Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Saddle Bags Falling Off  (Read 51385 times)

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
Re: Saddle Bags Falling Off
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 09:59:51 AM »

The bags that come with all the convertibles make the bike look cheap, that's why I went with hard bags, no problems

Willie D

• Senior CVO Member
  • Live Life at Full Throttle !

• CVO1: FLSTSE3
    • CVO2: FLHRSEI
    • CVO3: FXDWG2
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 11:40:20 AM »

The bags that come with all the convertibles make the bike look cheap, that's why I went with hard bags, no problems

Very Nice !  :bananarock:
changes the whole look, but at what price ? :coolblue:
'Keep your Knees in the Breeze'
01 FXDWG- 11,000 + sold
02 FLHRSEI-66k + traded
New 06 FLTRI - Sold
08 XL1200 N - sold
2010 FLSTFB - Trade
2012 FLSTSE3 - Satin Pewter - 'Brush Gold'
2015 BMW F700GS
2017 Indian Chieftain Dark Horse  TS 111

Brukus

• The Big Brukus
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
    • Brukus Motorcycle Parts
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 06:10:47 PM »

Brukus Saddle Bag Secure. Easy and cheap, why bother with zip ties?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.628106,-0.278567

We are offering free shipping for a limited time! Great stocking stuffers...
The Big Brukus   ~   Big + Ruckus = Brukus
Navy Vet

Jasray

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 11:41:46 PM »

Brukus - please correct me if I am incorrect, but your company doesn't make a product to secure the ConV saddelbags.  I have emailed you before with no respose and I contacted your company and they said that you didn't have anything that would accommodate the special mounts on the ConV.  If that has changed please let us know, all the ConV's have tempermental mounts.

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE Red
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 08:24:33 AM »

I like it lots but the wife says no!
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

Brukus

• The Big Brukus
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
    • Brukus Motorcycle Parts
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 07:10:34 PM »

FYI - We are offering FREE Domestic Shipping on our products and REDUCED Shipping for our International Friends for a limited time! Brukus® products make great stocking stuffers! We have never offered free shipping before, so make sure you take advantage of it.
The Big Brukus   ~   Big + Ruckus = Brukus
Navy Vet

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 08:32:09 PM »

Very Nice !  :bananarock:
changes the whole look, but at what price ? :coolblue:

cycle Visions makes the bracket kit, as does a company up in Canada (RnR custom cycles, I think)

Then cost of bags and painting to match. Did the same thing on my '03 Fatboy.. loved it.

I had about $1200 into the whole thing including shipping all the stuff to Hawaii.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Willie D

• Senior CVO Member
  • Live Life at Full Throttle !

• CVO1: FLSTSE3
    • CVO2: FLHRSEI
    • CVO3: FXDWG2
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2011, 10:17:48 AM »

cycle Visions makes the bracket kit, as does a company up in Canada (RnR custom cycles, I think)

Then cost of bags and painting to match. Did the same thing on my '03 Fatboy.. loved it.

I had about $1200 into the whole thing including shipping all the stuff to Hawaii.

I gotta say they really do look Awesome, and Hey, it's only $$$$$$$ right.
Sure wish I was where you are this morning . . . . 22 degrees here. . Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
'Keep your Knees in the Breeze'
01 FXDWG- 11,000 + sold
02 FLHRSEI-66k + traded
New 06 FLTRI - Sold
08 XL1200 N - sold
2010 FLSTFB - Trade
2012 FLSTSE3 - Satin Pewter - 'Brush Gold'
2015 BMW F700GS
2017 Indian Chieftain Dark Horse  TS 111

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2011, 12:59:40 PM »

Brukus Saddle Bag Secure. Easy and cheap, why bother with zip ties?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.628106,-0.278567

Brukus is the way to go  :2vrolijk_21:
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 06:00:00 AM »

I gotta say they really do look Awesome, and Hey, it's only $$$$$$$ right.
Sure wish I was where you are this morning . . . . 22 degrees here. . Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Yeah.. that was before I realized I could ride a Touring bike with no mods.... so I did all of that to the fatboy.. then gave it to my wife when I bought the FLHX... then the FLTRSE3...

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2011, 05:12:49 PM »

I had both the right (2x) and left saddle bag fall off in the first 2 months of owning my 2010 ConV. I was luckily able to recover both with minimal damage and was convinced that there was something wrong with the latching system. Ever since then I ALWAYS make a point to double check the bag mounting points and locks to make sure they are securely latched into place before every ride. In the 2 years since that time I have not had another bag fall off. I hate to say it but the statistics are on the side of human error - at least in my case. Now prior to this I would have sworn under oath that I latched the bags properly prior to each ride when the bags fell off but the data doesn't seem to support that. Now giving the latches a twist to make sure they are locked into place and secure is part of my normal preflight check. I can honestly say I am comforable enough with them to use the bags again without adding any 3rd party product to secure them further.

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2011, 04:13:10 PM »

I had both the right (2x) and left saddle bag fall off in the first 2 months of owning my 2010 ConV. I was luckily able to recover both with minimal damage and was convinced that there was something wrong with the latching system. Ever since then I ALWAYS make a point to double check the bag mounting points and locks to make sure they are securely latched into place before every ride. In the 2 years since that time I have not had another bag fall off. I hate to say it but the statistics are on the side of human error - at least in my case. Now prior to this I would have sworn under oath that I latched the bags properly prior to each ride when the bags fell off but the data doesn't seem to support that. Now giving the latches a twist to make sure they are locked into place and secure is part of my normal preflight check. I can honestly say I am comforable enough with them to use the bags again without adding any 3rd party product to secure them further.

MikeV

The Brukus set-up is really and antitheft item and but doubles to secure the bags better while moving down the highway.  Good stuff  :2vrolijk_21:
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

TxDrifter

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2012, 06:50:39 PM »

MikeV

I had my left one pop off a week ago.  The only thing that I can think happened is that we had stuffed it pretty full and upon removing the items the latch wasn't completely secured.  Hit a nice pothole and it came bouncing down the road.  My local dealer is not who I purchased the bike from, but they were really easy about getting it ordered.  About 15 minutes for him to do some research on individual parts or fully assembled and will get it after the 20th since it is on back order.

nocart4me

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2012, 08:16:56 PM »

I too just picked up my 2012 CVO convertible and almost made it home after my first 50 miles. Hit a speed bump and lost the right saddle bag in traffic. So sad. I researched this bike for three years and felt like I knew it inside and out. Should have gone to this site first to see the problem. I love the bike. The dealer said they would take pictures and order a new one. Surely Harley will come up with a fix.

ejvette

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2012, 08:35:41 PM »

MikeV

I'm with you I gotta believe human error.  If your riding home from the dealer after picking up your new bike and the bag falls off its the dealers fault absolutely.

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.(W. Churchill)

12 CVO Convertible Satin Pewter
09 Deluxe Vivid Black-Sold

1998 Corvette 500HP
1970 Chevelle SS454 M22 Rock Crusher
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.