Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: SE 255 Cams/Xied , Story  (Read 8825 times)

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
Re: SE 255 Cams/Xied , Story
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2014, 06:15:32 PM »

i KNOW lots of folks spend lots of money on bikes, i get that

first harley - 79  about 3k

second 82 about 3k

third 04 about 16 k

fifth 07 about 20k

total in over THIRTY YEARS is 42000 dollars. 1200 a year - 100 dollars a month TOTAL on my bikes.

ran the first two well over a hundred thousand miles - the 00 was the oddball traded it at 86k miles because of the cam failure fiasco... metal everywhere but only a new cam and bearings. SHOULD HAVE REBUILT THE 00 and kept it - live and learn.

some folks on this site buy that many bikes in two years - totally fine with me.
some folks on this site spend that much cash on power increases in two years... i like to watch, but I'm not joining in.

from 79 to today - couple dozen tires - dozen + chains [i do like belts] couple of grand in mods and repair parts TOTAL in all that time - about 93 dollars per year of modification budget.

so ya - 400 for a tune plus 450 for a tuner is a LOT of CASH

its totally ok for folks to spend that kind of money in a couple of years - totally ok

but to make fun of me for riding for over 30 years for less than a hundred dollars a month can just plain KISS MY UGLY OLD FAT ASS.

to

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: SE 255 Cams/Xied , Story
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2014, 06:25:39 PM »

i KNOW lots of folks spend lots of money on bikes, i get that

first harley - 79  about 3k

second 82 about 3k

third 04 about 16 k

fifth 07 about 20k

total in over THIRTY YEARS is 42000 dollars. 1200 a year - 100 dollars a month TOTAL on my bikes.

ran the first two well over a hundred thousand miles - the 00 was the oddball traded it at 86k miles because of the cam failure fiasco... metal everywhere but only a new cam and bearings. SHOULD HAVE REBUILT THE 00 and kept it - live and learn.

some folks on this site buy that many bikes in two years - totally fine with me.
some folks on this site spend that much cash on power increases in two years... i like to watch, but I'm not joining in.

from 79 to today - couple dozen tires - dozen + chains [i do like belts] couple of grand in mods and repair parts TOTAL in all that time - about 93 dollars per year of modification budget.

so ya - 400 for a tune plus 450 for a tuner is a LOT of CASH

its totally ok for folks to spend that kind of money in a couple of years - totally ok

but to make fun of me for riding for over 30 years for less than a hundred dollars a month can just plain KISS MY UGLY OLD FAT ASS.

to

Lol that's awesome! I wish I could leave mine alone but I can't. I love modding. I understand what you are saying and respect that. 

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.