Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Something strange with my radio  (Read 7564 times)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: Something strange with my radio
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2010, 09:51:11 AM »

Reading this string is like deja vu. Having same issues with my CUSE4 that has only 1200 miles. Iron Cross gave me some good tips for dealer to check next week when the bike goes in for this problem. I assume if the dealer finds the problem and it turns out to be the radio, they'll replace it under warranty with a new one. But here's the rub with that solution, because I doubt Harley has told H-K to strengthen the offending circuit board, if that's the problem. So they give me a new radio and in short order I have the same issue again? I know I am predicting the future, but from reading postings on this site I am concerned that's likely to happen to me too. Then what? Guess I better check IC's website for repair and modification. Thanks for listening. :o

Dealer may replace the radio with a refurb unit.....I am not too sure....

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2010, 09:54:27 AM »

Dealer may replace the radio with a refurb unit.....I am not too sure....

From my experience : It will always be refurbed, never a new one, even if it's a brand new bike  :nixweiss:

Marty
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

gg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange & Black
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 (Traded for 09 CUSE4) CUSE4 Sold 2012
    • CVO3: FXSTDSEI/ FLHRSEI2 (SOLD 2005)
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2010, 09:59:07 AM »

Thanks again. I can add that to my list of questions for the dealer. Well, at least the cylinders are not leaking, yet. :nervous:

gg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange & Black
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 (Traded for 09 CUSE4) CUSE4 Sold 2012
    • CVO3: FXSTDSEI/ FLHRSEI2 (SOLD 2005)
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2010, 10:33:28 AM »

Took the CUSE4 in yesterday afternoon to have dealer troubleshoot why radio keeps cutting out along with a couple other issues identified on CVO site. Service writer and tech looked at bike and said the issue may not be a bad circuit board at all, but rather that I had the CB radio function activated too and that something to do with "squelch" whatever that is. The tech adjusted said squelch and siad I should try driving with it as adjusted. Apparently the CB will cause radio function to cut out if the "squelch" setting is set wrong. The damn radio is way too complicated for my liking.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2010, 12:27:49 PM »

I started having the radio issue recently.  Playing great and then no sound.  Rode almost 800 miles this past weekend with no tunes for most of the trip.  Sounds just like the circuit board issue.
Mine is under warranty, so I will try to recoup some of the $$$ spent for the warranty, for now.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 10:56:08 PM by LRebel »

twilliams

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2010, 06:45:00 PM »

Yesterday

Radio still has a problem, zzztttitt (sound) then no sound. I can see the display but no sound, well I started pushing the speaker button and what do you know. The sound came on, then same thing zzzzttiit no sound, so I clicked the speaker button again in a differant postion and the sound came back on. What do you guys think, maybe a bad speaker switch?

All this time, two radio's and it maybe a switch,  >:( >:( >:(, well I hope this finally fixes this problem

Marty

Did you ever find out why it does this? Mine has started doing it lately and when it does I can flip the speaker switch to another position and it comes back. sometimes it will do it again in this new position and I can flip if back to the original position and it works again. The other day it cut out the second I opened up the the throttle to pass someone....which makes me think it may be vibration related.

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2010, 08:31:32 AM »

Did you ever find out why it does this? Mine has started doing it lately and when it does I can flip the speaker switch to another position and it comes back. sometimes it will do it again in this new position and I can flip if back to the original position and it works again. The other day it cut out the second I opened up the the throttle to pass someone....which makes me think it may be vibration related.

www.ironcrossaudio.com

I tried to figure out what was wrong , drove me crazy ,  just take it from me, get ahold of these guys, they will fix it right the first time. Save yourself the time and headache.....

Marty
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 22 queries.