Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 3 Reasons why You Buy from a Particular Dealer?  (Read 3136 times)

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: 3 Reasons why You Buy from a Particular Dealer
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2006, 05:14:43 PM »

Bama, do you styill work at Rocket? They are owned by Naples HD. There attitude here for years has been just like that. The new General manager now is trying to mend fences and they are dealing. I still haven't bought a bike from them, but I'd consider it now.

Bigdog

No Big Dog I turned in my notice when these guys bought the store in May of 03 .... after 25 years in the car business in one town and 3 years at Harley I always felt the only thing that seperated me and most of the other guys was my integrity and I was unwilling to comprimise that for this new owner .... but your right they are owed by the Fisher grope out of Flordia ...

Bama
" Why Johnny Ringo ...you look like somone just ..walked across your grave"

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2006, 08:50:53 PM »

Selling price is obviously an issue, but SERVICE IS THE BIGGEST reason, The staff at any dealer should be a given to be helpful, respectful. and friendly.
 Anything after that such as events are a bonus, cookouts, appreciation days for buyers with a mark down on apparel, etc..
Suggestion to you-- ASK each buyer if they would like to have their picture taken with their new bike, to be added to the picture board which could be in an area that all visitors and staff can see, and have the staff try to get to know the new owners by name, so when they walk in these owners will feel as though they (belong, or have some stake) with your dealership. Small things like that help.
  Goodluck with the new Harley shop.
MYCVO [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

Pap

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2006, 05:40:53 PM »

I worked for Rocket Harley in 2002 and 2003 and this is their theory. They know that they will only get so many new bikes for a particular year ..say 450
There are risks and costs to a program of action.  But they are far less than the long range risks and costs of comfortable inaction.

noVee

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2006, 10:00:31 PM »

I bought my first Harley in '93, lucky enough to get the 90th anniversary edition MooGlide Heritage Softtail.
It was a new dealership, and they made me feel great! Although they could not secure the bike I wanted, as sold out, the '93 FLSTN black and white cowhide MOOGlide, but nevertheless made me feel like a valued customer!!
My experience with the Service Manager was unlike any in the past or since. I trusted him, his judgement, and all the work ever done on my bike with regards to mods was done by their #1 mechanic, I think his name was Jim White? (sorry, if not correct, cause I really liked working with him as well) could be wrong, who then went on to work for Deeley Canada, the distributor.
When it came to buying my new bike, the '06 SEFB, this particular dealership could not secure the bile although they really tried. By fluke, only after working it for over a month, the salesman Paul McDermott called me that they they were offered a trade involving the bike I wanted. His name is Dan McNutt, and I have never had a better experience with a service manager of any type vehicle in my life.
Dealership is Davies H-D in Richmond Hill, Ont. Canada.
noVee
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 10:08:28 PM by noVee »

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2006, 12:00:46 PM »

My dealer is only a couple of miles down the road , although there are 2 others within a half hour ride. What keeps me loyal is they are a family business that treats you like family.  When I had a problem , I called the owner , he took care of me and followed up.  
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2006, 12:30:34 PM »

My dealer is only a couple of miles down the road , although there are 2 others within a half hour ride. What keeps me loyal is they are a family business that treats you like family.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 01:36:44 PM by Mrs._WeCVO »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2006, 01:28:27 PM »

San Diego H-D treats me the way I expect to be treated as a customer. I'm not gonna sugar coat it and say it didn't take some effort on my part. I had a couple of meetings with the owner, the general manager and the managers of each dept before I got my point across. However, now they understand MY expectations and I understand THEIRS. I think that is the key to any business relationship- - - - knowing what each side's position is. My latest big purchase was my new 07 Road Glide. The sales dept found some rather creative ways to give me a break on the price, and I have always gotten great discounts from parts, as such, the Tour-pak and seat backs were well below the cat price. IMO I got the deal I wanted for what I feel was a price no other dealer in my area would have matched, let alone beaten.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 01:33:25 PM by SPIDERMAN »

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2006, 01:38:25 PM »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2006, 02:02:02 PM »

Well I have to tell you that is quite unique .... if every customer who bought parts or a bike wanted to have a sit down one on one with the owner of the store he would not have time TO run his store ..BUT I have to say if you can manage that I think its a great concept ..

Bama

Bama

It's the same with my dealer as Spiderman said. And it doesn't happen overnight. I have a relationship with the service techs, the parts guru's and the motorclothes department and it pays off. They call me all the time to tell me about the CS (cool chit) they just got in or just heard of that's available. And I call them when I hear of something or see something in another dealership.

You know,,, maybe they have me trained!

But I have heard I can be hard to deal with, so go figure.
I just know that they take care of me and Nancy and anyone I send in there.

Ask JC and AK
The owner of Harley Davidson of Charlotte opened the dealership after hours to give the California connection a tour of the place!

Made me proud to say that he was my dealer!

« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 02:03:18 PM by Silver-Black »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2006, 02:06:14 PM »

Hey Bama,
               What you are saying is what happens with car dealerships which is why most people do not buy more than one vehicle from a particular dealership, HOWEVER, Harley-Davidson motorcycles are not cars, or trucks, they are not even inanimate objects to those of us who love them. They are almost alive and real to us, and we think of our dealerships as clubhouses and not places of business, so the expectations are higher and a lot more personal. As to the number issue, you are indeed correct, but   You , me and everyone on this site is not everyone. We are the ELite, the crem de la crem, the annointed, the exalted, the chosen few   LOL    Point being is I am saying this to the 2500 members of this site spread out over the entire country and even a few other countries. I am talking within " this thing we have "  La Cosa H-D    LOL       Sorry, I am off on one of my wiseass tangents today. Am healing better than I'd hoped and looking forward to riding in another couple weeks

Aidos
          Big B

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2006, 02:26:45 PM »

Hey Bama,

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2006, 02:33:38 PM »

Rob,
         Touche dude, I deserved that. Man you must be a good businessman, you don't miss a thing. I think the essence of my point lies in what I said about an H-D dealership being more of a clubhouse than a place of business.  OK, no more cheap shots aboiut car salesmen, even if they do buy cheap suits. LOL

Big B

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2006, 02:36:27 PM »

PS to Rjob,
               Check out the Anti Monkey Butt cream they sell. It'll work wonders on that " chapped behind " of yours

[smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2006, 02:39:11 PM »

Rob,

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2006, 02:40:59 PM »

Rob,

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.