Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Questions for anyone with an 07 ?  (Read 6596 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Questions for anyone with an 07 ?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2006, 07:54:19 PM »

OK,
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2006, 09:20:12 PM »

According to K&N website this filter will replace the stock one for 2007 Road Glide (Vehicle Application Page).

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Thanks d0000000000000000000000000000d  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Big B

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2006, 11:46:31 PM »

Well in spite of conflicting advice, I put the muffs that came on my 03 SERK on the new 07 RG today since they're a bit more open than the 07 muffs are. Bike runs good, if anything seems to have a smoother powerband and it also seemed to run a bit cooler. Am going to put an oil cooler on at 1,000 mile checkup on Wednesday and see what that does to the temps.

OK,
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2006, 09:37:45 AM »

Otis,
       Do you think the ECM will adjust without a reprogram if I install the K&N ? As I said, it adjusted to the 03 SE muffs well, actually running better. ( by the way you sure were right about how choked off the stock 07 muffs are)

Thanks
          B B

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2006, 10:31:52 AM »

Hosted some guys from another H.O.G. chapter who visited town this weekend.  One of them works in sales at a dealership.  He said at the dealer meeting H-D stated that any mods except H-D approved to exhaust, air cleaner, would void warranty, period.  This is strongest language I've heard but of course we've heard all this before.  The moco must really be feeling the pressure from the EPA and is stepping up their pressure to discourage us from making mods that are not EPA compliant.

Also, he pointed out that on the '07s the left muffler is very restricted thus directing a greater volume of exhaust to the right.  Kinda like a poor man's 2-into-1.  Not having ridden an '07 I have no idea how restricted it is.  But if it is like earlier models you gotta let it breathe.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2006, 03:27:10 PM »

Hosted some guys from another H.O.G. chapter who visited town this weekend.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2006, 04:40:24 PM »

Well I suppose in theory it might be a good idea, but I can tell you after changing to the 03 Screamin Eagle mufflers, that the bike runs better and cooler. Like I said, I think with the oil cooler installed I may have the problem all but licked. If I can put a stage 1 or a K & N element and rechip to richen up a bit, all the better. Anyway, we'll see what they say when I drop it off for the 1k service this Wednesday.

B B [/quote

Ditto on my '06 - smoother, cooler and stronger.  Biggest thing I noticed was that the throttle response was soooooo much better after putting the SE pro performance slip-ons and the K&N air filter.  Fully expected the '07s to behave about the same way.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2006, 03:26:09 PM »

The new RG is in the shop today having it's 1k service. I'll be interested to see what if any comments I get from them on the change out to the 03 Screamin Eagle mufflers. San Diego H-D tends to look out for it's customers very well on warranty issues, so I'll be surprised if I get anything negative.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2006, 04:00:18 PM »

Hey B,
  We've been hearing this from the Moco for years,  fact is,  when you buy a couple of bikes a year from them,  they're gonna take care of you in the end.......sh$t,  you paid for NY Mykes new house for Christ sake....he better take care of ya!!!

_Beagle ;)
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2006, 04:08:02 PM »

Ahh
    My brother returns from the clutches of the Martha Stewart syndrome to once again being a wise ass white boy, brother and all round good dude. Good to have you back bro.

Faux  [smiley=pumpkin.gif]

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2006, 09:13:46 AM »

Anyone out there with an 07. Either SEUC or regular production ?
Two questions.
A) Is your trans loud when shifting ?
B) Are you getting a lot of heat from the right side rear exhaust pipe ?

Got to ride a totally stock 07 electrglide for a day out here in the Cactus patch.  Shifting noise about the same.  Maybe a change from the Harley juice to Amsoil might quiet it down.  Regarding the heat: It was hotter than hell on the right side.    If I owned this bike, I would put heat wrap between the exhaust and the heat shields.  
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2006, 10:35:46 AM »

Some observations 1,100 miles in.

A) I hate the new " Smart" security system. Dumbest damn idea in recent memory in my book. I don't know how many times I've set the damn thing off in the garage because I left the key fob in the house when I went out to install some OCD therapy items

B) Tranny has not quieted down. I will be dropping the Syn 3 in favor of AMSOIL before I leave for Maggie Valley Saturday. FYI, the new 07's hold 45oz's in the tranny case. ???????

C) Changing the exhaust to Screamin Eagle and swappin the stock paper filter for a K & N did not cause any problems with the ECM. Bike runs super, real strong and smooth. Took it up to 6,500 ft. elevation ( Mt Laguna) yesterday and it ran perfectly. New ECM set-up seems to have a respectable level of automatic adjustment to it.

D) Once again San Diego H-D comes through like gold on a warranty issue. Pits in one of my lower legs. Got a set of chrome lower legs installed for just the cost ( less my discount) of the parts. I am of a mind that dealer imput is everything in warranty issues. I can't imagine why a dealer would not want to push a warranty claim since it makes the customer happy and they get paid by the MoCo for it, but from reading a lot of posts on the subject it sure sounds to me like some dealers are a$$_o_es when it comes to helping folks get the coverage they were promised at time of sale.

B B

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2006, 09:10:42 PM »

Anyone out there with an 07. Either SEUC or regular production ?
Two questions.
A) Is your trans loud when shifting ?
B) Are you getting a lot of heat from the right side rear exhaust pipe ?

A)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 09:12:25 PM by WVRDKING »
'07 Ultra Classic
Axtell Mountain Motor 107" 
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
SE Intake w/Zippers Max-Flow
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2006, 09:56:13 PM »

You folks with the "whining" in 5th gear in your transmission, if you have the SYN3 in your tranny get rid of it and put in Redline Heavy Duty Shockproof and see it that gets rid of the "whine".

I have the HD SE Six Speed Transmission and have used Redline from day one, which now is about 15,000 miles and no problems and no noise.  

I know the 07 Six Speed may be different, with 5th gear being a straight cut gear rather than bevelled as the others, and I do no even know how the gears are cut in the older SE HD Six Speeds.

geezerglide

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2006, 07:27:38 PM »

Spiderman something you may consider is try taping the exhaust with only one round of exhaust tape no overlaps.   the Shields should still fit and it will help to absorb the heat while you decide on alternate pipes.  I have had friends buy the heat shields and each of them has trashed them in a short amount of time with the quote being waste of F'n money.  to each is own...

The transmission is definately noisey and the moco is aware of it, but standard answer is Operating as intended.   I would suggest either Amsoil, Mobil 1, or Redline in the Tranny it should help quiet it down as others have suggested.  

cya in MV ..<------ (reference made again)
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.