Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: XM quit on me???  (Read 978 times)

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
XM quit on me???
« on: July 31, 2010, 09:42:43 PM »

While riding today my XM went out... I started the morning off listening to various XM channels and as I got closer to Detroit I decided to check out some of the local FM stations and managed to keep a strong signal almost to Chatham, ON on my way back to Toronto.

Once I lost all signals I switched back to XM only to find nothing and the radio display read "Check Antenna".  I attempted switching back and forth a few times, but nothing happened.  After another 50 or so miles I tried again and it worked.  But only until I went over a bridge with a bit of a bump, and it went out again.

Has anyone ever experienced this?  Possibly just a loose connection?  Any ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions.
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
Re: XM quit on me???
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 09:54:26 PM »

While riding today my XM went out... I started the morning off listening to various XM channels and as I got closer to Detroit I decided to check out some of the local FM stations and managed to keep a strong signal almost to Chatham, ON on my way back to Toronto.

Once I lost all signals I switched back to XM only to find nothing and the radio display read "Check Antenna".  I attempted switching back and forth a few times, but nothing happened.  After another 50 or so miles I tried again and it worked.  But only until I went over a bridge with a bit of a bump, and it went out again.

Has anyone ever experienced this?  Possibly just a loose connection?  Any ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions.

The only Bike I ever saw that error on the antenna connection had came loose on the XM Module. If not the connector check the wire to the antenna the cable can rub on the metal radio bracket.

:bananarock: :bananarock:
     Brad
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.