Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Excessive Pitting Primary Chain 2010 SEUC  (Read 3549 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Excessive Pitting Primary Chain 2010 SEUC
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 01:15:38 PM »

With the past history of this dealer, and the responses of the regional rep on your last issue, I'm pretty certain that I would have communicated with some folks at Redline, at least to make them aware of the fact that their products were being held responsible for those issues, and now this one.  Don't know if they'd want to do anything about it, but if it were me, I'd sure let them know.  Funny how none of the other components exposed to the same fluid show evidence of pitting or abnormal wear.  Primary fluid always appears nasty when drained.

Though my dealer, of course, recommends HD products first, they also sell Redline Shockproof for the transmission, and actually recommend it.

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
Re: Excessive Pitting Primary Chain 2010 SEUC
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 01:29:31 PM »

We have a new service manager at Tucson Harley and he is Pro Amsoil and also likes Redline products. As a matter of fact they are now selling Amsoil at the dealer now. Its the techs in back that are pro-harley and don't think outside the box when it comes to different fluids. They were trained/brain washed that way and that's there belief.
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.