Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FOLDING UTILITY TRAILER FOR MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT  (Read 659 times)

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
FOLDING UTILITY TRAILER FOR MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« on: August 22, 2006, 01:55:15 PM »

Well, I'm looking for advice and opinions, so I think I'm looking in the right place.  I'm considering a trailer that will be good for multiple uses.  Here's a link to the unit I'm considering:
http://www.sportutilitytrailers.com/LongChih/749TE.htm
I'm currently without a pickup and will probably be for at least 59 more monthly payments (traded my 2000 Dakota for a 2006 Hummer H3).  I'm thinking about a small trailer, but I can't leave it sitting out.  I like the idea of being able to fold the trailer and store it in the garage.  Has anyone had any experience with this type of trailer.  Are they as functional as they would apprear to be?

I know Kendon and others make folding motorcycle trailers, but I want something that I can use for multiple purposes.  I need it for the occasional trip to Home Depot, moving a refrigerator, or hauling a canoe, but I'd also like to be able to put a bike on it.  I've never trailered a bike, but I could see that it might be nice to be able to load one up to take it in for service, help out a fellow rider, etc.  Notice that a bike rail is available as an accessory for this trailer.

What do you think?

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: FOLDING UTILITY TRAILER FOR MOTORCYCLE TRANSPO
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 02:43:36 PM »

Phaze,
I have used the Kendon when had limited garage space. It looks like the model you are looking at works very similarly as far as ability to haul and store. Obviously with wood floor ( like now have in enclosed trailer) would mount erail systems for tie down and pro bike chock with quick disconnect base. and you could go from home depot hero to two wheel scoot demon in no time.
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.