Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Brake Rotors  (Read 2516 times)

smiley1049

• Senior CVO Member
Brake Rotors
« on: August 10, 2012, 01:19:19 PM »

Just wondering what people think of the Lyndall brake rotors and are they worth the money.

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
Re: Brake Rotors
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 01:33:49 PM »

I have a set on the front. When my stock ones started pulsing and no warranty left I spent the money to (hopefully) not have any more problems down the road. I love em.

Depending on why you're replacing you might want to try these guys http://www.truedisk.net

Somebody posted on here that they fixed their stock warped rotors. If it had been winter and mine were bad I may have tried it. I still might just for the hell of it as I kept the stock ones. If they're good and can be trued maybe I'll take my Lyndall's to my next bike, if that ever happens, and put the stock back on.

sleepybare

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 CVO ULTRA
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 03:00:35 PM »

I have ran their pads and rotors on a couple of my bikes and IMHO found them, to be a bit pricey but, a great improvement over the stock Harley brake system.  I have no experience with the Harley Anti Lock Brembo's set up so I have no opinion in that arena.

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 06:28:37 PM »

Since the OEM rotor warpage is so widespread I wonder if having them resurfaced is just giving you a little more time before they warp again.  Don't know if they are just not manufactured to tight tolerances or that they are just crap from the get-go.  I have 57K on my SERK and so far they have been replaced 3 times under warranty. 

I like the looks and performance from the Lyndall's but they are pricey.  Is there any other choice available to us that has prooven to do the job?   

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 09:10:15 PM »

Since the OEM rotor warpage is so widespread I wonder if having them resurfaced is just giving you a little more time before they warp again.     

Good point

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 09:16:26 PM »

I like the looks and performance from the Lyndall's but they are pricey.  Is there any other choice available to us that has prooven to do the job?   

IDK, I'm sure somebody on this site has dealt with PM or some other big manufacturer. From what I've heard and experienced with the Lyndall composite though is a nice improvement over stock Brembo.

If you're just looking for a quality replacement that is comparable to stock that won't warp after a few thousand miles I'm sure there are much more cost effective alternatives out there than HD brand.

I just don't have any experience with them. :nixweiss:

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 11:02:47 PM »

Actually any of the "full floating" quality rotors are good and so far I have not warped one of them. I have had the Harley ones on a 01 RK and they worked great for 30K that I rode the bike, then on the SEEG I had Renegade's verison of full floating and they also worked for the 30K with 6-Piston HHI Calipers to a very high level, almost equal to my 02 Buell, then on the 09 SERG I have the Polished HD ones and they are hanging in there without any problems. Of the three bikes all had same principle rotors but different calipers. RK with chrome HD Calipers and Lyndall pads stopped, at the time, I thought pretty good, the SEEG with the HHI's and Lyndall pads was amazing in the stopping department so far superior to HD calipers/rotors you had to be careful when riding in a group or people would be almost running over you from behind, the SERG with HD/Brembo calipers and Lyndall pads stops better than the RK did but no where near the SEEG with HHI's.

NSTY110RIDER

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 12:43:55 AM »

When my stock rotors warped at 10K miles on my 08 SERK, I replaced them with Lyndall rotors and pads.
They are expensive but they are a HUGE improvement over stock IMO.   
2008 Screamin Eagle Road King

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 11:15:40 AM »

Also if you are considering Lyndall, call them direct for pricing. They're advertised full retail from major suppliers, but I remember them giving somewhere between 10-20% off for site members at one point. It wouldn't hurt to mention that you heard about them here and were wondering if they'd still offer a discount for forum member. I know it saved me some money.

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 22 queries.