

Initial throttle blade opening/TPS Voltage is set with the Throttle Stop Screw.  Will definitely create an rpm "flare" at initial start-up if the throttle stop screw has worked loose and is keeping blade too far open.  Also causes IAC Steps to be too low at operating temp idle.

See TT410 and TT302.  Appears a lot of '07s got released with no/incorrect locktite on said screw.

And, initial blade opening/TPS Voltage, per TT410, can be set with TTS Data Master.

:2vrolijk_21:
'07 Ultra Classic
Axtell Mountain Motor 107" 
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
SE Intake w/Zippers Max-Flow
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

guy2507

• Myrtle Beach

The idle screw is the screw under air filter, on mecanism who rotate with cable when you turn hand control, and a stopper go on a screw, this is it one... this screw is very loose and with vibration, unscrewed and stop the mecanism at a revolution very high.... like 4000 or 5000 rpm,.   with my finger i screwed this screw placed lock tide and start the bike and is pretty good.

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member

guy:

Here's the two files I mentioned above:

TT302  http://www.box.net/shared/a5x5e4om8i

TT410  http://www.box.net/shared/qmjg3vrffl

If you don't have a TTS Mastertuner, you may want to drop by the Dealer and have them set this correctly.

HTHs.

'07 Ultra Classic
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

guy2507

• Myrtle Beach

guy:
Here's the two files I mentioned above:
TT302  http://www.box.net/shared/a5x5e4om8i
TT410  http://www.box.net/shared/qmjg3vrffl
If you don't have a TTS Mastertuner, you may want to drop by the Dealer and have them set this correctly.
HTHs.

I have a race tuner kit. does it work for this idle setting?

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member

guy:

It's been a while since I used the older version of the race tuner.

Is your Race Tuner the older SERT or the newer SE Pro Super Tuner?
'07 Ultra Classic
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member

I have a race tuner kit. does it work for this idle setting?

guy:

Just looked at my old SERT software, and Data Mode does have the ability to show Throttle Position Volts.  If you indeed have the older Race Tuner, you should be able to set the TP Volts while viewing Data Mode Recording with ignition/start-run switches on and engine not running.

Sure worth a try!

'07 Ultra Classic
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

guy2507

• Myrtle Beach

Just looked at my old SERT software, and Data Mode does have the ability to show Throttle Position Volts.  If you indeed have the older Race Tuner, you should be able to set the TP Volts while viewing Data Mode Recording with ignition/start-run switches on and engine not running.

Sure worth a try!

thanks, i check my software and its possible to set the TP Volts. but i have 1 problem, i dont have a cable, so i order it at harley shop, and i try it.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 21 queries.