Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harley's garage door opener (2008 FLHTCUSE3)  (Read 940 times)

ScooterScott

Harley's garage door opener (2008 FLHTCUSE3)
« on: August 10, 2010, 12:29:31 PM »

:'(  I recently purchased a 2008 Screamin' Eagle Ultra.  It has a remote garage door opener.  I read the instructions and played with it, but it still hasn't opened my garage door.  It makes the wall unit click, but no door movement.  I see a wire connector/plug receptacle in the back, but my unit didn't come with any thing to plug in there.  Well, I'm confused. 

Has anyone struggled with this and yet got it to work?

Ultrablue

Re: Harley's garage door opener (2008 FLHTCUSE3)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 12:32:40 PM »

Not to be insulting, but did it come with the power cord?  I believe that's what's missing.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 12:52:34 PM »

The receiver doesn't have a power cord, so it can't be missing.  Receiver plugs directly in to the wall outlet (spades are directly part of the unit).  Plus if there was no power to the unit he wouldn't hear the "click."

There is a small cable that plugs in to the receiver at one end and attaches to the control screws of your garage door motor at the other.  The same screws that a wall mounted button or other remote opener would attach to.

If you're missing that cable you could be in a bind.  For some inexplicable reason Harley doesn't sell that little two wire harness separately.  I've used speaker wire and soldered a wire on each spade in a receiver.  Have also read that someone picked up a cable that worked just fine at a garage door maintenance business.  Apparently it's a common plug for those systems.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 12:56:01 PM »

Here you go.  Just liberated this image from the P&A website's PDF install doc.  Sounds like you're missing the little two wire cable they've got as #15.  Not sold separately though (dumchits). 

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.