Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: HK GPS MAPS  (Read 4173 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: HK GPS MAPS
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 08:56:32 PM »

I still agree with JET CVO, if enough of us complain to the MOCO about it they will do something about it.

Probably not.  Not enough of a critical mass to voice a complaint that would get more than lip service.  You guys are hosed.  Hope not for your sakes.  But it's probably so.

indcoltz

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 07:14:06 AM »

Well if that's the case then it must be time to look into customer rights. I'm hard headed and I'm not going to take this for what it is and go on. I paid a crap load of money for this thing and my only option is too drop another crap load of money for another one with the same guarantee. I don't care what anyone says that is nothing but pure bull***t. They should either provide new maps or reimburse us by giving us a new GPS or our money back. I think it would be cheaper to provide us with new maps.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 12:46:16 PM »

Dude, calm down. This the same with many auto and other gps mfrs. The ability to update is relatively new and almost always, as the unit is replaced by newer versions, and the tech changes, its often not retrofitable. That's the way it goes with electronics, especially those that are already obsolete the day you buy them. Don't waste your energy - just get a Zumo with the dash mount, lifetime maps, and you won't have to worry about it.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

indcoltz

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2010, 01:34:46 PM »

I am calm, I just don't like getting ripped off for $900,00 dollars and then go skipping down the sidewalk like I had a peacock plume sticking out of my butt.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2010, 06:57:52 PM »

Well if that's the case then it must be time to look into customer rights.

What "rights?"  The original product was a purchase.  Period. 

Nowhere in that purchase was there a promise of upgrades (in perpetuity or just once).  If you get them; great.  Is it a common thing for these types of products?  Sometimes....  Though they usually come with a fee. 

No "right" to future upgrade publication exists though.  I'll complain of the MoCo's performance as much anyone else.  But I won't whine about not getting warranty when there's none left or not getting product upgrades when none were promised or otherwise obligated.

In this case there is no promise made and none broken.  It was a lame system to begin with.  Wasn't worth upgrading (which wasn't a surprise).  And it'll fade away as the lame system it was born to be.  Sometimes chit just happens.

I'm hard headed and I'm not going to take this for what it is and go on.

Ok, commence :wall:

I paid a crap load of money for this thing and my only option is too drop another crap load of money for another one with the same guarantee.
Probably so.

I don't care what anyone says that is nothing but pure bull***t.
This may be true.  But that being so still doesn't put a contract in your hand obligating the manufacturer to issue upgrades.

They should either provide new maps or reimburse us by giving us a new GPS or our money back.
I agree and will dispatch the Tooth Fairy forthwith.  He is responsible for other fairy tales so a refund on the OEM GPS system will be right up his alley.

I think it would be cheaper to provide us with new maps.

I'm told the Tooth Fairy works cheap.

JETCVO

• Full CVO Member
  • CopperTop #1643
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2010, 12:10:23 AM »

I still agree with JET CVO, if enough of us complain to the MOCO about it they will do something about it. If not they will probably assume no one cares. I do care, I paid $900.00 for this thing, yes it was included in the price but it was not free. Automobile manufacturers must supply parts for an auto for I believe it's 10 years. I guess this does not apply to motorcycles. Harley needs to start paying more attention to customer satisfaction.

GPS, unlike other accessories and equipment, require updating from time-to-time.
Celestial interference, satellite logistics and terrain changes to name a few.
This is not expecting something out of the ordinary, having high expectations, it’s just an industry standard!
The cheapest GPS system, under $100.00 will provide updates for an indefinite time period.
The MoCo has their heads up and locked and need to be made aware who’s here for what reason!

JETCVO 
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.