Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Re: Dyno Numbers  (Read 66843 times)

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: Dyno Numbers
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2006, 09:51:30 AM »

I WOULD SAY THE SOUND IS DIFFERENT BOTH SOUND GOOD .I HAVE HAD KERKERS ON LAST 2 BIKES SO GETTING USED TO NEW SOUND IS LIL DIFFERENT.IF LOOKING FOR KERKERS I HAVE A PAIR WITH 4000 MILES ON THEN FOR SALE $250 PLUS SHIPPING.

JDOFLHRIDER - I may be interested. I'll PM you with my email address for pics of the Kerkers.

Thanks
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

Rhino

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2006, 07:19:57 PM »

Dyno Dun.   Stock FLHTCUSE2, except, RT, AC, Sampson Rolled Slip Ons...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 07:27:08 PM by flhtcse2004 »

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2006, 09:34:14 PM »

Has anyone had a stock '07 SE dyno tested?  The HD literature claims 115 on the torque at 3000 RPM.  I'm seeing that folks have added, pipes, filters, tuners, etc. just to get less than 110 ft. lbs.  What's the story here?

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2006, 09:48:01 PM »

Where are you referencing, are the referencing Crank or Rear wheel?
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2006, 09:49:41 PM »

Numbers that H-D quotes are always at the crank.

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2006, 04:59:00 PM »

What kind of drives losses would you normally expect from the crank to the rear wheel?  Is it greater than 10%?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2006, 05:13:26 PM »

What kind of drives losses would you normally expect from the crank to the rear wheel?  Is it greater than 10%?
Found a couple of posts that speak of this...

16G shotgun mufflers for 06 SEVROD

Horsepower and torque

120 HP ?

The above threads were found using "crank hp rear wheel hp" as the search criteria (searching all threads/all posts). There were some others if you wish to use that search criteria.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2006, 02:02:31 PM »

Thanks Fired00d!  Good info!

JDOFLHRIDER

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2010 FLHTCUSE5 BURNT AMBER -HOT CITRUS
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2006, 04:40:23 PM »

WELL I'M SORRY THIS HAS SPEED ON IT INSTEAD OF RPM .I WASN'T LOOKING WHEN SERVICE MGR PRINTED IT UP.THIS 07 SEUC HAS D-D FAT CATS(HP BAFFLE),SE AC AND SE PT AND OWNER GRINNING EAR TO EAR LOVE'H HIS BIKE.   RUN FILE 1 IS SE AC,RUN FILE 027 IS SE AC ,KERKER SLIP ON'S,AND SE PT   RUN FILE 51 IS SE AC,D-D FAT CATS (HP BAFFLE)AND SE PT. RIDES GREAT  JDO  ONE OF THESE DAYS I'LL LEARN HOW TO MAKE SMALL PIC'S
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 04:46:10 PM by flhtcse2004 »

Deuce-Bag

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2007, 10:21:46 AM »

Just a comment here for those that are interested.  I have been poking around on this site for several months looking at what people are doing with engine / exhaust mods and dyno numbers.  I see a lot of variations from one bike to the next with similar setups.  What I do notice is that there are definitely variations in how each tuner sets up his "correction factor" and "smoothing" (someone else had already broght this up).  More so I see some tuners take some liberties with their A/F ratios to a point that I believe is risky, IE A/F ratios at or around stochiometric of 14.7 :1.  Sure it bumps the numbers but I don't believe such A/F ratios are a wise idea for WOT on the street, especially once an engine reaches a compression ratio of 9 or 9.5:1.  Increased cylinder head temps and potential detonation issues would be my concern.  It would also be interesting to see some of these curves with a knock sensor plot and timing curve included (fat chance right?).

What I would be curious to see are various 103 setups dynoed at the same tuner under the same A/F and timing conditions.  Does anyone know of such a place or has any of the magazines ever tackled such a task?  Unlikely I know but I thought it's worth a try.

Thanks,  Bob
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 10:28:49 AM by Deuce-Bag »

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2007, 11:11:18 AM »

Bob,

Maybe a bunch of guys can get together at the dyno truck in Datona or Myrtle...this would be very good to see.

I just put some Zippers stuff in my bike and all I told the dyno guy was make the air/fuel flat @ 12.8 to 13.3. I guess some might like it higher for better gas milage and better numbers...but I dont know the effect on the motor when running the bike at 14.7 for long periods of time? To me the numbers are just a reference to the improvement of the mods. and the flatness of the air fuel curve. I dont care much for my bike has more than your bike numbers game...but I would like my correction numbers and a/f numbers to be the same as well as the same dyno to see what my personal gains are for the mods. I just spent a pretty penny on.

Barry
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

Deuce-Bag

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2007, 11:33:43 AM »

Yes Barry I would agree, it would be nice to compare apples to apples.  By the way, I am sure all of the dyno runs are at WOT and gas mileage is typically not an issue here because the economy comes from the part throttle settings.  Cars and now the 07 CUSE use O2 sensors to keep the A/F ratio at ~ 14.7:1 (give or take) at part throttle and that's ok because the load on the engine in this range is fairly low.  That's how they get the better fuel economy.  I don't think many tuners play much with the part throttle stuff.  I asked my guy to tweak mine and he has my mileage up to about 40mpg from about 35 on my 06' CUSE.

bikerdude

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2007, 09:00:38 AM »

I have a 2007 black and Orange ultra That I have installed Rienhart true duals air cleaner and a set of Carls Speed shop in Daytona cams. My bike produced 99 hp 113 ft lbs of tk.
Now my bike runs good and runs a lot cooler. I added Amsoil in the motor and regular primary oil and regular Trans fluid and almost all of the noise has went away.

GasRat

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2007, 10:55:59 PM »

Well just had the bike dyno'd this evening  and have to say what a difference in seat of the pants test. Red line is the pcIII 96" w/rineharts download, close but extremly rich at 2000 to 3000 rpm. after tuning I have to say that there is a pretty noticable difference in driveability. Have to say over all I am very pleased so far. And God I love that Rinehart sound!! [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=orange.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_20.gif] First time trying attachment. Hope I get it right.
Better to remain quiet and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

CVOHarley Member #2390

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2007, 01:23:34 AM »

Well just had the bike dyno'd this evening  and have to say what a difference in seat of the pants test. Red line is the pcIII 96" w/rineharts download, close but extremly rich at 2000 to 3000 rpm. after tuning I have to say that there is a pretty noticable difference in driveability. Have to say over all I am very pleased so far. And God I love that Rinehart sound!! [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=orange.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_20.gif] First time trying attachment. Hope I get it right.

Numbers look good! nice flat AFR as well [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.